Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Suma Prasad
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. K. Suma PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old . I am married . And m having pregnancy of one month and at the same time my reports said that m having gallstones too. What should I do. Can I keep my pregnancy or not. Also m going for a laparoscopic surgery after 10 days. Will my pregnancy be safe or not. M so worried.
I was 2 months pregnant and had abortion because of unhealthy baby Dr. Suggested me for abortion now it been 40 days so I wanted to know can I teach dance & can I have sex with my husband?
I had unprotected sex with my gf and 22 days after we took pregnancy test (via prega news kit). Can this pregnancy be aborted orally (by taking pills)? Please suggest. Which tablet would be best.
I am 30 years old. I Ian trying to conceive since two months. After doing my pelvic USG & amh n prolactin test my doctor said I am having high prolactin level (42) and low amh (1.9) n also some follicles are found in right ovary. She prescribed caberlin 0.5,ovaries plus, miliana for two months. Please help me doctor and let me know will these medications b helpful in conceiving and what you suggest further.
I have not got my periods since 19th jan 2017, I have done home urine test which came negative. Can I still be pregnant? Just to update, we are trying to conceive. I feel dizzy and sleepy all the time.
एक बड़ा चम्मच जीरा एक गिलास पानी मे भिगो कर रात भर के लिए रख दें। सुबह इसे उबाल लें और गर्म-गर्म चाय की तरह पिये। बचा हुआ जीरा भी चबा लें।
इसके रोजाना सेवन से शरीर के किसी भी कोने से अनावश्यक चर्बी शरीर से बाहर निकल जाता है। इस बात का विशेष ध्यान रखे की इस चूर्ण को लेने के बाद 1 घंटे तक कुछ न खायें। भुनी हुई हींग, काला नमक और जीरा समान मात्रा में लेकर चूर्ण बना लें, इसे 1-3 ग्राम की मात्रा में दिन में दो बार दही के साथ लेने से भी मोटापा कम होता है। इसके सेवन से न केवल शरीर से अनावश्यक चर्बी दूर हो जाती है बल्कि शरीर में रक्त का परिसंचरण भी तेजी से होता है। और कोलेस्ट्रॉल भी घटता है।
Sir/madam My wife got 2 abortion reason was baby does not connect to mother and does not grow Doctor said me to get semen test but I think if my wife conceive baby then what is the mean of semen test.
Hi, Last period was on 9th February. No sexual relationship. But this month period has been stopped. What is the reason behind it. Discharged some White jelly like last 3 days.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.