Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. L. Radhakrishna MurthyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy provides answers that are caring. Sahi bt h sir jo bhi apne bola sahi h aur m apki bt manuga apne bht accha suggestion diya h thank uu
Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy provides answers that are inspiring. very very tnx i try my best but sometimes it will be happen
Veenu Sharma Kaushik
I found the answers provided by the Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy to be very helpful. Thank u. I am 39
Nihal Singh Thakur
I found the answers provided by the Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy to be well-reasoned. thanks sir
Baharul Islam Laskar
Dr. L. Radhakrishna Murthy provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u sir..
Who is not stressed? And who doesn’t want to be stress-free? Stress is good when you are suddenly faced with danger and the body primes itself by releasing stress hormones like Cortisol for the fight and flight response. But when you get stressed a million times for nothing in a mere 24 hours, you are harming yourself in more ways than one. The consequences of excess stress are deleterious on numerous systems in the body like:
- Digestive system and metabolic function which controls body weight
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
Excess stress can also impact our mental and emotional states and consequently our relationships. What’s more alarming is that even though stress is a contributing factor in a variety of ailments, its influence is easily overlooked. This means that you must seek help to even eliminate occasional nagging stress before it wears you down completely.
Ayurveda offers an abundance of building, nourishing qualities through our diets, our lifestyle, and our daily practices for reducing the ravages of stress on your body. These are some of the things Ayurveda prescribes for dulling stress
- Slowing down: Since stress hormones wear your body and vital systems down, slowing down to rest, recoup and rejuvenate is the best antidote to stress. Make sure to eliminate as many stressors from your life to cut down on impact of the cortisol bolt. Choosing to prioritize things like adequate rest and taking long slow walks, also help in slaying stress.
- Taking a bath: A bath, especially a warm one, relaxes the nervous system, releases tension, and helps to quiet the mind. You can add Epsom salts, essential oils like Lavender to calm, cleanse and relax your body-mind. 1/3 cup ginger powder and ? cup baking soda added to the water increases healing. The ginger- baking soda combination encourages circulation, sweating, and detoxification, and is also quite soothing.
- Practising oil pulling: Gargling with warm sesame or coconut oil helps to remove tension from the jaw and removes natural toxins from the teeth, and gums. Just sip a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and swish it inside your mouth for up to twenty minutes. Spit out and rinse with warm water.
- Doing Abhyanga- Ayurvedic oil massage: This ancient practice of self-massage with nourishing oils like sesame oil, calms the nervous system, lubricates and rejuvenates the muscles, and promotes healthy circulation. In addition, the oil also forms a protective sheath around the body that can help buffer your nervous system against stress. All you have to do is to massage in ¼–½ cup warm oil into your skin before a shower.
- Practicing Nasya: Nasya is the Ayurvedic practice of applying medicated oil to the nasal passages. This reduces stress, soothes and promotes unobstructed breathing. It also ups mental clarity.
- Massaging your feet before sleeping: Before turning in apply some warm oils like Sesame, Brahmi or Bhringraj to ground your energy and soothe your nervous system. This also promotes sound sleep. If you sleep well, your stress levels will automatically come down.
Apart from all the above, meditation, physical exercise, good diet, reading spiritual books, spending time with good friends and kids, spiritual tour programs, etc. wil definitely help you relieve stress. Medicines are not advisable until unless the situation demands.
If you are suffering from nervous diseases, you can choose the Dashamoola Ksheera Dhara therapy as an ideal treatment method. Ksheera Dhara treatment involves the flow of herbal milk in place of oil over your head and body. It is similar to Shirodhara in some ways, but is different as Ksheera Dhara has cooling effects on the body. This therapy is most suitable to be undertaken during the summer and when the weather conditions demand a cooling, relaxing effect on the body. This therapy is indicated when you are suffering from health conditions such as intense stress, and hair and skin problems.
In this process, milk is poured continuously on the forehead and on the body, which cools down the entire system from inside. Ksheera Dhara treatment is very effective in the treatment of headaches, mental irritability and insomnia. The pouring of medicated milk on your body leads to the stimulation of the hypothalamus. It also gets soothed and hence, the functions of the pituitary gland are regulated along with induced sleep. The milk is made to flow at a slow rate over the forehead for a certain duration, specially over the glabellar region along with a mild, stimulating massage. A small cloth is usually tied around your head, above the eyebrows. For the Ksheera Dhara treatment, a traditional bronze vessel known as the “kindi” is used. As the treatment is based on milk, it is referred to as milk treatment.
