Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Komal Kumar RnYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 24 year old from delhi. I am having slip disc since march 2014 at L4-L5 level. Due to this my basic functionalities of body is affected like I can not bend forward, can't lift minor weight, can't run, can't do exercises to keep myself fit and so on. Last year I found out in another MRI, minor slip disc at L5-S1, which is causing numbness in my left leg. This introduces hindrance in my walking like I am not able to walk more than 300 metres. My leg hurts. I am also having cervical since one year at C4-C5. Lower back slip disc doesn't allow me to sit for long time and cervical problem doesn't allow me to study on bed while lying on my back as my neck hurts immediately when I start so. Ultimately my sufferings are affecting both my personal life and my educational life. Sir I am ashamed to ask but it is mandatory for me to know is there any law by which I can avail physically handicapped relaxations. I don't knot know what to do with my life. I am completely depressed. Please help me.
Sir/ mam I m suffering frm insomnia. Moreover, m not under stress. Bt still m not able to take proper sleep. What should I do?
My friend she is 24, her weight is 40, she has a cuff, while cuffing she use to get blood little bit. Along with this she use to get headache, it is migraine and she use to take tablets for it. U please suggest me. What was reason for it.
Hello doctor I have frequent headaches. I think I am suffering from migraine. What should I do to reduce the headaches?
I suffer from Migraine since long. Not taken any medicine yet. Am Male, 59 years, occasional smoker and drinks beer/wine once in a while.
I am using diabetic medicines like Metformin from several years. I am now having pain on right foot second finger bottom like thron while walking. Can you suggest any medicine. Is it nerve damage? Any medicine you can advise?
Hi I am Sonu Dandotiya from Gwalior Madhya Pradesh. I have insomnia problem. How to solve this problem. L am very affected from this sufferness.
One of the most debilitating conditions that anyone can experience is migraine. They can severely limit you by affecting your personal and professional life as you are in constant pain. Migraine can manifest in a type of headache with intense pain, an acute sensitivity to light, nausea and vomiting. Often described as a severe throbbing pain in the head, it may stop you from completing regular daily tasks and may delay or postpone your work.
How can migraines be treated?
The exact cause for these debilitating migraine pain hasn't been pointed out yet, but certain triggers such as stress, hormonal changes in the menstrual cycle, sun exposure, bright or flashing lights, among many others have been identified. The first line of defense for you would be to understand and identify what your triggers are. Once that is done, you can try and avoid them. If these still trigger a migraine or are about to trigger one, you can immediately take medications or steps to control it or at least lessen the pain to go through your day. Some of the options you can employ to this effect are mentioned below.
- Medications to prevent a migraine attack: The medications mentioned here are specialized treatments and can only be taken after a consultation with a doctor. If you are deemed as a candidate for preventative medication for migraines, then either one or a combination of drugs from the following may be prescribed to you.
- Valproate and Topiramate are anti-seizure medications which can be used to prevent migraines.
- Propranolol, a type of beta blocker and used for cardio vascular problems, has proven to be very effective in preventing migraines.
- Onabotulinumtoxin A or a type of Botox, has shown a lot of promise in preventing migraines and is being slowly rolled out as a proper drug as a treatment option.
- Certain antidepressants have also shown to be quite effective in reducing the symptoms of migraines as well.
- Medications to relieve pain: Some of the go to medications that help relieve your pain from migraine are mentioned below. Although some of them are OTC (over the counter) drugs, it is best advised that you consult with your doctor for medications which suit you better. The side effects of these medications can be bad and thus, it is not advised to continue them in the long run and to find other means to control pain from migraines. Some of the medications to relieve pain temporarily are:
- Triptan is a drug used to treat severe migraines
- Caffeine along with Ergotamine can also help dull the pain and deal with it.
- Ibuprofen and aspirin and Acetaminophen are common pain killers that you can use
- Codeine, which contains opioids are also used to treat this problem.
