Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kasturi PushpaYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife is 22 years old. She feels breast mouse in the time between her ovulation and period. The inner tumor like things are grown in this time and after period, they are gradually gone. What should we do?
Is thr any anaesthetic ointment to be used in vagina before intercourse yo avoid painful sex. please suggest n let me know how to use.
My wife is in the first trimester of pregnancy. She is having cold and cough and our doctor advised not to take talked. So what is the home remedy to be followed?
Doctor said I am 4-6 Weeks Pregnant with a BHCG Value of 324. On the day of testing morning I had One drop of Blood. Later in the evening again one drop and next day morning also I had one drop. Kindly Suggest, Is this normal to have such or it could be dangerous.
Those 4-6 days in the month are the most painful for women. They are also very depressing. There are a lot of things which can help the pain go away, however, it is highly important for the woman to take proper care of her health during this time of the month. Besides maintaining a personal hygiene, these are the habits that you need to stop doing:
1. Wearing the same pad for the whole day can cause vaginal infections and produce bad odor. The pads need to be changed in every 3-5 hours no matter if you bleed heavily, or not.
2. You are already feeling pain, thus do not push yourselves in giving more pain. Do not do things like waxing or planning a root canal.
3. Having an unexpected sex during the period brings high chances of getting infections. For this reason you better avoid sexual intercourse during your periods.
4. You can harm your body and give strain to it if you do rigorous exercises during period.
5. Do not skip meals during your periods as you already lose a lot of energy and blood. Take 3 proper meals and some snacks in between.
6. Avoid cravings for food in the middle of the night as it will do harm to your body. It is not able to digest all that greasy food which gets in.
7. Menstrual cramps may make it hard to fall asleep during the night, but it is highly recommend to have a good night’s sleep and relax your body due to the strain you’ve been experiencing for the whole day.
8. Milk products can worsen the cramps during your period as they contain arachidonic acid, thus avoid consuming them.
9. Do not involve yourself in watching depressing movies, or listening to sad songs because all this may affect your psychological health.
Before how many days of next menstrual cycle do a female get white fluid discharge which she usually used to get .at whatdays of periods what discharges are observed .
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
1. Exercise can make you skinny
Not true! If you don't curb your intake, exercise can actually make you more efficient and cause more fat deposition. Exercise is important for maintaining health and strength, but just don't believe the myth that you can lose fat by exercising.
(calories in) - (calories out) = (stable weight)
2. Eating less fat causes weight loss
Another common myth is that low-fat diet causes weight loss. Over 60% of the population is overweight, and about one fifth of the entire population is either diabetic or pre-diabetic! Low-fat diets don't lower body fat.
3. Low thyroid causes weight gain
People who still believe that they are overweight because of a 'thyroid problem', should reconsider that notion. Multiple studies on the effects of thyroid on weight have failed to find a connection and yet the myth persists. There are many medical doctors and other practitioners that perpetuate this myth, telling people, 'It's not your fault, it's your thyroid'. They are then given thyroid hormones to take, but don't lose weight.
4. Diet pills help you lose weight
All of the studies done on diet pills show a short-term loss of weight with a long-term gain. Moreover, they cause brain dysfunction. Why are they still used? Because of public demand. People are trying to appear to be healthy with drugs that are actually harming their health. Diet pills, whether over-the-counter or prescription are not the answer to being overweight.
5. High-nutrient-and-low-calorie foods are expensive!
Of course, ounce-for-ounce you will find that organic foods cost more than those smothered in pesticides, and prepared foods seem to cost less than their unadulterated counterparts, but this isn't the whole picture. Eating smaller amounts of grass fed meat, or wild caught fish maybe twice per week, and having organic fruit and vegetables instead of packaged snacks is actually less expensive. People who are eating nutritious foods don't eat when they aren't hungry, whereas snack foods are eaten for taste and hunger doesn't matter. That's why people get fat on snack foods. Moreover, preparing the food in your home will save lots of money over going to restaurants.
6. Skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight and improve your health
In fact, eating three meals a day may actually help to stave off obesity! Studies show that skipping meals slows down metabolism as the body's tries to reserve its energy stores for daily function. And skipping meals increases the likelihood of overeating or even binge eating later in the day.
7: Body fat is bad for you
Actually, without body fat, your organs would not function properly, your bones would break easier, you would have impaired cognitive ability, and you would be putting yourself at risk for a heart attack. Body fat itself is not bad for you. How much of it, what type, and where a person's fat is stored on their body makes a difference.The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health, fat storage on the hips and thighs is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes in both men and women.
8: Being fat is worse for your health than being thin
Here's the biggest shocker, and a fact that sadly goes unnoticed; the risk of death from a very low BMI is greater than for someone at a high BMI! Skinny people die as a result of their weight than fat people do.
Warning, being as thin as this airbrushed model's image may be hazardous to your health."
9: Genetic makeup will not allow an Individual to be lean and fit
Obesity tends to run in families. A genetic cause is indicated; though it must be remembered that family members share not only genes, but also their diet and lifestyle habits. Individuals cannot change their genes, but they can change what they eat and how active they are. Even individuals who are genetically predisposed to obesity need not become obese, they can manage to lose weight and keep it off.
10: Weight gain in women over time is healthy and part of a natural aging process.
Weight gain of more than 20 pounds is not a normal part of the maturation process. It may actually increase a woman's risk of an obesity related disease.
My wife is pregnant but I do not give sufficient time for care. Her bleeding so heavy. So what shall I do?
I wanna know by fingering vagina is their any chance of pregnancy and I touched my penis thn I done fingering but m not sure my finger is contact with sperm so please give suggest m stress and if any chance what to take please advise soon.
I am 24 year old. I have pcos. I got married 7 months ago. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting pain in left side lower abdomen and pelvis but no bleeding. I had ultrasound scanning 10 days back and it showed only small cysts nothing else. Please help me why I am getting the pain. I am really worried about it.
I have a black spot on my face both chick. My hb is medium to low. Sometimes before 3 days of monthly period I am very tired and pain in my head. Please give me solutions of this problem.
I am 23 yrs old. I have been suffering from irregular periods since 4 years. I took a numerous medication including allopathy, ayurvedic and homeopathy. After taking the medicines I get my regular periods for the next month. Then again the problem of not getting periods for 2 to 3 months continues. Instead I get more of white discharge. I was advice to exercise on a regular basis. I did everything but the problem is still persisting. What should I really do? Please help me.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.