The Ksheera Dhara therapy relaxes the entire nervous system. This leads to mental calmness and reduction of stress to a great extent. The milk acts as a moisturizing agent and makes your skin healthy and glowing. It is also beneficial for eliminating fatigue, restoring vitality, improving your memory and for establishing dosha equilibrium.
In addition to all these, this therapy also helps in lubrication of the joints, relieving pain, stiffness of muscles and joints, and easing of spasms. It is proven to have benefits in the treatment of several cases of arthritis. Ksheera Dhara is also beneficial in several neurological conditions, in which a burning sensation and numbness are experienced. The entire body gets nourished and rejuvenated as a result of this Ayurvedic therapy.
If you are a healthy person, you can still undertake Ksheera Dhara therapy. Usually the treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes per session. It is carried out in a course such as 7 days, 14 days or according to the instructions of your Ayurvedic physician
Hello Doctor, I have a small hole in ear drum. Frequently (once in a year) it is getting infections and starting phase. After taking treatment in ENT Clinic few days it will stop and again it will start this the 3rd time I am taking treatment now. So I want permanent solution. Can you guide me Doctor please.
I am suffering from disc bulging problem in L4- L5 and L5- S1 in the spinal cord and osteoporosis. I have been advised bed rest by the doctor. But since I am an advocate and inspite of taking rest ,I have to go to High Court for some due to which my pain in the back and in the right leg has increased. Advice me for some other alternative treatment for curing my problem.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic remedies for arthritis, you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment. Arthritis is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disease causing damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee gets commonly affected. There are three primary types of arthritis, which occur in your knees. Ayurveda is ideal for arthritis treatment, and there are several Ayurvedic remedies that you can opt for .
ARTHRITIS as classified by modern medicine.Osteoarthritis and Rheumatic arthritis. In O.A. vatha hara dhathu vardhaka aahara vihara oushadhas Play important role. In R.A. dipana pachana amadosha hara vatha hara treatment is recommended. For both pancha karma treatment is of immense value.
Arthritis is very common but is not well understood. Actually, “arthritis” is not a single disease; it is an informal way of referring to joint pain or joint disease. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions. People of all ages, sexes and races can and do have arthritis, and it is the leading cause of disability in America. More than 50 million adults and 300,000 children have some type of arthritis. It is most common among women and occurs more frequently as people get older.
Common arthritis joint symptoms include swelling, pain, stiffness and decreased range of motion. Symptoms may come and go. They can be mild, moderate or severe. They may stay about the same for years, but may progress or get worse over time. Severe arthritis can result in chronic pain, inability to do daily activities and make it difficult to walk or climb stairs. Arthritis can cause permanent joint changes. These changes may be visible, such as knobby finger joints, but often the damage can only be seen on X-ray. Some types of arthritis also affect the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys and skin as well as the joints.
How does ayurveda approach arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vatadosha (air). The body produces ama a toxin that is released as a by product of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis aims at balancing and stabilising the Vata component of your body. This is done by strengthening your alimentary canal and metabolic pathway. This makes sure that your circulatory channels do not get blocked by impurities, and are functioning properly. You need to drink a lot of water in order to detoxify your body. There are several Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis treatment as well, which help in improving your motion range.
You should start your day with a big glass of lukewarm water every day with Home Remedy ie. 100gm fried Methi (fenugreek) + 100gm Haldi + 10gm Piparamul Make it mixer. Take 1 Teaspoon every day morning & Evening
You should opt for fenugreek which is an ideal natural inhibitor of aama and corrects your Vata dosha. This natural arthritis remedy can be taken in various ways. You can take these seeds in your food. You can also grind them, mix mustard oil to it, and apply the mixture to your joints. This provides warmth and relief to your joints.
You can opt for an Ayurvedic hot oil massage of your joints. This is effective, especially during the winter. You can use ITIS OIL + castor oil + sesame seed oil for massaging your arthritis affected joints. Do not apply pressure while massaging your joints as applying pressure goes against the principles of Ayurveda.
