Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi ChirumamillaYour feedback matters!
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
Hello Dr. Good morning. My wife is in 5th week of pregnancy now. She is a thyroid patient. Now her TSH is 4.96. And our gynecologist suggested for 75 mcg to 100 mcg of thyroxine. Can you please suggest me what is the minimum for pregnancy 1st trimester range. And is 100 mcg is enough to control the thyroid in pregnancy. Thank you in advance. Have a great day. Regards
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june. Kindly tell me why is it so. I guess it was a correct time when we had sex. But still got my periods. Is there still any chance of pregnancy in this time. Please inform. Thank you.
1) Exhaustion- Do you feel tired, exhausted all the time? Most women think that it?s because of their frantic life. But it could actually be because your tissues don?t get enough oxygen.
2) Heavy Periods- Heavier blood flow is one of the reasons behind iron deficiency. Women may loose too much of blood and might not be able to replace it faster. Periods should only fill two to three tablespoons each month.
3) Paleness- Have people been telling you that you look pale or sickly. Low levels of protein and iron can suck away colour from your skin.
4) Shortness of Breath- A flight of stairs seem like a mammoth of a task when you have less iron. If you easily get short of breath, it?s time you consult your doctor.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
The problem with my wife's vagina is odour. After foreplay some liquid comes out which smell very bad. Could you please tell me what is that and how to treat and what kind of infection is that? these days my penis is also smell like my wife's vagina. On my penis's glance something like a white past use to appear and it smell very bad. Please help. And these days my penis doesn't erect properly like before. I want my penis to be very strong and hard. But it is soft, I am worried about these things, please help me. Waiting for your response impatiently.
I am a 50 yrs old male. For 5 yrs I have itching on scrotum'skin. Tried number of ointments but yet to find the cure. I have used betnovate, betamil, momate etc. But only got temp relief. Scratching the skin initially gives pleasure but burning sensation later. Please suggest permanent cure. Thanks
I have intercourse before next period that is menstruation time is 12.8. 15. is it my wife got a pregnant.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.