Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.V.S. Narayana
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.S. NarayanaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, My son is two and half year old. But usko bolne me dikkat aa rhi hai. Mera beta bolta to hai per proper nhi bol pa rha. Mummy, papa, dada, roti, pani jaise word to proper bolta hai per puri tarah nhi bol pa rha abhi. Kya muje uske liye koi tonic ya medicine leni chahiye. Please tell me.
Hi, My 1.5 year old boy is very fussy from last 6 days ,suffering from cold and cough with phlegm, giving homeopathic medicine, when he coughs sound of phlegm Comes along, not sleeping at night, what to do and he is teething to too.
I have a son having age 5 months. But he suffering from frequent motion from last 10 days including some watery content. My paediatric prescribed cefpodoxime antibiotic but even after 10 days there is no major relief from this Please advise what shall I do.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment.
Related Tip: Permanent Cure for Anemia - Only Through Homeopathy
This is regarding my 15 month old son. And we have a concern as he is not consistent in responding to his name, is not much interested in imitating us or our actions and is not involved in a play with us (much of the time he plays with his toys on his own. He babbles mama, dada, nana. Sometimes whenever his mood but most of the time he is either just playing or sayings some mixed up words like kad kad, kidi kidi, gid gid nd like that. But he does not know recognize to say mama to his mom. Although he speaks tbe word. He is very active, walks on his own since he was 1 year old and also explores his surroundings, has no problem going to new places or travelling, smiles when we smile at him or make some funny face, likes to watch chuchu tv (we do not let him watch more than 30 min a day), imitates only some action such as if he do not know how to play a particular thing in a toay and we demonstrate, he will repeat but shows less interest in repeating our action like bye and hifi.
Hello, my baby is just of 28 days, & I didn't receive a enough milk supply as I have tried all medicines and shatavari kalpa for lactation but no use, so she is on formula feed, I want to know that shall I give her cow's milk. How often should I sterile her feeding bottle & what time before the second use, as I am doing just after the first use n keep it on room temperature & reuse it after 3-4 hr. Pls suggest.
What is diet plan for two year baby and weight is 8 kg, so weigh graining diet plan Protein powder is helpful for baby or not.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.