Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.R. PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am from Gujarat, native place is in Kerala. My creatine is 2.2. Before 5 years also my creatine was the same. I am suffering from high B.P. Also. But I have no other diseases like cholesterol, sugar etc. At present I am eating the medicine. (Bio d 3 plus, nefrosave, febuget 40, Nikadiya 20, Arkamin .) I have been continuing this medicine for 5 years. I am consulting Dr. Sujit patel (M.D)in Guajrat. My age is 39. My weight is 77. My hight is approximately 5.7. Now my problem is that there is swelling in my foot. Now what should I have to take the precaution, should I have to continue the medicine. What food should I have to eat? How much water should I have to drink?
I am male 19 years old I am having burning sensation while urinating for the past few months. What shall I do?
Hi, im asking about my mother she is suffering from urine infection, after the treatment she is having huge acidity now she can not eat any things she is vomit continue after having food. Please suggest me what is the best solution for her. She is now 48 years old. Please help us.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.