Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. KrishiYour feedback matters!
Sir my mother age 65 yrs, diagnosed bell palsy for past 2 month. But till now do not have much improvement. She was treated in hospital for 4 days taking steroids for 1 month n right now doing physio. Is there any other treatment for it. Please advise.
1. I am 38 years old male working as Program Manager in an IT company. 2. I have chronic headache since my teenage. 3. Initially headache used to happen the moment I used to wake up and feel some cold sensation in head. Seemed like sinus headache. Did some sut neti and it helped. 4. Later in college it used to happen almost every evening. Severe throbbing pain, as if it’s being hammered inside. I had to sit idle, pressing my jaw pressed. Used to take disprin/crocin/dolo almost daily. 5. In 2001, Got an MRI done. Nothing came out. Have been living with headache as regular routine 6. In 2005, I had an episode of mild depression and got treated at NIMHANS. I was told that I have migraine and mild depression. 7. I was on level 10 mg for 2 years and then I left. 8. Headache continued at least 3 times a week. Oil massage and Dolo helped. 9. Got another episode of depression and anxiety in 2010 10. Continued on Subrabenz 0.25 and Feliz s 15 mg for 3 years. 11. Quit medicine with doc consultation for 2 months. 12. Started again the anxiety medicine Feliz S PLUS 13. Getting headache daily for last 5 days. I am tired with this routine and it is badly impacting my productivity at work. I need support for a structured treatment and get rid of it. Please help.
It has been proven that older adults who burn calories in moderate physical activities like jogging swimming gardening and dancing are likely to have lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease
Exercise-associated calorie burn can increase the level of grey matter volume in key brain areas which are responsible for memory enabling the active adults to protect their brain from cognitive decline
I ama 40 years old male suffering with urticaria from last 8 yrs. I am taking atarax 10 mg I daily for prevention. When urticaria occurs I take cetrizine 5 mg that led to stressed out nerves and heaviness in head. I was also diagnosed with migraine 4 years back. Pls help.
Hi, I am 32 years old and pregnant by 14 weeks. I am the patient of migraine and suffering from severe migraine for last 2 months. It gets over for a day or half after every 10-15 days but then again come back on the very next day. My gynecologist has only suggested me to have crocin advance in this condition. Can someone help me to get the medicine which can be taken while pregnancy in migraine. Also I have the case if low lying placenta and have allergic to BRUFEN salts.
I am suffering brain stroke on september 2013 and paralaysed on right side .Treatment(medicine) and exercise.Continued but movement and sansation not proper till date please help me
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
I have leg pain neck pain and numbness on one side of neck. Urine urgency at times. Right wrist pain is also there this increases more when I am thinking about pain or working on computers.
Hello sir/ madam my self aman, I suffering from migraine since 7 years. In recent year it was to low but nowadays its repetition is fast and pain is to hard also. What should I have to do because I am preparing for ias in delhi it waste my too much of time. What medicine should I have to take or which doctor I have to consult. I will be thankull to you.
Mere papa ke kaan ke piche side andar tumour tha jiska operation 4 saal pehle hua to us tym pe wo gardan se niche left side se paralysed hue aur chehre me right side se paralysed ho gye. Kuch din treatment aur physiotherapy se thoda bahut hath pair kaam krne lga but puri tarah se nahi kya koi aisa possible treatment hai jisse wo puri tarah se thik ho jaye. Aur pehle jaise chal phir paye. Please suggest me aur unko travel krwana thoda mushkil hota hai.
I am of 21 years and I have a migraine problem please suggest me a good medicine? And How to get rid of tanned skin?
Hi, I am 25 year male. I am facing the problem of migraine from one year or more. Please suggest what should I do?
I'm a teenage girl. After masturbating, I start getting slight headaches, dizzy and the areas around my ears are somewhat numb and hot like I'm having a fever. What should I do.
What is epilepsy? I have been told that I have it after I had a funny turn in the street, but I don t understand it. Can you explain this condition?
I have been suffering from severe head aches as soon as I get up in the morning. The ache starts in my occipital region and it spreads to the frontal region within few hours. It is sure not migraine. But why do I keep suffering from it?
I have red eyes for 2 days what should I do? I think I am having migraine pain. Because from last year this was the same thing which I faced.
My age is 31 due to stress and work load I feel a lot of weakness inside and my hands shiver I feel sexually weakness also m not able to give my 100%.
Obesity is the new-age lifestyle disease with multiple ramifications. While its effects on the physical aspects are very evident, the damage it does to the brain are more severe, though not obvious. Read on to know some harmful effects of obesity on the emotional well-being.
- Leads to binge eating: There is a certain pleasure in eating sugary and fatty food, and this is lost with depression. Therefore, to get that emotional satisfaction, people tend to eat more chocolates, cookies, milkshakes, and other weight-accumulating food items, which further add to obesity. Greater the weight gained by a person, lesser the response or happiness from such food products.
- Increases impulsivity: The area of the brain known as orbitofrontal cortex, which is in charge of controlling impulsivity, shrinks in obese people. This results in people eating more impulsively.
- Affects immunity: Obesity is a major cause of inflammation, leading to damage in certain parts of the brain. This impairs the immune system, making the affected person more prone to infections and tissue damage. This leads to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleeping disorders, eating disorders, etc. The chemical known as C-reactive protein increases as seen on MRIs in obese people, and which is usually seen in patients with chronically increased inflammation.
- Effects on memory: As the BMI increases, there is a decrease in scores of memory tests. This effect is more obvious in women after menopause. With increased fat accumulation, more hormones are released, which affects the memory. Increased inflammation also affects cognition and memory.
- Increased risk of dementia: With more belly fat accumulating, there is extra stress on the body to burn the visceral fat. This reduces brain size and causes certain hormones to release, which further affects the body’s ability to remember things. It has been proven that people with smaller brain size are at greater risk for developing dementia.
- Weight loss stress adding to more stress: When obesity sets in and the BMI goes up, there is an added pressure to lose weight, which further ups the stress levels. During these dieting days, the brain is constantly alert and finds ways to eat more. This also leads to excess eating. Moreover, there are indications that there could be genetic changes during this phase, which may leave a permanent mark in the person’s composition.
- Depression: When a person is not happy with their reflection in the mirror, the chances of feeling good and happy are very less. In this age, where aesthetics plays a major morale booster, an obese image staring back does not help at all.
So, if you have a risk of obesity, watch out. It is not just how you look, but how you feel is also altered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.