Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Khazi Syed Asif HussainYour feedback matters!
I play cricket that's why I am getting rashes on my hands which gets expose to sun due which I get itching every now and then. So what should I do?
I am 24 years old and I have skin problem for about 5 years, it is present only on my neck and no where else. How to get rid of it ?
Hi. Doctor. I am in my 3rd trimester that means 7 th month. After I got pregnent my skin got so dull and I feel that I have a weight loss but my doctor told me that the weight is right. What should I do to regain my previous figure.
I have very dry skin, I want to look fair in which way I can look fair I mean I look like very lean are as a patient so plzz help me.
Iam 18 years old. I have a good skin tone. But my lips are black and I don't have any bad habits, how to get pink lips.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.