Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanakasena Reddy
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kanakasena ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old fit lady. I have knee joint pain and back pain but not much. What should I do? Also I feel low energy always.
Love to wear high heels? I know I do, especially seductive 6 inch heels! They make legs look great, but make your feet feel like dropped 100 old school dictionaries on them by the end of a long night. Here are a few stretches you can do to ease your sore feet after a long day or night of prancing around in your stilettos.
Shin and Ankle Stretch
Your shins and the top of your toes will feel great relief with this move.
Using a chair or bench sit down. Place your right ankle on your left knee (bending your right leg).
Grab the toes of your right foot and pull back, putting your foot in a pointed position. Push your right foot forward in order to make the stretch more intense.
Hold for 10 to 15 seconds, and then switch sides.
Towel Foot Stretch
This move loosens up your calves and provides relief to the soles of your feet.
Sit on the floor and stretch both of your legs out in front of you.
Bend your left leg and keep your right leg stretched out on the floor.
Using a hand towel with each end in one of your hands place the ball of your right foot in the center of the towel.
Pull back on the towel towards your chest while keeping the right leg straightened.
To intensify the stretch begin to bend the right knee slightly.
Hold for 10-15 and then repeat with the other foot.
This move targets ankles and opens up the hips.
Go down into a lunge position with your right knee forward.
Lower your left knee completely to the floor.
Rest hands on the ground directly in line with your shoulders.
Begin to lower your right leg and knee to the right.
Keep your arms straight and your hands should be resting now on the inner side of your right foot.
Press your chest forward to intensify the stretch.
Hold for 10-15 sec and then switch.
Flexed-Feet Wall Stretch
Your posture can shift from having your calves in a constant flexed position while in heels. This move will help to loosen your calves and prevent lower back pain you may experience from your disturbed posture.
Stand in front of a wall and place your hands out onto it directly in front of your shoulders.
Walk your hands down the wall as you lean back.
Lift your toes and shift your weight into the heels.
Continue to walk your hands down the wall as far down as you can go.
You will feel the stretch get more intense the further down you go.
Hold for 10-15 seconds and then repeat.
My grandmother is having pain in her back and other joints. I have tried other medicines also but have no effect.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.