Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khushboo BaldwaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen. Doctor give me lamox-dc, sengvital, flexon for three days. After taking these medicine I got relief, can I continue with this.
Hi there is problem in my teeth. My teeth are becoming yellow continuously. What can I do? Please advise.
Hi sir I have problem with my teeth. Whenever I took some cold item to food or drink I feel sensitivity in my teeth. And some time I found blood in the time of brush in the morning. So please give some suggestion for this.
Hi. I have throat pain from last 3 days. I am not able to swallow any thing. please advice me what to do.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes? Is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
Sir I have a teeth problem. When I eat some fruit like apple. There is blood came. And I feel much pain. What can I do?
Hi I have 2, 3 ulcers (chala) in my mouth for 1 week I am taking one becosules capsule daily in the morning but it is not getting reduced I am drinking lot of water, lassi, etc etc Still ulcer is getting big What should I do? Should I take 2 capsules or anything else?
Hello sir, I often get a headache and my teeth are also becoming black day by day. Please tell me what should i do?
Hi During brushing my teeth, the labial part got infected. So what kind of treatment I can prefer. please suggest.
I am a 50 years old man. Diabetic for the past 5 years. I have severe problem of gums bleeding. What should I do?
Hi I'm chewing gutika for past 10 year daily 10 packets. I want to quit know. Daily I'm reducing by 2 or 3 packet. I am not able to quit after chewing gutika I feel like getting head ache.In morning when I woke up little bit bleeding comes and I get bad breath so please help me to quit .Some time on chest reddish patches occurs n disappear after some time I'm so afraid.
My daughter is of 8 loose her tooth 2 month ago but new tooth doesnt grow. Is there any prob or its natural?
Hello madam/sir, I am putting braces on teeth before that doctor as put some rubber kind of material in my mouth from last 2 days, which is paining terrible to me, so will you please suggest me some medicine or exercise.
Hi doctor my name is ali and my age is 22 years old I am suffering from bad breath from my mouth I showed to dentist but he suggested me to meet to stomach doctor because of stomach problems you are facing bad breath.please suggest me some remedies to overcome from my bad breath I feel very shameful when I speak to my office team please help.
I am 25year old. My gums got swollen and bleeding plus smelling starts, so what to do to tightening the gums.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do? at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.