It is recommended for you to meditate regularly for relieving stress and coping with anxiety. These factors are responsible for the development of ama in your body. Regular meditation makes your body relaxed and calm. You should practice yoga as it involves several breathing exercises which help in initiating you into meditation. Having effective control over your breath, your meditation will be more effective.
Take one teaspoon castor oil with one cup warm water once in a week.
It is important for you to sleep early and wake up early. The disruption of your sleep cycle causes aggravation of all your doshas and causes stress and fear. A healthy sleep cycle helps you in keeping away from obesity. This improves the health of your load bearing joints, as the chances of them getting extra load because of obesity are prevented.If you are looking for Ayurvedic remedies for arthritis, it is important for you to consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner. He will be able to prescribe you Ayurvedic remedies which suit your symptoms and stage of arthritis.
You start Unique Ayurvedic Panchkarma Treatment like abhyangam, Swedanam, Podikizi, and janu Basti along with basti treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My father has only one kidney. Of late his creatinine increased to 12. On showing doctor said that there was a ureteral block (no stone) and put a stent. His creatinine has come down to 3 after two days of stent. Is the stent permanent? What should be our next step?
She feels overweight, thus normal walking is not comfortable for her. Get tired soon. She is diabetic and taking allopathic medicine, like metformin 500.Please suggest for gaining strength.
I hv fatty liver 178 enlargement .I had already unani medicine it's tonic 400 ml I already consumed but I am not satisfied so I want to go for homeopathic please advice me what to do I am gaining weight even not eating too much oil n rice.
Seldom you will come across a person who is satisfied with their body weight. While some people try everything under the sun to lose the extra and unwanted kilos, other pray for some healthy weight gain. There can be a plethora of factors responsible for the weight gain (unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, overeating, or medical condition such as Hypothyroidism) and the weight loss (chronic illness, depression, parasitic or viral infections, to name a few). However, leaving the condition attended for too long will further complicate things.
Ayurveda for effective weight loss
- As per Ayurveda, one of the underlying factors that result in excess body weight or obesity is an elevation of the Kapha Dosha and vice versa (obesity can also trigger a vitiation or an increase in the Kapha in the body).
- Thus, to treat obesity and to facilitate a healthy weight loss, it is necessary to balance and pacify the Kapha.
- Yoga and exercise, without any doubt, contribute significantly to the weight loss.
- Be it the Surya Namaskar or Anulom Vilom, the yogas or pranayamas are powerful and helps to relax and calm the body (physical as well as mental). It also contributes significantly towards the detoxification process to ensure the body is free of the harmful Ama.
- According to Ayurveda, the digestive capacity of the body is the most powerful in the period between 11am-2pm. Thus, Ayurveda suggests that the lunch should be your main meal
- The dinner, on the other hand, should be light and preferably between 6pm-7pm.
- Munching on snacks in between should, however, be avoided.
- The diet should help to pacify the Kapha. Opt for light and warm foods.
- Enrich the diet with foods such as asparagus, onion, carrots, celery, broccoli, spinach, winter squash, wheat bran, rice, quinoa, apples, pomegranate, cherry, berries, pears, figs, to name a few.
- Keep the body hydrated and maintain a healthy sleep cycle.
Ayurveda for weight gain
- Severe weight loss (underweight) is triggered by disorders that affect the Vata Dosha.
- Pacifying the Vata Dosha can work wonders for a healthy weight gain.
- The Ayurvedic approach includes switching over to a Vata pacifying diet along with exercise, yoga, meditation, healthy lifestyle practices, and a body detoxification.
- If you want to gain weight, proper rest, a sound sleep (6-8 hours daily) and minimizing the physical, mental and emotional stress are a must.
- A 15 minutes yoga, especially the Nadi Shodhana is known to have a soothing effect on the Vata Dosha. Practice the yoga daily without fail.
- 3 meals a day is also recommended for weight gain.
- The diet should contain ghee and a variety of oils (olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil).
- Warm, smooth, and oily foods are highly beneficial. Include berries, avocados, pistachios, dates, peach, banana, apples, beets, avocados, garlic, cilantro, pumpkin, onion, and carrots (cooked), wheat, rice, quinoa, oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, cheese, butter, buttermilk, yogurt, eggs, fish (salmon, tuna, sardines), meat (chicken, turkey, duck, beef).
- Ayurveda suggests that the body should be well hydrated.
Apart from all above, taking Luke warm water regularly is always advisable in weight reduction. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!