- Metoclopramide and chlorpromazine are two examples of anti-nausea medications as vomiting along with nausea may frequently accompany your migraine.
Always remember that these medications can have strong side effects if not taken properly, therefore do not just pop a pill, consult your physician first and know which one should you take and how frequently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Dark circle on eye due to scared to sleep early it get 2.30 while sleeping migraine head pain gas Healthy body not even walk 1 km a day . Getting lazy ness day by day and taking medicine of bed rest . What should I do.
Sir I am unable to behave as I want to behave with other. I want to change my behavior but I can't do it. And then I feel more nervous to see others reaction. It affects my relationship with other and also my carrier. Help me.
My wife is suffering from numbness of skin and severe pain in left abdomen and back up to spine. Following tests have been done with out any significant findings: abdomen ct scan - enlarged liver 17%, age related changes seen in lumber region but insignificant. Mri spine - dorsal - normal, slight age related changes abdomen u/s - normal hemogram - normal lipid profile - slight increase in ldl & lower hdl kft - normal urine routine and culture - minor colony of staphylococus thyroid - normal doctors consulted till now do not associate any of diagnostic findings with symptoms and have put her on pregabalin 75 mg nucoxia120 and rabekind dsr. Request advice from concerned specialists on exact cause of her condition and way to diagnose and treat her. She is 52, slight overweight and post menopausal since last two years. Regards.
I have been asked to do bird dog excercises for numbness & parasthesia of feet. I am 66 yrs old, wt 94 kg with a colles fracture ( optd ). Can not do this ex. Please suggest some thing else.
How to get rid of frequent cold headache and migraine headache. Please give detailed natural treatment and life style changes.
Migraine headache is characterized by a severe headache usually affecting one side of the head. There are other symptoms along with headache like nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound. Some patients experience neurological phenomena like changes in vision, temporary loss of sensation and altered sensation, a phenomenon known as an aura (flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots, tingling in the arms and the legs). Migraine headache can last for 2 to 3 days.
Symptoms: The symptoms depend on the stage of a migraine attack. The stages of a migraine attack can be:
- Prodrome, Aura, Headache or attack, and Postdrome.
- Prodorme: One to two days prior to the migraine attack, patient may experience;
- Mood swings.
- Cravings for food.
- Increased yawning.
- Stiff neck.
- Constipation and frequent thirst and urination.
In case of an aura (during or before a migraine), there may be visual, motor, speech, and sensory illusions and disturbances such as,
- Loss of vision.
- A strange sensation of needles pricking an arm or a leg.
- One side of the body becomes weak and numb.
- There are visual illusions such as the appearance of flashes of light, zigzag patterns, bright spots.
- There is a problem in hearing and speaking.
- In some cases, there may be a hemiplegic migraine (the limb becomes weak).
During a Migraine Attack (lasts for 4 to 72 hours), there may be
- A throbbing pain on either one or both sides of the head
- Blurred vision, light-headedness.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Sensitivity to touch and smell (though rare)
In Postdrome (after a migraine), there can be
- Mood swings.
- A person may be sensitive to light and sound.
- Dizziness and weakness
- Extreme fatigue
An amalgamation of environmental and genetic factors may be responsible for a migraine. Trigger varies for each patient:
- Stress and extreme physical exertion
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks and beverages
- Salty and processed foods
- Altered sleeping habits
- Hormonal alterations in women (Constant fluctuation in the level of oestrogen)
- Oral contraceptives and certain vasodilators (nitroglycerin)
- Preservatives like MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Aspartame (sweetener)
- Sunshine, certain odours, travel, etc can trigger migraine.
Treatment and Prevention:
- Medicines under supervision to abort an attack of migraine and special drugs to stop attacks.
- Lifestyle changes are helpful to decrease attacks:
- Other treatment options that can be availed from pain specialist:
- Transcutaneous supraorbital nerve stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation.
- Botulinum toxin injection.
- Occipital nerve block.