Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.V. Sivaram Krishna
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K.V. Sivaram KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Hello I play cricket on weekends and from past 1 month after playing for around 2-3 hours my legs start paining from between shin area or fibula area, I am a fast bowler and this pain affects my walking and running activities, please suggest what should I do, I love playing.
I am a 70 years old suffering from osteoarthritis of both knees for several years. I also have prominent varicose veins behind the knees. What are my treatment options? there are full page ads by healthcare clinic in the newspapers claiming cure?Kindly advise.
Hello, A weekend trekking to high altitude places causing knee pain and cramps while descending back. suggestions please.
Hi sir problem is I feel something crawling in my veins also I feel weakness in my muscles from wrist to fingers and below knee it seems like something irritating happening also in inner muscle below knee I feel irritations irritations is not so intense or painful it is unexplained actually also I work on keyboard I feel my thumb or lady finger work slowly and don't respond properly also it shakes frequently. I get confused as well if things don't happen quickly I feel strange irritations in my head and body I get quickly angy as we'll as well I feel like and keep stretching my body to stretch muscles. Also I see my skin on leg, arn shake automatically.
I have joint pain and slight pain on neck area. I am using hot water bag to get relief. Please suggest me what should I do?
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people.
Related Tip: Arthritis - A Simple Guide to conquer arthritis and relieving pain?