Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Swarupa Rani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. Swarupa RaniYour feedback matters!
For ages, chewing gum has been a popular pastime for millions of people all over the globe. Some people chew it to fight boredom, some chew it to help them focus, and there are many others who use it for a fresh breath. Most people believe that it is okay to substitute brushing of teeth with a sugarless chewing gum, however, it is a what most people don't know is that it is a myth and an unhealthy practice.
Sadly, even though the use of chewing gum can assuredly have many positive effects, it can also put us in jeopardy. Here are some of the most common chewing gum disadvantages of chewing a gum on regular basis:
- Artificial Sweetener in Chewing Gum: Besides the sweetness, people like it for its flavor. Many people also use it as a replacement for a food craving. One fact that refrained many from consuming chewing gums was that it was loaded with sugar. However, with ever-growing awareness about consumption of sweetened products, the companies have now started offering sugar-free gum to health-conscious people which are made using artificial sweeteners. The artificial sweetener most commonly used in chewing gums is aspartame whose components metabolizes into wood alcohol and formaldehyde in the body. Both have carcinogenic properties and the body is unable to eliminate them through normal waste. These have been linked to cancers, birth defects and weight gain.
- Can Lead To Deadly Diseases: Some tooth whitening gums contain an ingredient called Titanium Dioxide. This gives the chewing gum its glossy white color. It is a dangerous compound linked to many disorders including autoimmune disorders, crohn’s disease, asthma and cancer.
- Can Lead To Gastrointestinal Problems: Gastrointestinal problems are quite common among chewing gum consumers. The symptoms include pain and cramps in abdomen, indigestion and diarrhea. Irritable bowel syndrome has been found to be associated with chewing gum eaters as chewing gum can lead to swallowing of excess air and changing of bowel habits.
- Can Lead To Tooth Decay: Dentists strongly recommend staying away from chewing gum habit, as it can be a cause of tooth decay. Chewing gum may also release mercury from Dental fillings into the system causing a host of problems.
- Link Between Having Chewing Gum and Headache: Recent research has established a link between eating chewing gum and headache and migraines. It is believed that chewing gum puts an undue pressure on temporomandibular joint causing headaches. It can also lead to pain and lack of mobility in the jaw, causing an inability to chew meals. This is called temporomandibular joint disorder and is commonly found among chewing gum lovers.
Other than these, people should also be aware of the fact that the base of a chewing gum is made from a combination of chemicals and non-edible substances, which is again harmful to the health. Although people only chew it for flavor and throw the rest, the compounds do get stuck to the linings of the mouth and enter the system. A chewing gum adds no nutritive value and diminishes a person’s ability to chew and eat normally. For its far-reaching side effects, this habit is a big no to keep. In case of a query, consult an expert & get answers!
I am 26 year old. I have a period problem. My weight also 70 kg. That's why I am suffering many problems. please give me solution.
Doctor, my dates come on 11th of every month and I have done unprotected sex on 9th of this month (2 days before my period) and consumed ipill in 24 hours. But my periods are not coming now .its 6 days late. What to do? Please help.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I fell very painful when I am in periods. It's become often. My monthly is also irregular. So what kind of medicine I can take?
Hello I am soumain dhara 23, I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend and sure the sperm is enter or not but she went to toilet after sex and she also take a I-pill in 14 hours, so she will be pregnant or not.
Recently I have got married. My sex life is also good (regular), but my wife told me that she has some pain during urine on her vagina. And she take more time to urine on bathroom. Please suggest me about the this.
Are anti pregnant pill are harmful for our pregnancy in future or is it true that if we don't get pregnant in initial years of marriage we will get some problem in getting pregnant in future?
Above things will give long life .