Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KalyaniYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old my face is an oil face so pimples and black mark are there so I look black how to become white?
I am getting many pimples on my face, it's v painful. N redness is also thr. N m getting pigmentation too.
I am 23 old and having hairfall at high rate from last 1 year so please tell me what to do as I feel very low esteemed and less confident.
I am suffering from pimples and acne please give me some homemade remedies so that I can cure that please help me.
My skin is very sensitive and my face is getting darker losing the original complexion and glow. I'm working right now. What should I do to keep it healthy.
Sir I am 18 year old and my hair Is falling rapidly and I am in a very big problem. I am using tablets follitop. So what should I do?
Hello sir, Please tell me is there any permanent solution to get ride of blackheads and unglowing skin.
Hlo dcts! Plzz suggest some way to get rid of dark skin of Tammy and neck. Is vit e capsules work, how do they work good, orally or externally and do they have any side effect? Plzz suggest.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
Here are some natural Ayurvedic home remedies, which are helpful for psoriasis patients:
- Cover the affected part with a banana leaf to fade the reddish patches.
- Soak 15 sesame seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it early morning on an empty stomach.
- Consume half a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning for 5-6 months.
For more information, you can consult a professional Ayurvedic practitioner.