Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I haven't period for more than 4 months. I'm not pregnant I'm not STD positive. But I have weakness. What will be the treatment should be for it?
One of the most debilitating psychological conditions is Anorexia Nervosa, an eating disorder which is also the leading reasons of psychological deaths. This eating disorder is characterized by intense fear of gaining weight or body dysmorphia, where an individual believes that they are severely overweight or obese even when they are healthy. It results in obsession with becoming dangerously thin. The condition has several signs, including less than normal weight, obsession with constantly monitoring food and intake of calories, negative body image, extreme exercise and phobia of eating foods that may make one fat.
Some of the symptoms of anorexia nervosa include significant weight loss due to restricted food intake, distorted body image, constipation and yellowish skin, dental decay, hyperactivity and sleep difficulties, weight obsession, fine downy hair on face and arms, frequent problems with digestion, mood swings and anxiety, preoccupation with food and menstrual irregularities. Anorexia usually is a result of physical, emotional and social triggers.
Some of the causes are mentioned below.
1. Extreme dieting : Dieting affects the way your brain and metabolism work. Women who diet to the extreme tend to gain weight back and go on the diet cycle again. This cycle results in stresses on the body and leads to development of eating disorders.
2. Runs in family : People with eating disorder like anorexia are likelier to have family history of the disorder, obesity or other mood disorders.
3. Lower self-esteem : Low self-confidence and negative body image perpetuated by the medical one of the main causes of growing number of eating disorders.
4. Emotional imbalance: Perfectionist and certain personality characteristics. Women who are emotionally restrained are more likely to develop the condition.
5. Obsession : To have feelings of obsession/compulsion (even when it isn’t clinically diagnosed OCD).
6. Biological factors: Puberty and pressures or stresses at school including bullying, other biological factors and malnutrition.
7. Certain life events: Stressful life event such as breakdown of a relationship, physical abuse, death in the family
If you suspect that you or someone you know has anorexia, ensure that you refer them to a psychologist. Anorexia can be life-threatening over the years and needs instant support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Total hysterectomy done on 20 sept 15 whats precautions take during heal up doctor given auto dissolved stretches.
I am suffering from POCS/POCD. Which cause delay in pregnancy. I am taking treatment from last 2 year. But I didn't get any benefit. please advice me.
Hello Dr. I am soumya and i am 9 months pregnant my baby bump is low and want to know the gender of my baby. Hbr is 140 at 12 weeks and it is 157 in 6 months scan and in 8th month scan it is 137. Now it is at 142. Baby is in anterior upper segment grade 3. With these may I know the gender of my baby. And I have scan reports also. If we cannot measure the gender with these information. What info is necessary. Thank you.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: this is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: this is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: this remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: this is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.
My sister has 24weeks old to 2nd pregnancy and 28years old too: In ANP (antenatal profile) report, white blood cells count 11500 (but range 4000 to 10000 shows). Is there any effects please tell me and remedy too.
I am 24 years old and I have a small doubt i. E I involved in sex with my girlfriend on 25 of this month with condoms and her periods date is january 14. Is there any chance of pregnancy and suggest safety days to have sex without protection.
Hi I am 20 years old and has thyroid and also PCOS. But all the levels are controlled. I was taking Novelon for PCOS and after stopping that my hairball has become also fast that in 20 days I lost more than lacs of hair I have photo too for few collected ones. I have lot of dandruff too. Please help me what can I do. I ma on homeopathy for PCOS.
Me and my girlfriend had intercourse on 2 Mar and she took IDOZ 72 in 3hrs, from 11 of March she is bleeding with cramps. Today bleeding stopped, is the bleeding is because of pill or it is due to periods. Normally her periods last for 7-8 days. As bleeding happened can she still be pregnant?
I am 28 years old and have pregnency for 3 months. I have a lot of vomitting and cannot take food properly. As I eat, I vomit. I have back pain also. What should I do?
My wife's periods started on 11th april and ended on 13th april. We had unprotected sex on 14th april and I gave her unwanted 72 pill on 16th in afternoon. Again on 16th april night we had unprotected sex. And on 18th april unprotected unprotected sex. Now 72 hrs will be finished on 19th night (taking base of 16th unprotected unprotected sex) so shall I give her unwanted 72 pill on 19th morning? Please answer its very urgent.
Hi, I am 26 years old girl married one and half years before and I am trying for pregnancy but would not attain being both of us are having good sex, kindly advice any medicine to be taken for this.
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
Related Tip: All About Irregular Periods - Their Types and Causes