Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kl.PoornimaYour feedback matters!
This message is to the GP I have missed my periods from 11days I am married what do I do please give a reply the day of my period was on 17th.
I'm 25, and I recently had an intense session with my boyfriend. Well I had any sort of sexual activity after 4 years. Im a virgin and still believe In the whole after marriage thing but this time our private parts did come in contact for a while and the internet is scaring me that it is possible to get pregnant even if nothing comes out of nothing goes in. I'm getting paranoid because my lower back is paining since then and now after all the internet research my knee joints seem to be paining as well. It's been 3 days since we did. Please advice
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep.
- Sleep hygiene help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
- Avoid naps if possible.
- Naps decrease the ‘sleep debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset. Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that. When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
- Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No tv or internet during these periods! that will just stimulate you more than desired. If this happens several times during the night, that is ok. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
- Don’t watch tv or read in bed.
- When you watch tv or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon. Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
- Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise regularly
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep. Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep.
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer. Turn off the tv and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep. Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is ok. If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom. Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights. Have a comfortable mattress.
- If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
- Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower, meditation.
Some who are struggling with sleep regularly find it helpful to print out these recommendations and read them reularly. If you accidentally miss some of recommendations, or have a bad night, do not fret. By following these sleep hygiene recommendations, you will help yourself to get into a routine that promotes good sleep opportunities.
I have irregular periods. I got my periods this month on the very first day of this month and then again on 20th may I got my period back. I have had a history of severe polystic overly syndrome, I had no periods for 6 months. But now the condition has improved and now I get every month, but this irregular periods is my only problem.
Hello docters mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai mere periods 3 ko regular aate hai but 6 ko meine check kia to result positive tha but second line bhut halki thi to mujhe docter ke pass kab jana chaiye aur kaun kaun si precaution leine chaiye aur mere navratre bhi chal rahe hai please give me right decision.
Hi I am 22 years female and unmarried. I am suffering from pcos problem for the past 6 months. I was prescribed to use yasmin tablets and I am taking it from then. Can I use yasmin for long period? will there be any side effects? do I have any problems further? do I need to get married immediately? will there be any problems during pregnancy? I am so confused to take the right decision. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
I have a babygirl who is 5 month old I want to know how I can avoid pregnancy for next 2 years. I want have sex with my wife on regular basis without using condoms. Is there any safe practice.
I am 3 month 20 days pregnant. Sometime I feel a bad straining in right lower abdomen for a small duration. And feel a little pain also in the left lower abdomen. Both the conditions are bearable and mostly happen at night time. I am a working lady. Need to travel also sometime. So please suggest me what should I do! And also tell me in which position should I sleep. And please give some idea regarding diet also. Thank you.
My girlfriend had only blood spots instead of normal discharge during her periods this time. We had sex 15-16 days before periods but we used condoms. Is she pregnant?
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.