Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Koteswara Rao P DYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old female. I have a baby girl of 14 months old. From last two month my baby start having outside milk. But still my breast producing so much milk, it starts paining in 7-8 hours, though I breastfeeding my child only once a day from last one month. Please suggest me how to reduce this or completely stop this.
My 4 months old baby having cold and cough and his nose is blocked like sounds gur gur please help me what should in do.
A certain psychiatric condition, which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD (Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder), which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions, such as stress, anxiety, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and etc. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hi, My daughter is of 8 Months, she has a bad cough from last 4-5 days, we were giving her hatric3 syrup for cough, but there is no improvement, please suggest the better one..
My baby is 20 days old and she is on breastfeed I have catched cold and cough congestion Kindly suggest me any medicine which is safe to take during breastfeeding.
Dear doctor, I have a 12 year old son. He does’t show any interest in studies. He always likes to play computer and mobile games or watch TV. He studies and writes very little, compared with the syllabus for exams. This is happening from class I on words. He is studying with state syllabus. He studied well up to UKG only. Even when I try to show interesting videos in internet related to studies, he does’t like. Even when we scold him, he doesn't care. He frequently bunks classes. Even brushing teeth and bathing does not do regularly, even when we - parents put a lot of pressure. But he loves us and plays with us well. He behaves well with friends and neighbors. He also likes to eat junk food daily, because of which he is getting frequent health problems. I like to know whether there is anyway to change his behavior and create interest in studies to him, avoid junk food.
Dear Doctor's My daughter is 18 months old but still her teeth are not growing. Is it a problem? Her weight is only 8.5 kg. Is she underweight? If yes what should we do? One local medical practitioner has suggested us to give her calcium. Should we buy calcium tablets? By the way she is spontaneous but does not like to eat anything. Please suggest.
Hi I am married and I am trying to having a baby but its not happening I don't know I have a problem or my wife dose have a problem?
It's regarding my baby when we feed her. Breast feeding after few minutes she is vomiting giving it back. Some time same milk or some time turns into curd type. What is the precautions we have to do. She is now 2 + please feed back.
Dear sir, My daughter is 6 weeks old. Here only OPV, Penta1 vaccines are available. PCV, Rota, IPV is not there. I asked to local hospital they are telling these vaccines are Optional you can skip this. I am bit worried. I want buy these vaccines from Online because in medical shops also these are not available. So I request you to please tell me vaccines name.
My 6 yrs daughter not taking regular food at lunch and dinner time. Always avoid and saying not hungry. Toilet also go on alternative day. Although Health wise good. Please suggest any checkup to be done or any medicine required to be given.
My son 9 years old is suffering from atopic dermatitis since birth, I have tried both Allopathy and homeopathy treatment from so called famous doctors in this fields, but in vain. Have conducted all necessary allergy test, and all result were negative except a marginal allergy to cows milk. However cows milk has been stopped but still the allergy persists. My experience is he gets this allergy when there is season change .pl. Suggest Thanks.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.