Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K SuneethaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir meri wife ko 3 ko period aaya Tha aur maine 10 12 14 16 17 ko sex kiya Hai mai ye janana chahta hoo ki is period mai sex karne se meri wife pregnant ho sakti hai yaa nhi because meri wife kaa pahle Miscarriage ho gaya tha but ab mai bachha chahta hoo isliye sir plzzz help me ki is baar bachha ho jayega ki nhi meri wife ko please sir help me.
Hello. I got married last year for the purpose of studies my wife is in her mothers house we meet once a week she is telling she cannot feel the intercourse in the middle she got pregnant but baby is aborted due to absence of heart beat in 4th month now we want to have baby but she cannot feel anything in intercourse she said it's paining only. She is 22 now what can I do to make her feel good in sex.
Dear Sir, My son is 12 years old, his blood report is :moderate degree of microcytic hypochromic anemia with moderate neutrophilia .so, please suggest me what treatment he has to under go.
Dr. My wife is pregnant for 5 month and her age is 25 and she is suffering from cough for 5 days please suggest me some medicine syrup of cough used in pregnancy thank you.
I had sex using condom before ten days and I'm facing heavy constipation and bloating and today my date of periods and I'm not having my periods yet does it mean I'm pregnant.
Hi I would like to enjoy with my partner on next week 6-8th june, her date period is 20th june. Please let me know what is the best way to avoid pregnancy. I like sex without condom is preferable.
Can you suggest a contraceptive with no side effects ? We don't want to have a kid but don't like using condoms also. No side effects at all. Don't recommend a surgery. Natural medicines would be nice to know. Thank you.
Days before yesterday I got a drop of blood and then next day again a dot of blood clot, so can pregnancy happen after this or its normal?
I had sex, took a contraceptive tablet after that. I got my first period on exact date but was for 3 days only (normal 4-5 days). Now 2nd period is getting delayed last month date was 23rd jan. Very much worried am I pregnant? Please help.
Marriage is perhaps the most important relation in an adult’s life. That’s why it needs extra care and attention, especially when things are not exactly gung ho. This is where marriage or marital therapy comes in.
Marriage counseling is the process of counseling the married couple to recognize and to reconcile or at least manage differences and repeating patterns of stress upon the marital relationship.
Basic practices of marital therapy
- The basic practices of marital therapy focus primarily on the process of communicating. Counselors use a method called active listening.
- Another method used is called “Cinematic immersion”. Both these methods have one important thing in common- they help counselors create a safe environment where each partner can express feelings and hear the feelings of the other.
- Emotionally focused therapy for couples or EFT-C is also used. This is based on attachment theory and uses emotion as an agent of change and target, both.
- Behavioral couples’ therapy is another method used. It is actually a proven way out of marital discord. This method focuses on integrating the twin goals of acceptance and change for couples in therapy.
The successful couples usually make concrete changes to accommodate the needs of the partner and also show greater emotional acceptance of the other.
Role of the relationship counselor
A couple therapist is usually someone with a degree in psychiatry or counseling. And her primary role is to listen, understand and facilitate better communication between the couple. The counselor also:
- Provides a confidential tete-a tete, which normalizes feelings
- Enables each partner to be heard and to hear themselves
- Works as a mirror to reflect the marriage’s difficulties to the partners
- Outlines the potential and direction for change
- Delivers important information
- Improves communication
- Identifies the repetitive, negative interaction cycle that drives a problematic marriage as a pattern
- Understands the source of emotions behind that negative pattern
- Re-organizes these key emotional responses to offset the pattern
- Creates new patterns of interaction
- Increases emotional attachment between partners
When should you seek marital therapy?
- When you avoid communicating or your communication has become negative- This usually means bad language, verbal abuse, and sometimes physical abuse.
- When you or your partner have sought out other sexual partners – Marital therapy can save a marriage after an affair if both partners want and work out the kinks in their relationship.
- Lack of intimacy in the marriage- This is the stage when partners just occupy the same space without communication, or exchange of feelings or touch.
Marriage counseling is a long process. And another thing to remember is that it can’t save a marriage that is unsalvageable. So, go in for marital therapy with an aim to do what’s the best for you and your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.