Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi A SirajYour feedback matters!
Hello. I'm 21 years old female and I have a 30-34 days period cycle and a 3 day period. The last time I got my period on 10th July. I was sexually active on 21st July and had had a contraceptive pill on 23rd July. I'm not feeling or experiencing any side effects. Can any doctor please tell me when should I expect my next period ?
Am deepa. Am 28 weeks pregnant. I can't sleep during night time. I use to change my position frequently during time? Sometime I won't get up and change positions. I just roll and sometimes while am wake I was sleeping straight? It affects my baby? How to change the position while sleeping?
My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from pcos problem. After trying allopathic and homeopathic medicine for one year we could not be able to get child. Now my wife's periods is normal and she stopped the medicine last five months. Please suggest me any treatment so that my wife get pregnant.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
How much time we can wait? In 9 month baby head is still floating and no symbol of labour pain. On 15-07-2016 nine month completed.
Hi doctor I have married 5 days ago. When I had sex with my wife, she had very severe pain in her abdomen and she is crying. Now 5 days has over and still have pain. What happened to her.
I had mild pain in near my lower ribs with a little pain while breathing. Doctor prescribed for a endoscopy and ultra sound. Both tests were normal but ultra sound detected a cyst in left ovary. Is it dangerous. Secondly is there a remedy to it.
1. Metabolic syndrome — a combination of increased blood pressure, elevated blood glucose and triglycerides — has a greater impact on women than men.
2. Mental stress and depression affect women's hearts more than they do men's.
3. Smoking is much worse for women than men.
4. A low level of estrogen before menopause is a significant risk factor for developing microvascular disease.
5. Though women will often have some chest pain or discomfort, it may not be the most prominent symptom. Diffuse plaques build-up and diseased smaller arteries are two reasons why symptoms can be different in women.
6. In addition to chest pain, pressure or discomfort, signs and symptoms of heart attack in women include: Neck, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort, Shortness of breath, Nausea or vomiting, Sweating, Light-headedness or dizziness and unusual fatigue.
7. Endothelial dysfunction is more common in women. In this the lining of the artery does not expand (dilate) properly to boost blood flow during activity, which increases the risk of coronary artery spasm and sudden death.
8. WISE study results suggest that the commonly used treatments for coronary artery disease — angioplasty and stenting — are not the best option for women with more diffuse plaques.
9. Typical tests for coronary artery disease — angiogram, treadmill testing and others — are not reliable in women.
10. The WISE study showed that in some women, plaques accumulate as an evenly spread layer along artery walls, which is not visible using traditional testing methods.
I had miscarriage in last year after that I am unable to conceive. From last six months my thyroid t3, t4 is normal but tsh is 7.47. Even my menstruation cycle is not regular & I have lot of pain in my lower legs. Specially I feel in the night or early in morning when I wakeup. & little bit on knees also when I sit on Indian commode. Please suggest homeopathy medicine of thyroid and lower leg pain.
I have irregular periods from menarche. Der is interval of 4 to 5 months in a cycle. My weight ws 60 kgs 2 years back but suddenly I gained weight. Now it is 85kgs constant from 2 yrs. Aftr exercise from 1 yr. I showed doctor c told I hv mild hirsutism n no features of acne. N prescribed deviry tablets fr 5 days. What should I do more. I gt tested regarding this.
As many doctors suggest to Albandazole during pregnancy, then what medicine should be used to treat infection. My wife (24 years) is 7 months pregnant. She is feeling itchiness and smelling in her vagina also having small amount of yellow water discharge which creating infection (may be yeast infection). Kindly suggest medicine and treatment for this infection.
Can i conceive early because i am getting small amount of milk from nipples. I got married 2 years back and now i am 24 years old, I had my last period on feb 12. Please suggest.
Meri marriage ko 2 year ho gye h. Me baby concive nhi kr pa rhi hu. Mujhe thyroid problem bhi hai. Mujhe ye janna h ki kya thyride ke karn ye problem mujhe ho rhi h ya koi or reason h. Please tell me whats the problem actully?
Hi First baby aborted, And then secondly got pregnant after six months But while scanning doctor said the baby is not growing doctor advices for d&c. Is that possible to born a baby now what to do now suggest now.
My Gf is pregnant. Please let me know what help you can do in this. We are looking for some safe ways.
The transition from being a woman to motherhood is a beautiful journey that remains memorable for a lifetime, for the mother as well as those around her who care for her and love her. There may be times when the health conditions and the pregnancy related discomfort may leave a bad taste, but it is also taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten as soon as the baby arrives. Whatever, may happen to the mother, but she would always try to make sure that the baby is safe and healthy when he arrives in this world. She always wishes that her child grows into a healthy toddler and a well developed adult.
While we may practice all sorts of care and caution in the course of a pregnancy, there are times when the body systems fail to function regularly, which is when the real problems arise. One of the most common, yet risky problems that usually appears or aggravates during pregnancy is the problem of glucose. A lot of women experience the problem of diabetes during pregnancy because their blood sugar goes extremely high with the changes in the lifestyle, dietary and hormonal conditions. In cases of women who may be patients of diabetes before pregnancy, they may experience increased blood sugar levels and may need to go on extra medication to keep their condition under control.
The types and effects of diabetes:
There are majorly two types of diabetes which is pre-existing and gestation induced. In the case of the pre-existing condition, the woman may already be suffering from diabetes before she conceived and in the gestational diabetes, the woman may have developed the condition after getting pregnant and may be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy is over. While it may be common in pregnant woman to develop high blood sugar, there are a number of things that could go wrong:
- Pregnant women with diabetes may find it difficult to go in for a natural labour and may have to opt for induced labour or even a caesarean delivery.
- It is also possible that women who already suffer from diabetes before pregnancy are more likely to carry a baby that is larger than regular babies.
- Developing diabetes may open up the doors for a lot of other disorders and diseases in the women such as problem with vision or disorders of the body organs such as kidneys.
- The foetus that develops in the womb may also be exposed to health issues and lack of development in the organs.
- If the baby is born fairly healthy, it may end up developing diseases after birth or even in adult life, which may be due to the diabetes in the mother at the time of the pregnancy.
- In extreme cases, the woman may undergo a miscarriage or the baby may be a still born.
In order to, be able to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it may be essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist is chosen for regular checks and the meeting schedules with the doctor are followed religiously to rule out the possibility of unhealthy consequences.