Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. L Vijay GandhiYour feedback matters!
Age: 28yrs, female, unmarried Doctor, i'm stating my problems. Please see if they suggest of Blood cancer. I doubt as per my symptoms, health progression since childhood and reports. Symptoms: 1) Too much of fatigue (last 7yrs) 2) Continous weight loss since last 4yrs. 3) No energy after eating anything, rather sleepiness 4) No weight gain, Puffy eyes since 15yrs (earlier just 36kgs, now reduced to 30kg) 5) continuously semi solid, sticky stools since 7yrs. 6) Whole body itching, whole back ache, bones and joints also pain. 7) Leucohrea, vaginal itching. 8) something feels swollen inside nose, can't breathe properly. 9) fast heart rate, even at rest. 10) Weak since childhood. 11) No improvement from any treatment of any sort: Natural, homeopathic, allopathic, therapies etc. I have reports. They are from 2009-2015. Lymphocytes always come increased. I also have many other tests done. If reports reqd, please mention.
Is smoking the only reason for any type of cancer. Does cancer happens due to deficiency of vitamin B17. What precautions should one take to avoid cancer.
Every test was done ct scan chest x ray pet biopsy blood test endoscopy everything is. Normal but scan report showing t4 n2 MX carcinoma buckled muccas oral cancer Doctors say he do not do surgery surgery was not possible radiation only they say 16 radiation sitting after they decided whats its meaning how is life span any side effects its curable its moderly differentiated carcinoma please help me sir /madam I want my dad live more longer.
Uterine cancer is often treated with a combination of treatments. The recommendation of treatment option depends on the factors such as stage and type of cancer, age, the overall health of the patient, side effects, personal preference etc. Another important consideration that goes before taking a call on the treatment option includes the research on the patient’s ability to bear a child in future. But, overall, the treatment plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy etc.
Surgery is often the first step towards removing the tumor and a few healthy tissues around it. Some of the common surgical procedure include hysterectomy, lymph node dissection, and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Hysterectomy: The extent of the cancer spread decides the type of procedure a surgeon can perform. Hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix and the uterus. For patients whose cancer has spread significantly, a surgeon performs a radical hysterectomy- removal of the vagina, cervix, uterus and some healthy tissues from the nearby region. For patients who have had menopause in their health history, doctors choose to perform a procedure known as the salpingo-oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tube.
- Lymph node dissection: This is quite similar to hysterectomy. The surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread beyond the uterus.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: This is another process to determine whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and the surrounding areas. This procedure is effective in determining other cancers type as well such as cancer-related to the breasts.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a kind of therapy that involves the use of high-energy rays that could destroy cancer cells. Radiation is given at a fixed dosage over a limited number of days. This method of treatment is typically used in addition to a surgery. In most cases, a surgery followed by radiation therapy helps a patient to fight cancer more effectively. Many oncologists might also want a patient to take radiation therapy to shrink the size of a tumor before going for a surgery. The most common radiation therapy is external beam radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy: This procedure involves the use of powerful drugs to destroy cancer cells. There are claims that it effectively reduces the ability of the cancer cells to grow and spread. Chemotherapy is usually suggested after a surgery or can be individually applied to a cancer patient. Chemotherapy can be applied in orally or in the form of IV. The period of chemotherapy like radiotherapy is applicable for a specified amount of cycle over a limited number of days. This form of treatment is most preferred when cancer recurs in a patient after a considerable amount of time. They are equally effective in uterine cancer as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.