Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishniah K
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishniah KYour feedback matters!
Hi I m suffering from fungal injection. I take medicine and injection but its did not work. Its work only for a specific time. But I need that this disease to permanently removed. So pls help me.
Why prostate gland grow larger, cause behind this. What are the precautions to be maintained before the occurrence of the disease.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Doctor, I have pimple marks (black spots) in my face. I often just blow the pimple. What should I apply on them to clear my skin as soon as possible?
Younger and youthful look is something everyone aspires to have. However, with growing age fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear. And it is just not age, stress also is a big contributor today to fine lines, making one look much older than they actually are.
Cosmetic technology has advanced phenomenally over the years to fix these issues in no downtime. Now, people can attain the youthful appearance through procedures that do not require a person to go under the knife, and thus are considered safer. However, the rider here is that these need to be performed only by trained professionals.
Botox is one of the inventions of modern science that has not only helped in dealing with the elimination of lines and signs of aging, but has many other medical benefits in treating multiple health conditions, including migraine, urinary incontinence and eye squints.
Botox's contribution to making one look younger is remarkable. A Botox injection takes a short time to administer and fixes fine lines conveniently and non-invasively.
- Fights Wrinkles: Botox can be used for static as well as dynamic wrinkles in order to make the skin appear more firm. Dynamic wrinkles are the lines that appear only where there is certain facial motion like furrowing the eyebrows and laughing. These can show up as fine lines of the forehead, wrinkled skin between the eyebrows, crow's feet and laugh lines, to name a few. The more prominent kinds of wrinkles are known as static wrinkles which are visible at all times, irrespective of the expression that a person might be wearing. These can be seen as lines that remain etched across the face even when the face is at rest.
- Stops spread of static wrinkles: While Botox can help in freezing the movement of the skin when a person is laughing or crying so that the lines and wrinkles do not appear, it also prevents further spread and deepening of the static wrinkles.
- Areas of face and neck where Botox is used: Botox is primarily administered in the forehead region as it is most effective in curbing the appearance of shallow static lines and other dynamic wrinkles in this area. But a skilled hand can also apply Botox in other areas of the face for firm looking skin. It can be used for treatment of forehead lines, crow's feet or lines around eyes, correction of droop in eye brows, droops at angle of lips, correction of lines in the neck, and to achieve slimmer and well defined jawline.
- Results: The results of Botox treatment lasts for 4-6 months and needs to be re-administered in order to be effective.
There is only one thing to take of: That all these indications for Botox usage in cosmetic dermatology must be done by a skilled and trained dermatologist.
My lower lip looks very big. Suddenly I do not feel there is any swelling and my face also.what to do
Today I saw some bright red blood spots in my underwear. It wasn't period as I am just in the middle of the cycle now. I am also having a sharp pain while passing stools. The stools are more on the looser side. Well and I haven't indulged in any sexual activity till now. What is the reason of this bleeding? Please help.
Pigmentation (jhaiyia) on face increasing. Washing, protein powder, cream applying on face but not get rid off from problem. Pls provide remedy.
6 Main Causes of Skin Hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition characterised by dark patches, occurring mainly due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production. This form of skin condition is not specific to any particular age group or category of people, but it is more commonly observed among people of Mediterranean, Asian, Latin, or African origin. Also, any part of your body including hands, face and neck can be affected by this condition.
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause skin hyperpigmentation.
1. Sun exposure
If your skin is exposed to sunlight for a long period of time, it can result in hyperpigmentation. It happens due to the inflammation of the skin caused by the action of UV rays present in sunlight. This skin inflammation plays a significant role in activating melanocytes (skin cells that generate melanin), giving you dark patches of skin.
2. Hormonal changes
Triggered by the consumption of a pill or pregnancy, hormonal changes in your body are also responsible for stimulating growth of melanin. This disturbance in the chemical balance of your body causes hyperpigmentation in the form of ‘melasma’ (a common skin condition characterised by grey-brown patches on skin surface).
3. Specific drugs
Sometimes hyperpigmentation is drug-induced and happens due to the effect of certain medications like antibiotics, anti-seizure drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and hormone treatments. This mainly happens due to the reaction of these drugs with melanin resulting in the formation of a drug-pigment complex that leaves dark patches on the skin.
In some cases, you can get hyperpigmentation if you have a prevailing family history of the disease. This skin condition is sometimes carried by the genes onto the next generation.
It often happens that acne leaves back scars in the form of dark spots after healing. These dark spots are most commonly termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). They occur as your skin produces excessive melanin in response to the skin infection.
6. Excessive use of chemical products
Exposing your skin to harsh chemicals, present mostly in chemical products like hair removing creams, wax etc. can result in skin inflammation resulting in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.