Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kumaresan
Submit a review for Dr. KumaresanYour feedback matters!
Good afternoon doctor, , age 29yrs. My TSH level is 5.87 (normal range 0.34-5.6 mIU/L) 1year back in my 1st pregnancy I got abortion becoz of baby heart undeveloped) in 1st pregnancy I have TSH level is 7.5. Now my tsh level is 5.87. Im using 50mcg thyroid tablets. Can I plan for pregnancy while using thyroid tablets? This is right time to plan for pregnancy?
Hi I am exercising well but my weight is not going down. I am having hypothyroid and I am taking the med for that. Can you please suggest me some very effective weight cutting medicines along with my exercise. Ayurvedic or home or any other supplements. I don't want to waste my money on fake marketed product and don't want harm my health. So kindly suggest.
I have pcos and high prolactin levels and also thyroid. Which exercises and treatment should I follow?
I am 27 years old. I have pain in my calf and hand. My TSH is 7.2. Is this pain due to thyroid or other reason.
My body temperature in morning comes to be 36 36.2 or 36.4 celsius. It should be 37 degree celsius. On the contrary my thyroid and liver function test is normal. I experience too much phlegm (mucus) even if I eat simple food like vegetables (cucumber tomato) or paneer or fruits or soup etc.
I have a relative female who has thyroid problem but is not being diagnosed properly. She has tsh level of 100 and now suffers migraine. Kindly suggest course of action.
I am 21 year old female I drink about 1 and a half litres of water a day yesterday I saw a pinch of blood in urine but I didn't get it after dat am having light burning micturition no decreased amount of urine I urinate once every 3 or 4 great.
Is Bengal gram (both raw and cooked) not recommended for patients having hypothyroidism? What are the food items a person having hypothyroidism should avoid? P.S. Currently I am on 100 mcg thyronorm tablets.
Are you looking for an ideal and effective remedy for common cold? Opt for Ayurvedic methods, which are considered excellent for management of cold. Common cold accounts for being the most common dosha or disorder, according to Ayurveda. Every individual suffers from common cold more than once during his or her life.
The condition is referred to as Pratishyaya in Ayurveda. All the three doshas are responsible for common cold. In case of common colds due to vata dosha, dry cough, mucus discharge, and a runny nose are common symptoms. People with pitta dosha having common cold are likely to experience a sore throat, fever, and nose blockage. For people with kapha dosha, common colds are featured by thick mucus discharge, headaches, and head heaviness. The most important Ayurvedic remedies for common cold are as follows:
Various natural herbs are used for the treatment of common cold.
- Bishop’s weed is used for opening up clogged nasal passages. You have to tie its seeds in a piece of cloth and inhale it directly. This clears the congestion and treats nasal blockages in children effectively.
- Cassia roots are ideal for treating common cold. The roots have to be burned and you need to inhale the smoke which is emitted. Your mucus discharge increases after this treatment, but stops totally after a while.
- Boil cinnamon with pepper and honey in water and consume it. This is ideal for reducing a sore throat and preventing your common cold from turning chronic.
- Cumin seeds have antiseptic properties and are effective in treating the harmful effects of common cold in case of fever. Throat irritations are healed as well.
Patients of common cold are recommended to fast for an entire day, which enables the body to eliminate toxins. After this, you can eat vegetable soups, and steamed, boiled vegetables with a little spice to taste. You should avoid all food items which are tough to digest such as milk, yoghurt, and food items which are oily, spicy, and rich. You should take hot food in case of common cold.
- You can use Bringasavam, which is a prescribed Ayurvedic medicine for common cold. You should take 15 ml of this regularly for a period of seven days.
- You can also opt for a nasal drop called Anutaila, which is prescribed by all Ayurvedic practitioners. You can also mix Trikatu power with honey. It reduces inflammation in your respiratory tract. You can also use Shabindu taila as a nasal drop.
For knowing common cold remedies suitable for you, visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. The doctor will prescribe the most ideal Ayurvedic remedies based on your condition and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi, Blood in urine since last 3 days. Now stopped 3 months before same thing happened. Please advise me
Sir I am 24 years old and 5.3 inch 68 kgs ,I want to lose weight, I am having thyroid in borderline, can I take pudina, cucumber,ginger, lemon detox drink to reduce weight. It helps in reducing weight? Can you suggest me?
What are the available natural or homeopathic treatments for Hashimoto thyroid with high anti tpo rating > 1300. How effective these treatments are in terms of the duration of treatment and long lasting results. Can they completely cure this problem from root itself? Where can we find the related doctors for such a treatment. Please suggest.
She is suffering from thyroid last 3 year. It's present Thyroid level is 8.23. Pls suggest daily life style.
I m resident of raipur chhattisgarh india my mother 74 years is suffering from type 2 diabetes and thyroid from last 30 years she recently under went veryebroplasty for L1 but after that she is facing problem of swelling and pain in feet insomnia and memory loss her kidney function tests are normal and sugar level almost remains 170 sodium level is low and potassium level is high kindly suggest the line of treatment.
I am 25 yr old girl suffering from hypothyroid bcoz of which I only got access 44" of waist and belly. Other parts are fine. Nothing works over medicines and excercises I do but no effects.
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
5 Reasons You Will See Blood in Urine
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria. The loss of blood in this condition could be gross or microscopic depending on the cause of the condition. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
2. Kidney stones and bladder stones
Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
3. An enlarged prostate
An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
4. Polycystic Kidney Disease
PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.
In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients.