Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi A SirajYour feedback matters!
my periods this time are very problematic it was actually due but not coming fully I m facing this problem since last three days some time some blood comes in my urine also it is blood clot type and then for next 10 hrs nothing and then again the same problem I am 28 post delivery lady with 8 months old baby. I m feeling very irritated. Please help what to do.
5 uncommon ways to live longer
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan.
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan. Here are 5 tips to help:
Alcohol: Scientific studies showed that moderate drinking is linked to low mortality rate, while a lack of alcohol totally raises a person’s risk of dying. The study also showed that mortality rates among people who don’t drink alcohol are actually higher than those of hardcore alcoholics. However, moderation and red wine are important.
Sex: Scientific Study has shown that sexual activity has a “protective effect” on health. Though the study features additional evidence to support the idea that women benefit from more frequent encounters, also. The study further shows that men who achieve frequent orgasms can raise life expectancy by 3-8 years and lower mortality risk by about 50 percent.
Shopping: A study discovered that shopping regularly decreases mortality rates for men and women. This doesn’t mean you should spend carelessly. The benefits of shopping have to do with walking and socialising
Laughter: Norwegian scientists have disclosed that those who inject humor into their lives can increase their lifespans by as much as 8 years. Moderate laughter aids in keeping blood vessels elastic. Hysterical laughter can over-exert the body’s organs, which can accelerate certain health conditions or biological defects.
Love the curve: women with larger hips, bottoms and thighs have a lower risk for heart and metabolic diseases. Apparently, when fat lives in the hips and derriere, it helps absorb fatty acids that can lead to the arteries being clogged
I am a 19 year old girl and I very often feel dizzy, weak and sluggish. My periods are highly irregular and I experience heavy bleeding. In the past I have been diagnosed with Anemia. I need to know what to do to improve my iron absorption.
Hi I had gone through unprotected Dear Doctor Please let me know ELFA negative result after 9 months considered as conclusive I had unprotected sex with an lady 09 months before without condom. I have gone through several HIV tests like ELISA, ELFA and CIMA in 09 months from the date of risky exposure all results says negative.In fact I checked the blood of the lady also in ELFA method that result also negative Is there anything to worry or not.
I am 26 year female. My last period date was oct 7 2016. That month I have sex with only one day the date was 29 oct 2016. Can I get pregnant or not?
- Get investigated only as per written doctor's advice
- Do consult again for interpretation and clinical significance
- Take full course of medicines
- Get adult vaccinations as per recommendation
- Increase physical activity
- Eat only home made nutritious diet
- Take 2-3 glass full of home made liquids every 2-3hrs
- Remain enthusiastic to pursue your professional life
Sir/madam, If one drop of semen is dropped in our finger then that finger is inserted into vagina there is possibility of getting pregnant?
Sir; m married recently and we don't wanna child for 2 years. My wife is not happy to use condoms so pls suggest any other medicine so that we can avoid child now.
I am 20 year old girl and since a month I hav pain in my lower abdomen. My periods also came for two day which is not usual. How is it related and what is to be done?
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- Take a Bath: Of course, no one would feel like getting intimate if you smell bad or you are completely wet with your sweat. So it’s suggested that you take a shower and feel fresh before you get going for a sexual quickie. With this feeling of freshness, you would feel more aroused and can perform the sexual act with better energy.
- Clean Up: Couples always want to enjoy oral sex as a foreplay act or during the sexual stint but if you have not washed your sexual organs properly, your partner could get put off and reluctant to give you the oral pleasure. Also, you must wash off your sexual organs properly before and after having sex for your own personal health.
- Get Rid of Brittle Hair: While enjoying sexual acts, one tends to touch their partner all over their body and if they are too hairy on certain parts, it may put your partner off. So make sure you have shaved off brittle hair or at least trim them neatly, so that your mate can enjoy to the fullest and give you maximum pleasure. Also, the body hair can make you look unkempt and can even come in way of your sexual pleasure and make it uneasy for you and your partner to enjoy.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: You would often feel tempted to love your partner anywhere and at any point of time. But you must ensure that your hands and especially your nails are not dirty, as it may irritate your partner. The dirt tends to carry various germs, dust etc, which your partner would not appreciate when you touch them. So it’s not a great thing to start foreplay right after eating something or when you have come from outside. Always wash your hands, so that your partner feels nice when you softly touch them on cheeks, lips and other parts of the body.
