Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kirthi Priya RYour feedback matters!
I got lower back pain one month before I consult the Ortho Doctor, then I took traction continuously for 10 days. Afterwards its ok there is no pain. But now slightly pain is there.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on.
Respected sir/maam, My brother had an accident five year ago. Her head was deeply injured. We did her treatment in private hospital. The doctor performed his operation and said that he will recover in a short time. Her hands & foots do not work perfectly for 5 years. He can not walk. Please tell us how and how to treat her. We do not have much money for treatment. Kindly suggest any govt. Hospital.
Hi Doctor, I am having knee pain while playing cricket. My Physiotherapist suggested to take tendocare, calcitas-D3.
Sir 1. Last week 10th Oct I fell down from my 2 wheeler, I got small injury on my knee, I went to a nearby hospital and got first aid, with a tt injection. 2nd day my leg was paining and I went to the same dr, he advice it will be ok 2. I apply. Ice cube with cloth for the affected area, but it is paining, so I decided. To go to a ortho specialist, he confirmed it was a blood clot and it will take 4 to 5 days, he gave gel to apply and 2 tablet. But it was not given any development. 3.3rd I wear cloth around the clot for 3 to 4 hrs. Likewise. 3 times, but no improvement. 4. I applied white egg on the affected area but the same experience. 5. I can able to fold 90%of my leg but cant able to place the foot. Nor walk, So kindly advice me to continue. The correct method of treatment Thanks
I sometimes feel a pain in the right side of my pelvic area, sometimes it goes away and some times I can feel it in the right side of my back or my right thigh, it's not that painful and there's no lumps or anything in that area and it has been about three weeks since I first started to feel it, could this be something serious like sarcoma?
My father is diabetic patient he is able to control his diet or not consuming less food and now he is having knee joint pain. He is suffering a lot with joint pains and diabetic problems suggest how to get treatment for joint pains.
Lower Back Stretches – Basic Exercises
Rotation in Lying
Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat and together. Gently take both knees from side to side as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 - 20 times.
Lower Back Stretches - Rotation in Lying
Prone on Elbows
Begin lying on your stomach, then gently prop yourself up onto your forearms, keeping your back relaxed . Hold for 2 seconds, then slowly lower yourself down flat. Repeat 10 times provided the exercise is pain-free.
Knees to Chest
Lie on your back, knees bent. Take both knees towards your chest using your hands until you feel a mild to moderate stretch, pain-free . Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
Side Flexion in Standing
Begin standing tall, back straight, hands by your sides. Gently lean to one side, sliding your hand down the outside of your thigh as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 times to each side.