Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. V Siva Ramakrishna
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K. V Siva RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old boy. I am having a knee joint pain since a week I cannot sit with folded for a long time. Please refer which Dr. Should I consult? What can be the reason of my pain at this age?
Jab me beth kar uthti hoon to mere ghutno se awaaz aati hai .Suna hai ki ghutno me greese khatam ho jati hai. Is it true. Please samadaan bataye.
Sometimes I feel burning sensation in my hands when I hold my phone for some time. Is this normal also my smartphone has sharp edges.
When to go for uric acid test, suffering from muscles pain since 6 months, What are symptoms of increased uric acid levels in body?
Hello doctor why now days if I am doing masturbate after 1 or 2 days when I am walking I am feeling some needle or pinching sensation in my foot after if I am not doing masturbate for 20 r 30 days it is slowly disappearing.
I am 20 years and am suffering from headache and lots of pain in back. And also lots of pimple in face. What to do rid of these problems?
My soldier down side neck backside always pain sometime my back side suddenly pain in rural language the air is stuck in the back. I consult our doctor he suggest me for physiotherapy. When I start physiotherapy, I feel better but four five months later I suffer same problem.
Have you suffered from a dislocated kneecap and are looking for effective treatment options? A dislocated kneecap is a very common form of injury that takes around six weeks time to heal. It is generally caused by a blow or a change in direction when your leg is planted on the ground. Such injuries are common during sports and dancing. The patella or knee cap, which sits at the front of the knee, glides over a groove in your joint, on straightening or bending your leg. Dislocations make it come out of the groove, leading to the tearing of the supporting tissues.
- When your kneecap gets dislocated, it is likely to look out of place, or the angle will seem odd.
- Other symptoms include severe knee pain, inability to walk, swelling of the knee, inability to straighten the knee, and a popping sensation in the knee.
- A dislocated knee cap is not something very serious and it pops back in place on its own in many cases. However, it is recommended for you to get it diagnosed and treated by a health professional.
- In case your knee cap goes back into place on its own, you should visit a minor injuries unit or MIU, or an accident and emergency department.
- If your kneecap does not go back into place by itself, you need to call an ambulance and avoid trying to put it back in place by yourself.
- On the way to the hospital, or while you wait for the ambulance to arrive, you should sit, keeping your leg in a position that is most comfortable for you.
- If your kneecap does not correct itself by the time you reach a hospital, it has to be manipulated back in place by a doctor. This process is called reduction.
- You will be given medication to ensure that you keep relaxed and free from pain during the procedure.
- After the knee cap is put back in place, an X-ray has to be undertaken to check out if your bones are in the right position. Signs of other damages are also analysed.
- After the procedure, you will be prescribed painkillers. Your leg will be immobile and put in a removable splint for some time.
- For effective recovery, you should undergo physiotherapy for several weeks.
A surgery for a dislocated kneecap may only be required to be undertaken in case of a fracture or associated injuries like a ligament tear. A surgery may also be required in case you had experienced a knee cap dislocation in the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.