Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi A SirajYour feedback matters!
An iron deficiency can mean that you aren’t able to produce enough oxygen-carrying red blood cells — therefore your body struggles to transport oxygen to your brain, tissues, muscles and cells, leaving you feeling exhausted and weak.
2. Muscle function
Iron is needed for muscle movement because it helps store the oxygen in muscles that allows them to move and strengthen. About 70 percent of your body’s iron can found in the red blood cells of your blood called hemoglobin along with muscle cells called myoglobin. It accepts, stores, transports and releases oxygen.
3. Brain function
The brain is very dependent on oxygen for proper function. If iron is not present, the brain does not receive the oxygen it needs, resulting in poor memory, decreased productivity and apathy. Children with iron deficiency tend to become irritable, restless and are unable to pay attention in class. These symptoms typically disappear once iron levels are restored.
Pregnant women should consume more iron-rich foods than anyone else since not only do they require iron, but they also need to meet the needs of the fetus and placenta. Pregnant women’s iron needs are around 27 milligrams daily, and this is often covered in a prenatal multivitamin.
According to the world health organization, iron deficiency during a pregnancy can increase the risk of maternal and infant mortality, premature birth, and low birthweight.
5. Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome is a condition characterized by uncomfortable feelings in your legs, giving you a strong urge to move them in order to find relief. Low iron levels are known to play a role in the occurrence of restless leg syndrome.
I got married 3months back am pregnant now of 56 days want to miscarried it. So I used misoprostol tablets 3 days back got bleeding, clots after using of tablets with in 30 min. Heavily for about 12 hrs After 12hrs bleeding is normal But today morning HCG test shows positive What to do next. What is my condition.
I am suffering from menstrual clots. Big clots. Whats the reason behind it? :(please tell me and what should I do.
I am 20 years old female, I had sex last night without protection. I am worried, Should I take I-pill? will it be useful and help me not to get pregnant?
My wife started taking oral contraceptive on 10today .we had sex after that each day but did not ejaculate in her vagina .will she get pregnant?
I am 21 years old and I m going to a water park in coming 2 day and I am sure I am going to get my mensuration in this 2 days suggest me ways 2 delay it.
I do sex with my wife 12 days ago without any protection some drops of my sperms was gone into her pussy now we afraid that she not want to be pregnant again so early because we have a 3 months baby she also dont have periods this month her last period is on 3 may 2015 what we have to do for ignore her pregnancy if she's pregnant we are not confirmed but the periods are not come still thats why we are afraid.
What is erythroblastosis fetalis?
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
HELLO Thank you so much for your reply On aug 28th 2015 (4 week preg) On sep 4th new guy missed me for sex On sep 11th (6 week) On oct 16th (11 weeks) On dec 18 (20weeks) Due date on may 1st week As per your reply I understood that once preg placed no new egg will form it will come n single act. Not after early preg confirmed. Thank you so please I can assume that my old preg progress now and 100my husbands dna? And what is my conception date if my preg 4 week on aug 28th 2015. And delivery date on may 1st week.
Now these days Laparoscopic surgery is commonly performed. Traditional surgeries / open abdominal surgeries are decreasing in number due to few inherent advantages of laparoscopic surgery over traditional / open abdominal surgeries:
- Smaller incisions: During open abdominal surgery, the usual length of incisions vary from 3 cm upto 18 cm, depending on the indication of surgery. Incisions given for laparoscopic surgery are small (usually 0.5 cm – 1.5cm).
- Lesser pain: After surgery, in post-operative period pain is minimal due to small incision size.
- Early Recovery: Lesser pain after surgery fastens the recovery process and faster return to everyday living.
- Lesser Pain Medication: Reduced pain after surgery amount to lesser medication for pain after surgery.
- Shorter hospital stays: Because of early ambulation and faster recovery average hospital stay remains 1 to 2 days for laparoscopic surgery (versus 5 to 7 days for open surgery).
- Lesser wound infection and hernia formation: Smaller incisions decrease the risk of wound infection and chances of hernia formation.
- Cosmetically acceptable: Smaller incisions result in less scarring and hence cosmetically acceptable scars.
- Reduced chances of Infections: There is reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants which reduces the risk of acquiring infections.
- Reduced hemorrhaging: The amount of blood loss is lesser during laparoscopic surgeries which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Less metabolic derangements: Medical literature supports the fact that there are lesser metabolic derangements after laparoscopic surgery compared to open abdominal surgery.
- Better postoperative pulmonary function: Pulmonary functions i.e. capacity to breath in and out is least affected after laparoscopic surgery which help in faster recovery from the procedure.
Due to obesity I have mensuration problem i.e irregular periods can I get a advice to regularize the periods.
I have together with my girl friend on 5th December, and it was unprotected, so after that she took an i-pill after 24 hours, and her previous menstrual cycle was started at 29th december. But still now menstrual cycle has not started, so is there any chance of pregnancy?
Radiology is a specialized branch of science concerned with the treatment and diagnosis of diseases through high energy radiation or X-rays. Interventional radiology also known as vascular radiology is a subspecialty of radiology. Interventional radiology involves the use of a variety of techniques for diagnosing or treating a particular disease. Some of these techniques are Ultrasound, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and X-ray among the others.
Radiology has several advantages. Six prime advantages of Radiology are mentioned below:
- Radiology and Interventional radiology are sometimes completely non-invasive or less invasive methods of diagnosis and treatment. These diagnostic and treatment procedures involve the use of digital imaging or photographic images and needle insertion.
- Radiology is a less expensive method of treatment as compared to other surgical or medicinal treatment procedures.
- Blood vessel diseases like narrowing of arteries, which obstructs smooth flow of the blood, hemorrhage, blood clots and vein blockage can be easily treated with the help of radiology.
- Radiology can effectively treat benign or malignant tumors. It destroys the tumor in situ (original position of growth) and also counters tumors that has spread to other parts of the body due to metastasis( the process through which cancer cells spread from its original position to the other organs of the body).
- The procedure of radiology can also be used for inserting feeding tube into a patient's body or for the purpose of draining out fluids from the abdominal region or chest.
- Radiology is considered to be a popular treatment for treating different stone diseases such as kidney stones or gallstones.
All radiological procedures are conducted by or under the supervision of experienced specialists known as Radiologists.