Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Devi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi DeviYour feedback matters!
How to know my wife is pregnant. She has periods at last week but she is always go to washroom and she has always pain at body.
My monthly cycle got over on 15th and I had sex on 20th. After about 3 days I hv been having cramps similar to periods pain. Does this mean I'm pregnant?
Vestibulodynia is a disorder in which women suffer from discomfort or pain in the vestibular area of the vagina, which comprises of the Bartholin's gland known for producing vaginal lubrication, the urethra from where you pass urine, and other minor vestibular glands known to produce vaginal discharge. Overgrowth or excessive sensitivity of the nerve fibers present there is considered to be the reason why women suffer from Vestibulodynia. The symptoms have a huge impact on the sufferer as simple acts, such as sitting down for prolonged periods or walking causes discomfort. This disorder usually affects women between 20 to 40 years of age.
- The symptoms of Vestibulodynia typically lasts for half or quarter a year. However, in some cases it may last for years, and a lifetime if untreated.
- Most women realize that they suffer from Vestibulodynia during their first sexual experience since the vestibular area is so hypersensitive that even the slightest touch during sexual intercourse, moving while in tight clothing as well as inserting tampons may cause some discomfort and pain.
The degree of pain experienced by women suffering from Vestibulodynia is variable. You may experience pain even after having had comfortable sexual relationships.
- Apart from overgrowth or hypersensitivity of the nerve fibers in that region, other possible causes are tendencies of pain problems or disorders, chronic yeast infections like thrush, injuring the vestibular area during surgery or childbirth and/or extreme sensitivity to irritants like panty liners and detergent etc.
- Sometimes, the pain is due to deeply rooted psychological issues, such as sexual trauma and other factors, such as birth or while moving house.
Vestibulodynia is sometimes mistaken for a type of skin diseases. However for the best treatment, you must consult a gynecologist who will treat your condition depending on your symptoms. Mentioned below a few ways to treat Vestibulodynia:
- Vaginal dilators, which are inserted into the vagina to relax the muscles present and gently stretch that area. Vestibulodynia also causes the pelvic floor muscles to tense up which can be overcome through vaginal dilators.
- Anesthetic Gels are water based gels, which have a small amount of local anesthesia and may numb the sensitive nerve fibers present there temporarily. Rub the gel over the tender areas, half an hour before indulging in sexual activities.
- You may even consume nerve fiber blocking tablets if you experience constant pain due to Vestibulodynia to tend to the sensitive nerve endings in your skin.
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
2. Healthy formation, development and growth
3. Harmonious function of different organs and mind
4. Resistance to diseases and evil thoughts
5. Virtuous thinking and helping the sick
Hi, 50 days back I have sex with my boyfriend. After that my periods are delayed 15 days and bleeding is more. Then is there any chance to get pregnant?
Me and my wife want sex without using any protections (condoms). We don't want baby now. So I request can you suggest me best medicine should I give her, that should not make her any health problem in future.
Please help me. I was trying to conceive for 3 months but it was not having even I was feeling like some measure indication of pregnancy but suddenly faced to period with severe abdominal cramp.
Homeopathy is a complementary system of healing that believes in ‘like cures like’. But can it cure infertility? Read on to know more about the role of homeopathy in infertility. Homeopathy uses the same principle of ‘like cures like’ to treat infertility as well.
In scientific terms, infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite having regular unprotected sex for one or more than one year . The cause for infertility can be either present in the male or female partner like low sperm counts in men or poor quality of sperm and hormonal disturbances, blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, fibroids etc. in women.
Homeopathy works in infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation in women
- Increasing sperm count and improving sperm mobility in men
- Removing emotional blockages
- Reducing stress
- Treating depression and anxiety
Homoeopathy is especially useful in curing infertility due to low sperm count and sperm motility. A homoeopath can identify the cause of your infertility by asking you specific questions related to your:
- Duration of trying to conceive
- Nicotine, alcohol, coffee or tea consumption
- Genital diseases including inflammation, surgery and trauma
- Any other conditions you may suffer from, including hereditary conditions
- Any active infection in the body
- Exposure to toxins such as chemicals, radiation, heat or noise
- Stress levels
Homoeopathic remedies for infertility
If you want a sure cure for infertility, visit a reputed homoeopath who will match the right medicine with your constitution and symptoms. However, we have a list of common remedies for the condition for your information:
- This is a very powerful uterine remedy
- It is very useful in cases where the woman miscarries repeatedly
- Useful in treating uterine prolapse
- Treats late and scanty periods, irregular periods, as well as early and profuse bleeding
- Treats irregular or absent ovulation
- Treats low sex drive in men
- Treats women who have recurrent miscarriages
- Treats inflammation of ovaries and uterus after an abortion
- Boosts the immune system and improves chances of conception
- Treats infertility caused by depression, feelings of self-hatred and worthlessness
- Treats high blood pressure
- Treats enlarged and prolapsed uterus
- Treats infertility due to uterine polyps
- Infertility due to anxiety and stress
- Treats infertility in males due to low sperm counts
- It helps in improving the quality of sperms
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.