Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kl.Poornima
Management of Abortion
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kl.PoornimaYour feedback matters!
There are many kinds of food items that can do us a world of good. But there are certain man made food items that are synthetic in nature, and have more demerits than merits when it comes to our health. There is a long standing debate on the merits of various beverages, including soft drinks and alcohol.
Which one is the healthier choice?
To begin with, we cannot avoid a good beverage during social interactions, so we would do well to make a healthier choice. Here are the details about the healthier choice between alcohol and soft drinks.
- Kilo calories: It is a well-known fact that both alcohol and soft drinks have plenty of kilo calories with one cola containing over 1000 kilojoules as they are known. Yet, as per this parameter, it would be a healthier choice if you were to choose soft drinks because even though they both have the same amount of calories, one tends to drink soft drinks at a slower pace, which means that you consume less of it. Once you start enjoying an alcoholic drink, you tend to take more of them and much faster. Also, alcohol makes you hungry, which implies that you start reaching out for various kinds of snacks and other unhealthy food. In such cases, you will tend to gain weight much faster if you choose alcohol every time. This will not really be the case when you choose soft drinks.
- Toxins: The way alcohol is brewed ensures that it carries a whole lot of toxins, which are not good for your liver and heart in the long run. These toxins can easily clog your arteries and create complications for the functioning of the liver as well.
- Glycemic index: This is the count that is accorded to the level of insulin resistance in one’s drink of choice. For alcohol, the glycemic resistance is much higher, which means that you have better insulin resistance as compared to other soft drinks, which are high in sugar content. Therefore, it makes alcohol a highly unhealthy choice, which can also result in diabetes in the long run, if one ingests too much of it.
- Nutrition: From the nutrition point of view, cola and other soft drinks have absolutely no nutritional value because processed sugar is one of the main components. This will give rise to the toxin influx in the body and bring down the insulin resistance, which makes you susceptible to diseases like diabetes. Therefore, it would be healthier to have a beer rather than a cola because it has a small amount of protein due to the ingredients used when it is brewed for consumption. It also has some amount of antioxidants and potassium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi my gf is 21 and she's having irregular period problem like she ll have 3 - 4 days prior to the next periodic date. She Started having some pills for prolonging the date. From sep 1st week. And till date she has not got her date. Whats the issue here?
Hello. Mai 2 month pregnant thi. Kal hi mera miscarriage ho gya. Maine aap sab se bht se questions puche the. Jinka aap sbne ans b kia tha. Thank you so much for everyone who suggest me. Mai ab ye puchna chahti hu k hum dubara kb try kr skte h. Or kya kre jis se jldi concieve ho jye. Thanks.
Last period date june 1st Unprotected sex 19 june Ipill taken on 19th evening Will I be pregnant? Worried and feeling tensed.
I am 26 years old I got married in 2013. Now we are trying for a baby we are trying from last 6 months. But can not get result. So would you please tell me what was the reason for that. I am worried about that.
i have not got my periods over the last 2-3 months.I used to get regular periods till before the months.The last time i got periods was during the month of june (24th june)should i consult a doctor?
I am 25 years old. Me and my fiancee made love with each other two months back i. E. On 17 feb and two days later I had my periods, which was on time. The next month it occurred on 18 march and 15 on this month. I normally have a cycle of 28 days which last for 4-5 days but since last 2 months, the flow on the first 2 days were as usual heavy. But on 3rd day it was light and ended up. I even tried test kit last month but it was negative. I am concerned why this is happening. Is there anything serious?
1) if label says fat free then it is low in calories.
Usually fat free foods are high in sugar calories and also in sodium. It may also contain maida or some other unhealthy ingredients so pls check label carefully.
2) 100% fruit juice is a good substitute for fruit
None of the commercially available fruit juices have 100% fruit. Mostly they contain not more then 10% fruit and that to of poor quality. It is loaded with artificial flavorings, preservatives, sugar.
3) avoid citrus fruits when you have cold as they are cold foods.
Some people may be sensitive to them but not all. In fact they are rich in vitamin c which helps fight cold.
Placenta- posterior, left lateral, circumvallate type. Associated with increased incidence of antepartum hemorrhage, premature labour. These are the report given by doctor. And wanted to know more in detail what exactly it is. As I wasn't there when doctor gave the report my wife didn't understand much what the doctor said. As again I have the appointment date for next week so wanted to know if something serious.
1. Improves Digestion
Several components in lemon stimulate your liver to produce more bile needed for healthy digestion. Also, lemon assists the digestive system in flushing unwanted materials and toxins out of the body.
A daily glass of warm lemon water helps relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating.
It also prevents constipation and diarrhea by promoting smooth bowel functioning. The American Cancer Society recommends this healthy drink to cancer patients to help stimulate bowel movements.
2. Aids Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight, drinking a glass of warm lemon water with honey will definitely help you reach your goal. Lemon is high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings and keeps you feeling full for a longer time.
Also, the combination of warm water, honey and lemon creates a more alkaline atmosphere in your stomach helping you lose weight faster.
3. Clears Skin
Daily consumption of warm lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It helps purify your blood and encourages growth of new blood cells.
Also, the high vitamin C content as well as other antioxidants in lemon helps keep the skin free from wrinkles and blemishes and helps combat free-radical damage.
The water and honey add restorative, antibacterial and collagen-boosting properties to promote your skin health.
4. Supports Immune System
Warm lemon water also boosts the immune system. Being rich in vitamin C, lemon helps boost the immune system and assists the body in fighting colds and flu.
Plus, lemon enhances the body’s ability to absorb iron, an important nutrient for a healthy immune system. Lemon also contains saponins, which have antimicrobial properties that help keep infections at bay.
5. Treats Bad Breath
The acidic nature of lemon, combined with the medicinal properties of honey and water, can help eliminate bad breath. It cleanses the mouth and activates production of saliva that kills odor-causing bacteria.
Lemon water also helps get rid of the white film on your tongue that usually develops while you sleep. This white film consists of decaying food and bacteria that cause bad breath.
6. Balances pH Levels
Lemon is one of the best alkalizing foods for the body as it contains both citric and ascorbic acid that help maintain the pH levels. A good pH level is essential as too much acidity in the body can be inflammatory.
Drinking lemon water regularly on an empty stomach in the morning helps remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints that is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
7. Increases Energy
The nourishing elements like vitamins B and C, phosphorous, proteins and carbohydrates present in lemon make it a natural energizing agent. It hydrates and oxygenates the body to keep you feeling revitalized, energized and refreshed.
Also, as lemon contains more negative-charged ions, it provides instant energy when it enters the digestive tract. Plus, the scent of lemon has mood-enhancing and energizing properties.
8. Cures Throat Infections
The antibacterial properties of lemon aid in fighting problems related to throat infections, a sore throat and tonsillitis.
In fact, people who drink a glass of warm lemon water each morning are at a lower risk of developing throat infections. This healthy drink even helps prevent respiratory problems like asthma.