Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"
Dear doctor I am having irregular periods and menstrual cycle problems. Last time I had my periods for 3 weeks with heavy bleeding every day. In between it didn't bleed for two or three days. Also 28 days gap is not maintained sometimes. Kindly suggest some medicine or some natural remedies. Thank you.
I am suffering from pcod from the past four years. I have consulted many doctors but didnt worked for me. Because of pcod i am loosing my skin tone, hairs and gained too much of weight.
I am having periods which lasted for 3 days the previous month and now I have bled for 2 days. Is it normal. I hve gained weight. Am I pregnant?
What % of pregnant woman get period like bleeding or period for 4 months each monthly during pregnancy? Is it common or uncommon?
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
She is suffering from too much pain while every month of period time. So will be step to control the pain?
Hello! Hi. As per doctor's instruction we did an urine pregnancy test for my friend with sugar. Initially the sugar get settled down in 1st min. And within a period of 7-8 min it gets dissolved completely. What does it mean? I am askng dis to confirm pregnancy only not for diabetes.. Pls give proper guidance.
Me and my girlfriend was having some good time together. Suddenly I ejaculated. I didn't actually penetrated her. But her periods are turning to be late this month. We are tensed. Can you suggest some ways to prevent pregnancy. If in case.
I have delivered a baby now its 10 months. My periods started after 1 and half month of delivery. We did not have sex till now. But both are disturbed of this. What is the solution? I do not want to get pregnant again so early.
HELLO, I am asking this for my mom, she is having an issue in her uterus, the query is that will she get any future issues if she removes her uterus, she is having a fear of having heart attack. She has gastric issue she gets pain in her chest so she has this feeling that something may happen. Kindly let me know is this possible, or there is nothing to worry.
Does taking emergency contraceptive cause a missed period? For eg. I-pill, unwanted-72. What are the side effects nd causes?
Sleeping disorders or as some people calls it, insomnia, is the condition where a person loses his night sleep completely or is able to sleep only for few hours or minutes. They feel a sudden restlessness when they go to sleep, or they naturally do not get any good sleep. It is a known fact that sleep is a major necessity for any person since the hormone levels and other form of bodily activities are regulated only if the person gets a good night's sleep. The body needs some form of rest after a long day, that is, the normal breaks that a person takes is not sufficient enough to keep him or her healthy, but a proper sleep for atleast 6 to 8 hours is needed to keep oneself fit.
Forms of sleeping disorders:
Sleeping disorders can be of various types and they are not just only about the person's inability to fall asleep. Some common types of sleeping disorders are,
- Loss of sleep due to excessive snoring
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation
- Sleep walking
These are the very common forms of sleeping disorders that can be seen in a person. All the disorders have one thing in common. They generally make the person feel tired all day long, due to complete or partial loss of sleep. At times, the break in the sleeping pattern can also be brought by jet lag or an uncomfortable travelling schedule.
Sleeping disorders cannot be identified from the day one. The slow build up of symptoms are the only clue to the fact that one is suffering from this condition. Some of the very common symptoms that would help the person to identify the problem are:
- Loss of concentration during the day
- Falling asleep during the day and during work
- Irritable sensation all throughout the day
- Loss of patience during work
- Suddenly waking up in the middle of the night
Solution to the problem:
The homeopathic remedies involve the use of natural herbs and their extracts. All these are recommended by the doctors in prescribed dosages. Some of the commonly used homeopathic remedies are:
- Coffea: This particular herb is considered to be ideal for coping with sleeping disorders. This is more commonly suggested for people, who find it difficult to fall asleep due to over excitation, or else due to sudden mood swings.
- Chamomilla: People suffering from sleeplessness due to pain and irritation prefer this.
- Belladona: This herb is used in cases where the person has trouble falling asleep due to nightmares or headache.
Related Tip: "5 Great Things To Eat For People Suffering From Poor Sleep"