Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.V. Jagannatha Rao Naidu
Submit a review for Dr. K.V. Jagannatha Rao NaiduYour feedback matters!
Hi my father is suffering in lever cancer last stage can I know how can possible to cure the cancer?
Can urethral stricture occurs after cystoscopy in 2 to 3 months? As I start feeling pain in urethra and slow stream even after taking alpha blocker as I have prostatitis Thanks.
I am suffering from mouth cavity. And one lymph node is present in my gum for 6 to 7 month and my weight loose very fast in these days. Please suggest me? What I can do at first.
I have some problem from fat, so many doctors said that is an lymphoma. But that was an increasing so many places in my body, please tell who will give the best suggestion of my problem.
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
Dear DR, Is there any medicine in ayurveda / homeopathy for prostate enlargement, I am taking medicine from allopathy have side affects, please suggest.
Cancer in colon forms due to uncontrolled cell growth in the large intestine cells. Most colon cancers originate from the healthy cells in the lining of the colon that grow into tumors called adenomatous polyps. These polyps can be cancerous or benign. A cancerous tumor is malignant and may spread to the other parts of the body by traveling through blood and lymph systems, this process is known as metastasis. Whereas a benign tumor can grow but don’t necessarily spread to other parts of the body. It takes years for these changes to develop depending upon both genetic and environmental causes.
Causes and risk factors:
In a healthy body, the cells normally grow, divide and then die. Cancer is the result of uncontrollable cell growth where the cells do not die. Aging is one of the important risk factors for colon cancer; other risk factors include a family history of colon cancer. As per Johns LE and Houlston RS individuals with a family history of colon cancer have a high risk of developing this form of cancer as compared to those with no such history. A study conducted by Giovannucci and others in 1995, successfully established the relation between physical activity, obesity and colon cancer. As per the research lack of physical activities elevates the chance of getting colon cancer. Individuals who regularly smoke, are obese and use aspirin have a higher risk of developing this form of cancer. Diet is also an important factor, diets that are high in fat and low in fiber may elevate the risk.
The symptoms of colon cancer vary, depending upon the condition of the tumor. At the early stage, patients may experience no symptoms. However, as cancer grows, symptoms arise.
Diarrhea or constipation are common and patients may see changes in stool consistency and narrower stool.
- Abdominal discomfort
- Fullness and cramps may also indicate colon cancer.
- Sudden weight loss
- Unexplained iron deficiency (anemia) are also associated with this form of cancer.
If these symptoms last for several weeks, don’t hesitate to consult your physician.
- Colon cancer is highly treatable and depends on the type and the stage of cancer along with health and other characteristics of the patient. However, there is no single treatment; the most common options are surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- The surgery for colon cancer is known as colectomy and involves removing the affected part of the colon and the adjoining areas including nearby lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy involves killing the cancer cells by utilizing certain chemicals that interfere the cell division process and damage the proteins or DNA. In the radiation therapy, high-energy gamma rays are used to target and destroy the cancer cells. Radiotherapy can be used both as a standalone treatment and also along with other treatments.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!