Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kesava Rao NYour feedback matters!
Hi i m 23 years old. I have burning sensation in throat and ear pain from 3 weeks. What should i do?
I have headache for a long time I takes medicine regular but I don't getting relief what I do tell me?
I am having an problem of itching. At night when I lay on the bed itching started near my penis and testis. And all parts near the testis started itching. please doctor help me. Due to this I feel irritation.
From last two days I am not taking the proper sleep due to some pain in head. Please suggest me for proper guidance.
Hi, I am worried about my fertility status. I have an excessive desire to masturbate and does that almost daily. I am not married yet, but about to in another 5-6 months. Can't bear the humiliation if my fertility status turns out to be on negative side. Kindly help me out.
I am 59 years old and recently when I tested my blood sugar on fasting was 126and after break fast it was 238. What should I do? please advise.
I am suffering for cold what should I do to get rid from cold and headache? What are the symptoms for malaria?
If I masturbate at over excitement the semen will comes on 30 seconds is normal or what? Tell me sir.
I want abs for that I am escaping dinner instead of that I am taking protein shake. Is it okay or not? . I loose 3 kgs in 15 days but. I got constipation problem.
Hi it's about my 14 month child maire. She is having loose stools for about two months. During the period she had following medicine prescribed by pediatrician. Econorm, taxim o, z & D, enterogermina oral suspension. After lots of medications and home remedies now she is having a watering stool once or twice in a whole day. She is completely on formula milk 6 times and hardly two times solid food. Doctor suggested lactose free milk as she may have lactose intolerance. Our regular doctor is unable to come up with solution for this. Kindly help us out.
Im 24 year old guy. When I use to masturbate it is totally fine. Yesterday I thought of having sex first time with a girl but I was not excited nor my penis get erected. Advice me?
I have migraine since 30 years. At the time of pain I am using" Vasograin" tablets. Is there any side effects over usage of the above tablets.
Should ragi malt be avoided when the baby is having cough and fever. What is the diet to be followed when 8 month old baby is having cough and fever.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.
In case of these symptoms, it is advised to get your risks assessed at a timely basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Diabetes is a complex group of diseases with a variety of causes. People with diabetes have high blood glucose, also called high blood sugar or hyperglycemia.
Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism, the way the body uses digested food for energy. The digestive tract breaks down carbohydrates, sugars and starches found in many foods, into glucose, a form of sugar that enters the bloodstream. Diabetes develops when the body doesn't make enough insulin or is not able to use insulin effectively, or both.
The two main types of diabetes are:
Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 diabetes typically occurs in children and young adults, though it can appear at any age. In the past, type 1 diabetes was called juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
Heredity plays an important part in determining who is likely to develop type 1 diabetes. Genes are passed down from biological parent to child.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes develops most often in middle-aged and older people who are also overweight or obese. The disease, once rare in youth, is becoming more common in overweight and obese children and adolescents. Type 2 diabetes is caused by a combination of factors, including insulin resistance, a condition in which the body's muscle, fat, and liver cells do not use insulin effectively.
Physical Inactivity, Obesity, and Diabetes: Physical inactivity and obesity are strongly associated with the development of type 2 diabetes. People who are genetically susceptible to type 2 diabetes are more vulnerable when these risk factors are present. About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese.
An imbalance between caloric intake and physical activity can lead to obesity, which causes insulin resistance and is common in people with type 2 diabetes. Central obesity, in which a person has excess abdominal fat, is a major risk factor not only for insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes but also for heart and blood vessel disease, also called cardiovascular disease (CVD). This excess belly fat produces hormones and other substances that can cause harmful, chronic effects in the body such as damage to blood vessels.
So, measuring your waist is a quick way of assessing your diabetes risk. This is a measure of abdominal obesity, which is a particularly high-risk form of obesity. Women have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes if their waist measures 80cm (31.5 inches) or more. Asian men with a waist size of 89cm (35 inches) or more have a higher risk, as do white or black men with a waist size of 94cm (37 inches) or more.
Simple Steps to Lower Your Risk: Making a few lifestyle changes can dramatically lower the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. The same changes can also lower the chances of developing heart disease and other life taking cancers.
1. Control Your Weight: Being overweight increases the chances of developing type 2 diabetes seven-fold. Being obese makes you 20 to 40 times more likely to develop diabetes than someone with a healthy weight. Losing weight can help if your weight is above the healthy-weight range. Check your BMI. Losing 7 to 10 percent of your current weight can cut your chances of developing type 2 diabetes in half.
2. Get Moving and Turn Off the Television: Inactivity promotes type 2 diabetes. Working your muscles more often and making them work harder improves their ability to use insulin and absorb glucose. This puts less stress on your insulin-making cells.
3. Tune Up Your Diet: Four dietary changes can have a big impact on the risk of type 2 diabetes-
Choose whole grains and whole grain products over highly processed carbohydrates.
- Skip the sugary drinks, and choose water, coffee, or tea instead.
- Choose good fats instead of bad fats.
- Limit red meat and avoid processed meat; choose nuts, whole grains, poultry, or fish instead.
If you are already suffering from diabetes, then do take a walk everyday and adopt healthy eating habits. Along with that relieve your stress and take proper doses of insulin or medications as prescribed by your doctor.