Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karunakar B
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Karunakar BYour feedback matters!
I have shortsighted vision of power -7.0 and -6.5 and planning to undergo surgery. Based on the tests conducted the surgeon claimed since the corneal thickness is less I have to undergo ICL surgery instead of LASIK. Also, I was given an option of IPCL as well which is similar to ICL but the lens is India made also there is a quite price variance in both of the above. I'm in dilemma to choose among the two ICL or IPCL? Please suggest.
I have red eyes sometime. My specs no. Is 0.50R n0.75L. But m not using specs, coz I feel uncomfortable. But things r not so clear. What could I do for improving eye sight instead using specs?
I have a pain in my eyes, I have number -1 in left eye? What can I do at home with home care products?
I had keratoconus. I finished doing C3R+RING treatment about 1.5 mounth ago. Now i was diagnosed to have iritis . Dr gave me L pred 3 times for 1 month as drops. Now i finished 25 days. The pain reduced . But not completely as my normal eye before. I find looking to bright areas difficult. Will it be all right after sometime?
I sometimes feel like my right eye went somewhat Inside, I was actually hit by my friends leg in the same eye before and sometimes feels like opening it widely to match the other eye but don't know if it happening because of that hit or may be it is normal or something, waiting for the quick answer. Thanks in advance.
We are trying to make operation for eyes by using laser operation to my father can you please suggest after operation how many days he has to take rest nd how much cost for the operation nd is it good Is any other side effects Will appear to him.
I am having eye problem I have got dust in my I I can feel it but we tried Manny things It can not be seen.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time - avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes - this habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep - Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 13 years old boy. I am suffering from eye redness, etching, discharge, rainbow.from last 1 years. My Iop also fluctuate. I have take so many medicine like acupat, occugel,gdfresh, lotepred,beipos, lotel,lotelfored, entrak (eye ointment. At this time acupat is continuing and eye is in not a well condition and felling rainbow. I want to stop this medicine so get me better advice.
People may have weak eyes due to a variety of reasons. Astigmatism happens to be one of those reasons. When one is affected by astigmatism, it results in blurry vision. The eye has a part called the cornea, which is the outermost layer of the eye and is responsible for allowing light to enter. When the cornea is not shaped as it should be, it leads to astigmatism.
However, this is not the only condition under which it can occur. In fact, there are two different types of astigmatism. One is corneal astigmatism which is the result of an odd-shaped cornea. The other is lenticular astigmatism, which occurs when the lens has an incorrect shape. More often than not, people are born with astigmatism. However, there are chances of developing this eye disorder after an eye injury or after an eye disease.
How to diagnose?
There are a few ways in which astigmatism can be diagnosed.
- One of the most popular methods is the visual acuity test. This measures the distance at which a letter is read clearly, as compared to what it should be.
- Another way is by refraction. By placing lenses in front of the eyes, the way they focus light is measured.
- The third way by which astigmatism can be detected is by keratometry, also known as topography. Light is focused on the cornea and the reflection is measured to find the curvature of that area.
The easiest way to go about treating astigmatism is by using corrective lenses. This is usually the method of treatment for people whose astigmatism is not that bad. The lenses could either be a part of spectacles or used as contact lenses. The good part about contact lenses is that the field of view is wider.
Orthokeratology (Ortho-k) works to improve astigmatism by using lenses as well. However, the lenses are of the hard variety. These lenses are useful for corneal astigmatism patients as they reshape the eye. Usually, they are worn while sleeping and most people can have normal vision the next day. However, if one stops using them, the eye goes back to its original state. So, they are not a permanent solution.
Surgery, however, can be a permanent solution to astigmatism. LASIK and PRK are two of the most popular types. RK is also popular, but to a lesser extent. It is good to remember that the risks of surgery should be discussed with a doctor prior to undergoing one. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!