Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kv Jagannath Rao Naidu
Submit a review for Dr. Kv Jagannath Rao NaiduYour feedback matters!
HI My wife suffering from Breathing problem,its not constant some times she faces this problem,what to do?
My mother aged 65 years suffering from colon cancer and in III stage. Treatment started with radio and chemotherapy and completed 26 strikes. For the past 7 days she is suffering with diarrhea and passing motion almost every half an hour. She had loose motion with small quantity and developed hemorrhoids (skin tag comes out in anal). She is suffering with severe pain in anal area that sustain throughout the day. She is using capecitabine 500 mg - 3 tabs twice daily. Now she is suffering from suffocation since today afternoon particularly when lay down. Looking for you are advise and help.
What is cancer? What are the symptoms of cancer.? How one should prevent from cancer? What are the food that help to prevent from cancer?
I'm 30 years old female. I have been experiencing pain in chest which then radiate to shoulders and arms. Mostly the pain radiates to right shoulder and arm. I have also located many painful nodules through out my body and mainly in both of my arms and breasts. I too experience a high heart rate with severe pain in left shoulder radiating towards left palm. I have consulted many doctors regarding my health issues. Some neurologist prescribed gabapentin for the chest and body pain and other general medicine doctor prescribed tramadol. The nodules were examined and they said it as FBD for breast nodules and lipofibrills for nodules present in arms. I have going through this pain for a long period, long as 5 years. Initially CT scans and MRI of my chest was done which were found perfectly normal. Another doctor said that my tonsils might have grown a bit and putting pressure on my spine. And that's why I might feel pain in my back. Now I'm confused as I have no idea what I'm suffering from and this pain is making me unfit for my day to day job. Could you please at least diagnose what I might be suffering from and which particular doctor I should consult.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of getting this disease:
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range (bmi - 18-25)
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer. Also discuss the need to getting genetic testing.
Breast cancer can also be detected early. Remember these three simple tips:
1. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
2. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
3. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
Prostate cancer is a cancerous tumor in a man’s prostate gland, a small gland that is responsible for producing the seminal fluid which transports and nourishes the sperm. It is a very common type of cancer among men. A few cases of prostate cancer tend to develop slowly while others may progress very fast.
In the initial stages, prostate cancer may not show any symptom. However, in the latter stages, there may be symptoms such as:
Pain in the bones.
Urination can get troublesome.
Presence of blood in the semen.
Pain and discomfort in the pelvic region.
The exact causes of prostate cancer are not known. It starts to develop when certain cells in the prostate gland start to mutate. These mutations cause these cells to multiply at a very fast rate and thus, soon form tumors. Although the causes are not known, certain factors tend to aggravate this condition; them being:
Color: According to certain medical reports, a darker skin may mean increased chances of suffering from prostate cancer.
Age: The risk of developing prostate cancer tends to increase with age.
Genetics and Family History: Faulty genes could be another cause of this condition. Also, having some member in the family who is diagnosed with this type of cancer only increases the risks of you suffering from them.
Obesity: If you are obese, then you are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
The treatments for prostate cancer include:
Radiation Therapy: In this procedure, high energy rays are used to target and destroy cancer cells. Usually X-rays or protons are used to treat the cancer cells.
Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is a type of treatment wherein certain medications are administered to prevent your body from producing testosterone.
Surgery: If the other treatment methods do not produce desired results, then a surgery is carried out for the removal of the prostate gland. In addition to the prostate gland, some adjoining lymph nodes and tissues are also removed.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is method of destroying cancer cells by injecting chemicals into the body. The medicines are injected into the veins in the arms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife feels pain in her right side breast in shoulder side. Please suggest & help as she is very worried.
The big ‘C’ or cancer is the most dreaded disease, but in most types of cancer, an early diagnosis can stop the progression of the disease and cure it. Mouth cancer or oral cancer is one such type of cancer that can be treated and cured is diagnosed in its early stage.
This type of cancer can affect any part of the mouth including the lips, tongue, throat, salivary glands, sinuses, larynx and pharynx. Some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Velvety red, white or speckled lesions on any part of the mouth
- Lumps or patches in and around the mouth and throat
- Sores that do not heal within 2 weeks and bleed easily
- Swelling of the lips or gums
- Pain and tenderness in the mouth
- Numbness in any part of the mouth, face or neck
- Difficulty moving the tongue or jaw that affects chewing, swallowing or speaking
- Loose teeth
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Prolonged soreness or hoarseness of the throat
- The feeling of something being stuck in your throat
- Pain in one ear without any loss of hearing
- Drastic weight loss
Some people have a higher risk of suffering from mouth cancer than others. Some of these risk factors are:
- Men have twice the risk of developing oral cancer as compared to women.
- Men above the age of 50 are at the highest risk
- Cigarette, cigar or pipe smokers have a higher risk of developing oral cancer than nonsmokers
- Chewing tobacco products and other such smokeless tobacco can also increase the risk of oral cancer
- Excessive alcohol consumption makes a person more vulnerable to this disease
- Family history of cancer
- Excessive exposure to UV radiation from the sun at an early age
- Certain strains of Human papillomavirus (HPV).
Visiting a dentist regularly can dramatically reduce your chances of suffering from mouth cancer. Ideally, an oral cancer screening should be performed once every 3 years up to the age of 40 and annually from there on. This is because a dentist will be able to examine your mouth and see parts that you cannot see easily. In case he suspects oral cancer, a biopsy may be needed to further confirm the diagnosis.
Further tests such as blood tests, X-ray and scans may also be needed. The smaller the ulcer, the easier it is to cure. Oral cancer can be treated with surgery to remove the tumor or through radiation and chemotherapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.