- Breath Fresh Air: If your mouth is stinking due to something that you ate before having sex, it can create a state of discomfort for the other partner while kissing. So always brush you teeth after a meal and before you get into the bed. You can also get rid of this smell either by chewing a mint gum or by taking some mouth freshener that makes you breath fresh and pleasant.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. So enjoy sex sans any discomfort! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 46 years old suddenly my menstrual cycle stopped this month. I have also tested pregtest, came negative. Is this due to menopause.
I'm suffering from pcod a long time with weight gain and constipation please suggested me what I'm do.
My friend is having a girl child and recently he was about to have a another baby, he was a boy. But unfortunately boy couldn't make it, he died in foetus. Can this be considered as a problem that boy can not sustain life and only girls can. What should be done in this case.
I get married July 9th in the year of 2016. We tried for baby till now but my wife not pregnant I want suggestions.
I am trying to conceive baby but don't know where its going wrong even my periods are sometimes irregular I need to conceive fast I want baby can you please help me.
When you were born you saw the world upside down for quite some time as your brain hadn’t developed the ability to flip the images right-side up. One of the causes may be that you spent all of your waking and sleeping hours lying on your back.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Hello doc. I am 31 years old married for 9 yrs. I have fear in my mind about having sex. I feel pain in my vagina. My doc suggested me a minor surgery. She said they will do a Minor cut on my vaginal opening just to widen it. So that I would not feel problem while having sex. Pls tell me is this OK to have it? She ensured me that I would not have any problem. It needs only a day rest. Pls guide me.
Just as baby’s body develops when they are in their mother’s womb, so does the baby’s mind. According to Ayurveda, a baby’s personality and behaviour begins to develop inside the womb almost as soon as he or she is conceived. Thus, in the same way as a mother takes vitamin and mineral supplements to nourish her baby’s body, attention also needs to be paid to nourishing and developing the baby’s cognitive abilities. This is known as Garbhsanskar in Ayurveda.
Garbh Sanskar derives its origins from the Sanskrit word ‘Garbh’ meaning foetus in the womb and ‘sanskar’ or education of the mind. In order to help your baby develop a healthy mind, garbhsanskar suggests a way of life and practises that parents expecting a child should follow. This is because, it is believed that an unborn baby can understand sounds, emotions, thoughts and feelings being experienced by the mother. Thus mothers are advised to stay positive always and keep away from negative influences.
Make time for hobbies and other interests that make you happy.
Reading a book is an excellent activity for pregnant women. It not only keeps your mind occupied but according to Ayurveda, the information gained by reading also seeps into the baby’s mind. It is perhaps for this reason that mythological stories and scriptures are highly recommended to expecting mothers.
Though reading the newspaper is a good habit to inculcate, skipping the morning paper when you are pregnant is not a bad idea since most of the news contained has violent references. If you like watching movies, pick comedies and movies with a happy ending that raises your spirits.
Music also plays an important role in your baby’s cognitive development. According to Garbhsanskar in Ayurveda listening to soft, soothing music can keep both the mother and the baby calm. This also aids in the development of the baby’s sense of hearing and stimulates the development of neural connections in the brain. There are a number of shlokas and ragas that have proven to be beneficial for expecting mothers and their foetuses. Alternatively, you could listen to soft instrumental music like that created by a flute, sitar or violin.
Meditation is another key aspect of garbhsanskar. This helps calm a mother and eases mood swings while giving her and her baby peace of mind. The aim of meditation is to achieve a zen state of mind where the mind is not affected by external distractions and can focus on visualising the baby. By doing this, a mother can connect with her baby and form a deeper bond with the growing foetus. Communicating with the baby by talking to them or caressing your belly is also known as Garbha sanwaad. This contributes to the physical and mental development of the baby and stimulates their senses.
Thus, do not wait for your baby to be born to start connecting with them. The day you learn of the good news is the day you and your baby can start developing your unique bond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.