Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had pelvic tvs sonography. Is everything normal to get pregnant Pelvis shows an anteverted uterus with central endometrial canal Uterus measures 56x29x34 mm Endometrial thickness measures 5 mm Both the ovaries were well visualized and appeared bulky with multiple small follicles noted in parenchyma. Right ovary measures 38x24x37 mm. Volume measures 17.4 c mm Left ovary measures 40x22x33 mm, volume measures 14.7 c mm. There is no fluid in cul-de-sac This test was done on 12-feb and my last period date was 19-jan Is everything normal, can I get pregnant.
What is the std that can cause painful mouth sores that goes and comes every weeks and that lymph node and itching sometimes.
My friend last period was on Oct 2nd and last date was on Oct 6th, yet she did not get her periods for this month, she had a intercross as on 11th Oct however it was a pull out method, she is quite worried and to induce periods she has started taking vitamin c tablets from past three days at a interval of 1 hour yet she did not get her periods, her vaginal remains wet mostly from past couple of days, no other signs, so do you think she is pregnant?
I am female 24, married since last 9 months. I had medicine for irregular periods and now I m having hair growth on my upper lips and chin. Now I am also having medicines for getting pregnancy. Pls guide what should do. Pls help with proper guidance.
I want to have my 1st sex with my boyfriend. I am really afraid about the pain of 1st penetration. I am thinking, if I take any sex pill for much excitement. Will it be ok to take such medicine for 1st sex. ? Or tell me anything should I take any measures for a better way to take it easy.
I am 34 weeks pregnant. My baby is in breech position. Is normal delivery possible. ?is there any risk?
I have been married for 3 years. We are planning for a child. But my wife is not able to conceive. I am concerned about my penis length which also could be a reason for not able to conceive. I have also read about different medicine available online for increasing the penis length but not sure if they really work and don't have any side effects. Please guide me on the same.
What will happen to me if I take 100mg mifepristone single oral dose. My LMP was 21-march 2016.Please tell.
I had spotting after 2 months of conception. I consulted my gynaecologist and she has given me naturogest 200mg tablet to eat morning and night. After taking that tablet , exactly after 2 hours I am feeling dizzy. I don't have the spotting now. Should I continue this tablet ?
Hi, my wife is 29 yrs old. Her monthly period is not regular. We consult many doctor but no positive result. She take extend 16 for monthly period for 20 days. I think it's not ok for her health. 2- she feel regularly pain in her legs & some times back pain. She always look like sick woman. Please suggest me what I do. Note: we are doing panning for second baby. What that is right time or not. Our first daughter is 8 years old. Thank you.
Hi. I am 27 years old and of 52 kgs weight and had missed period. I had tested for pregnancy through test kit which resulted in negative. But I am feeling of my stomach bloating and feeling so full even I eat little quantity and having little problem in breathing now. What can be the reason and did get my periods. Can you suggest me what to do.
Hi I just want to know if my gf is pregnant she had done test and found negative on pregnancy test meter Please advice.
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.
HOW CAN SURGERY BE SCAR LESS?
It is not possible to magically perform operations without access to the abdomen. Scar less or SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) is an advanced technique in laparoscopy where the procedure is performed through the umbilicus instead of the traditional 4 or more laparoscopic incisions. As the incision is through the umbilicus the scar is virtually invisible. Single-incision laparoscopic surgical procedures require an experienced surgeon who is highly skilled and experienced in laparoscopic surgery.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SCAR LESS LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY (SILS)?
In addition to improved cosmetic outcomes. Single incision laparoscopic surgery leaves the patient with the potential for less post-operative pain, quicker recovery time and reduced risk of wound site infections.
DOES IT NEED SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT?
SILS surgery needs specialised ports and instruments so that we can achieve triangulation at the surgical site. The imaging system should be high resolution with a HD or 3D camera. The most important factor is a surgeon with the large experience in these procedures both by open as well as laparoscopic route so that it can be done safely.
CAN ALL SURGERIES BE PERFORMED LAPAROSCOPICALLY?
Though a wide range of surgeries have been attempted by SILS as of now it is performed on a regular basis for few standard laparoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy and obesity surgery. Especially for surgeries like cholecystectomy with risk of bile duct injury it should performed by a surgical gastroenterologist with in-depth knowledge of the gallbladder and bile duct anatomy and physiology.
IS IT A SAFE OPERATION?
Patient selection is very important Not every patient who wants scarless surgery can be offered surgery. Generally patient uncomplicated appendicitis / cholecystitis can undergo scarless surgery. However if local factors are not conducive safe completion of the procedure is more important than cosmesis. Patients should be prepared for conversion to reduced port or multiport laparoscopic surgery if situation warrants.
IS IT AN EXPENSIVE OPERATION?
If the patient built and local factors make it feasible to perform scarless laaproscpic surgery the cost is only marginally higher than standard laproscopic surgery because of the few additional specialized equipment used. It is definitely not much expensive compared to standard surgery.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AFTER SURGERY?
The surgery can be performed in about one hour with a typical hospital stay of less than 24 hours.
You will have mild pain and soreness at umbilicus with a 1.5 to 2 cm incision hidden in the umbilicus grove. Patients will probably be able to get back to normal activities within 3-4 days time, including driving, walking up stairs, light lifting and work.
In two weeks time the scar is contracts and disappear into the umbilical fold & becomes virtually invisible. You have undergone a magically scarless operation on your tummy!!