Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran Kumar DamerlaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my son 2 years old is suffering with heavy fever from 22 feb 2017, after treatment of oral based on our doctor's advise on 26 feb 2017 we admitted my son in children hospital. CRP level is 64. After two days of treatment the CRP level is decreased to 16. The fever also comes down from 104 F to 97 F. After one day of discharging from hospital my son again suffering with fever with 100 F temperature. In case sheet LRTI WITH SEPSIS. Now medicines are cefbact 750 mg through IV, linezolid, crocin DS, ascoril, maxtra and also nebulization. I search on the internet for this problem, there are many articles on this problem, I am fearing about my son future after the reading those articles. Please advice me the exact details and remedies.
Hello my wife has 7 month baby now and now she has a problem of milk so what should she take for that problem?
Hearing loss is experienced by millions of people these days. Ageing is not the only factor that brings hearing impairment. The causes are many. Certain medications, continuous exposure to loud noise, genetic involvement, injury and some medical conditions may cause hearing loss.
There are quite a few myths that people have come to believe about hearing loss over the years. Since it is such a common phenomenon, here we take a look at the common myths surrounding hearing loss.
Myth no. 1: Hearing loss is exclusive to elderly.
Fact: As said before, hearing loss can be an outcome of various causes. Nearly half of the people suffering from the same are below the age of 55 years. No matter what your age is, you must always get your ears checked, especially if you are feeling that are you missing things.
Myth no. 2: Diagnosing hearing loss is easy.
Fact: Most people do not come to know about the condition until it gets worse. Also, your physician never really checks for hearing loss symptoms in a general check-up unless you ask for it specifically.
So, always get a check-up done, like you do for other probable diseases.
Myth no. 3: There's no effective solution for hearing loss.
Fact: Like there have been advancements in the medical field for everything else, there are aids available these days that improve your hearing and have finer adjustments for noise adaptation. Also, there are certain other procedures and surgeries that have proved to improve the condition in many.
So, seek help as soon as possible.
Myth no. 4: The sounds aren't loud enough; my ears are healthy and fine.
Fact: If there is a problem you're experiencing with hearing, you have got to accept that and get it treated. Avoiding a certain condition will only get things worse for you.
Also, hearing aids are no more a stigma. Ear aid devices have designs similar to earphones these days, which are comfortable enough to wear. Ignoring a medical condition or inability to accept the same would only do more harm instead of making things fine.
Can you please help me out for feeding pattern for my son who is now 15 month old. What should be best for feeding to make him healthy or what should be avoided?
My son of 50 days old is not getting sufficient Breast milk from his mother. Is there any medicine to increase Breast milk for my child or any other powder food can take. Mother is 26 year old.
My grandson is two years old yet he is not speaking. We are doing speech therapy, can we consult a children phycotist?
Whooping cough, also known as pertussis, is a highly communicable respiratory disease, which particularly affects babies younger than 6 months and who haven't been vaccinated yet. It can also affect children of 11 to 18 years of age who suffer from low immunity.
If the diagnosis of a whooping cough is done at an early stage, antibiotics of suitable dosage could help cut down coughing and few other symptoms. Doing so will also help prevent the infection from spreading to others.
What causes a whooping cough?
1. Bordetella pertussis bacteria
A whooping cough, characterised by a 'whooping sound', is caused by a bacterial infection called bordetella pertussis. The bacteria when inhaled get attached to the lining of the airways in your child's upper respiratory system, wherein they release toxins to cause swelling and inflammation. It's mostly transmitted to you from your infant, especially when he/she is in the early stages of the infection and hasn't been diagnosed yet. It can last about three weeks, this duration is reducible to five days, by antibiotic treatment.
2. Transmission from an infected person
When anyone infected with the disease sneezes or coughs, the droplets in the surrounding become infected. Young children who come in contact with the contaminated surrounding may get infected by the same bacteria.
How to recognise the signs of whooping cough?
The symptoms tend to worsen gradually and become worse at night, there are bouts of a cough as the airway gets irritated by the bacterial toxin leading to swelling and inflammation and mucus production with airway spasm.
You know that your child has this condition if he/she displays the following symptoms:
Moreover, children under 18 months of age affected with whooping cough should be watched at carefully as persistent coughing can disrupt their breathing process. Young babies with severe conditions may even need hospital care. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My daughter has allergic problem in out side food she get rashes on hand and legs she feel like doing scratches suggests me some medicine.
Born baby on 4 mar16 discharged on 6 mar16. Checked by paediatric on 4 mar. On 7mar other doctor advised test in bilirubin found 30.6. Is this possible in a day. Or first doctor failed 2 diagnose. Baby was hospitalized for blood transfusion. Kindly advise.
Scabies is a contagious disease that is caused by small insects called mites, primarily the ‘human itch mite’. Small blisters are formed along the trail where the mites lay the eggs. You may experience symptoms of intense itching at night. The usual spots where scabies usually tend to develop are the fingers, armpits, elbows and the inner thighs.
This disease can spread by touch; sharing toiletries or sleeping with an infected person all contribute to the spread of this disease. The eggs and the feces of the mites in the burrows of the skin are what cause the itching in scabies. The eggs and the feces usually trigger allergic reactions on the skin.
The various homeopathic treatments for scabies are:
1. Carbo-veg: This remedy is effective when you experience dry abrupt eruptions on the body. Symptoms of itching tend to aggravate at night, especially during undressing. There is usually a smelly discharge from the infected areas.
2. Arsenic album: This remedy is used to treat scabies eruptions which appear on the bends of the knees. The burning and itching sensations tend to worsen at night.
3. Causticum: This is used to treat symptoms of scabies which include wet pustules with foul smelling pus. In this case, the skin develops a yellowish hue along with the presence of warts. Coughing and sneezing can lead to involuntary urination.
4. Hepar sulph: Hepar sulph is used when symptoms of crusty pustules develop on the hands, folds of the skin and the feet. The skin becomes sensitive to cold weather and the pustules have a cheese like discharge.
5. Lycopodium: Lycopodium is used to treat symptoms of scabies that occur on the genitals, scalp and the abdomen. Exposure to anything warm can aggravate the condition and intensify the itching. The pustules are moist and yellowish brown in color. The itching usually subsides if the skin comes in contact with anything cold.
Hi m having 2mnth baby. Since my breastfeeding is not much so I have to giv my baby dexolac. Can I giv him cow milk? Will it be ok? Else with wat should I feed him to improve his health? please help.
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
My baby is of 3 years & 8 months old. He is not going to potty from the last days. Even if he go, he will do it in small. He is facing this problem frequently kindly suggest medication.
I am 40 years old. I had little enquiry my son 14 years old he had constipation problem from which sometimes he faces hyper acidity, stomach ache, n sometime vomiting due to hyperacidity. Pimples on his face do let know any medicine regarding this. Thanks.
Sir, my son who is 4.5 year weighing 20 is having chronic tonsillitis for last 2 years, when I consulted ENT surgeon, suggested for operation, kindly advice.
My daughter is unable to suck milk from my breast as there is less milk please hlp me how I increase my breast milk.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups