Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kamran AzamYour feedback matters!
I have suddenly started running. From past one week I am having pain in my right knee below the knee cap on the inner side. The pain is bearable but has made my gait awkward. I experience pain while walking. Could this be a ligament tear?
My sister is spondylitis patient unka spinal cord ka operation v ho chuka h 2 sal phle, operation successful v rh but unko hmesha headache and body pain, joint pain hota h. Avi ek week phle unhone apne Dr. se cnslt kiya to unhone bht sare test krwae r blood rprt me aya k unko vit D ki deficiency h atleast35 hona chahye bt meri sis ka 4 hogya h. please suggest something k vit D k level ko kaise normal kiya ja skta h aur unke lye koi aur advice jsse unko relief mile. Thank you.
I am 29 year old male have backpain last few months. I have used pain relief cream but haven't relief. Please tell me what should I do.
Many ladies have back pain after they have gone through scerein delivery. What exercise can be done to avoid this back pain?
I am 21 Years old male person I am suffering with backpain around one week I can not do any work what can I do.
I am 47 year old female, I have joints pains in my whole body, difficult to move and swelling in my feet and weakness, what should I do?
I have a problem in my back. Pain. In back side. When I sit down for some hours. It happens. What I do for this reason.
I am suffering from disc problem.My MRI report shown that a gains is slightly curved. Doctor said that if it will not cure through medicine,operation will be done.This problem is from last one year and I am very afraid from operation.
I am suffering from pain in my legs and ankle and specially on my left ankle. My vitamin d3 level is 15. What kind of food I take to gain my level and what kind of exercise I will do? I always feel tiredness. After wake up from sleep I feel pain in my legs and ankle and some burning sensation. What should I do.
I am 24 year old male. I am having back pain while doing exercises. Especially while doing crunches and table push ups. I have these in order to reduce belly fat. What should I do?
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries??
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.