Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Vidyarthi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana VidyarthiYour feedback matters!
Age 25 legs pain as I start walking taken many medicines as concerned by doctor but no result found pls help.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have my hands swollen for more than 1 month. I first it was only for 1 day. But increased exponentially. please help me.
The concern of the patient is more related to the fear of something wrong, rather than the pain itself, which may be quite bearable. Before you go to consult to your doctor for your back problem, go though the checklist mentioned here, and you will be easily able to make out if your problem needs treatment or a good physiotherapy and life style modification.
Lets start with the statics.
1) back pain the most common reason for people to consult physician.
2) majority of them (and believe me about 80 to 85%) are functional which means they are not a disease but are due to improper lifestyle.
3) 10 to 15% of them are related to some pathology, and only these patients need medical help.
I know the next question in your mind, how do I know if my back pain need further consultation from a doctor, or I just want to need a physio and life style modification.
If you have any of these signs then you need consultation with a doctor.
1) duration of back pain more than 2 months.
2) localized back pain with stiffness in the morning,
3) pain not getting resolved despite good physio efforts and life style modifications
4) pain in the back with radiation to one of the legs, ie leg pain with back pain.
5) back pain associated with fever, appetite loss, or weight loss.
6) back pain with pain mainly in the night, and it arises you from sleep.
7) any association of weakness in the legs or numbness on walking.
Posture correction while work is the major remedy for postural back pain and this group is quite large.
1) use firm mattress for rest. Not a very soft one.
2) adequate support to the back while sitting on the chair, back should be kept straight but not strained.
3) regular back muscle strengthening exercises is must with this group.
When your back pain is not functional, then a consultation with your doctor is a must, most of the time the first doctor we consult is a physician, these days people are getting aware and consult an orthopaedic or a neuro surgeon. My advise is to consult a spine surgeon who are trained specially to deal with such problems. The usual examination is followed by certain blood tests and radiological investigations, like x rays and mri scanning. Out of these pathological type majority will not need surgery.
Keep strengthening your back, and prevent back pain. Remember physiotherapy (exercises) are to be done to prevent back pain and not to cure it.