Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kotapalli Subba RaoYour feedback matters!
My name is Brijesh and I am 20 year old I had lasik surgery before 3 month and and than after one and half month later I have been suffering from pain in right eye Doctors says that this is not an eye problem so I searched about this in internet so according to net it is symptoms of cluster headache now I can not handle this pain its increase my tension so what should I do .please give me some suggestion.
I have problem with head ace, please suggest me how to reduce that. And also my eyes are getting strained from that, so please suggest the things.
Hi. I am 29 years old I am suffering from CNVM in my left eye since 2014. On visiting to an eye hospital I was immediately advised to go for a couple of injections (avastin, lucentis).what should I do to get permanent relief from it.
I am 20 yr student, I am pursuing btech. I use specs for short-sightedness. Many time my eyes pains.
Hi I am 25 years old I am having eye sight of 1, 5 for both eyes I want to take lazer treatment can you suggest how please.
Hi I have eye sight 4.25 could I know I should go for Lasik or it will be cure in normal ways and if I should go Lasik what are tests required how much charge for tests and Lasik treatment how much they charged.
My mom is 62 years old diabetic, taking insulin also for the past 4 months because eyes specialist Dr. Advised her to cure her glaucoma in both eye but still sugar is not normal.
I am planning to undergo lasik surgery next month. I have stage 4 tonsils too. Is it advisable to undergo surgery two months after my lasik surgery.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.