Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K. Sarat ChandraYour feedback matters!
Recently I test my blood and found in my blood cholesterol level is high. I am just 19 year of age boy. So what should I do now to control my cholesterol in normal please help me.
Actually when I think and take to tension so DAT tum my heart beat is fast. So please tlllll me wat should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I am 38 years old. Married. Male. Weight 65 kg. Bp last I checked yesterday 125/80. I am suffering from hypertension. Hurt burn and stomach upset. Disturbed sleep. Stress over the whole body specially near the collar bone. Burning sensation in stomach. Indigestion. Bowling routine is irregular. Anxiety. Fear and violent stress which makes the head heavy, dull and blank. I face hard to think any thing or concentrate to anything. Sometimes body discomfort. I went to vellore. They prescribed me sertraline100 and clonazepam 0.5. Now I do nat taking anything of those medicines. Clonazepam sometimes occurs heartburn and stomach burn. What shall I do. Very tiredness hunts me through the day. Stress on chest and high sensation of repent put me into a deep stress. Now my head is become hot. restlessness throughout the day. Cramp like sensation just under the forehead and eyes. Discomfort over the whole body.
How angioplasty is done in case of a patient with 70% blockage in right pulmonary artery? The patient has diabetes.
My wife is in her first month of pregnancy and she is feeling cramps and pain in her stomach just below the chest. What should she do at this time?
I have thyroid from three years. Since few days am so sleepy, am so hungry. Is this a chance to increase in thyroid levels. My report is normal.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Hello, My Age is 26 and I am smokers since last 5 years and having at least 4-5 cigarette in a day. Sometimes i get pain in my left side of the stomach and near to heart . So will it causing any problem in future. Thanks
What are the real symptoms of having stress and high blood pressure and how to get rid from pain in head?
Getting regular exercise is very important to your heart health, whether you are currently healthy, or already have a heart condition. Fortunately, getting "enough" exercise, and getting it safely, can be relatively easy to do for most people. These articles will tell you what you need to know about getting the right amount of exercise for your heart.
Why Is Exercise So Beneficial?
Regular exercise does a lot more than merely strengthen the heart.
Regular exercise can improve the function of your musculoskeletal system, your cardiovascular system, your respiratory system, your metabolism, and even your brain. And as a result, exercise can help you live longer, remain vigorous well into your old age, and to be more productive.
Read about the benefits of exercise.
Heart Healthy Exercise Guidelines
Reaping the rewards of regular exercise does not require you to completely change your lifestyle, or neglect your work or your family. In fact, you can gain most of the benefits of exercise with relatively small changes in your daily routine.
Read about the simple guidelines for heart-healthy exercise.
How Can I Begin An Exercise Program?
The hardest part about regular exercise is beginning it. It is easy to become bored if you start too slowly, or to become injured if you start too quickly. Fortunately, About.com's Exercise Guide has some very helpful information that will help you begin your exercise in a way that is safe and helps to maintains your interest.
Read about beginning an exercise program.
What About Exercise After A Heart Attack?
Exercise is not only okay after a heart attack, it is necessary. Studies show that heart attack survivors who participate in regular exercise have a significantly lower risk of mortality, and a lower risk of recurrent heart attacks.
Read about exercise, and other forms of cardiac rehabilitation, after a heart attack.
After a heart attack, it is natural to wonder when it is safe to resume sexual activity (which turns out to be a favorite form of "exercise" for many). Fortunately, the answer is usually pretty straightforward.
Sudden death in apparently healthy young athletes is a rare but tragic event. Most of these sudden deaths are due to underlying heart conditions that were undiagnosed prior to the fatal event. For this reason, some experts have advocated screening young people for heart disease before they participate in athletic activities. But because these heart conditions are relatively uncommon, and because screening can be expensive, how and when to do such screening has been a controversial question.
Exercise Recommendations For Specific Cardiac Conditions
If you have heart disease, regular exercise is as important -- and likely more important -- than it is for a person without heart disease. However, you may need to pay attention to guidelines designed for your specific type of cardiac condition.
I am having pain under left chest past 1 week .little pain in left palm only sometime .and having puffiness under eyes. Is this a symptom for any heart disease?
I am 62 old male. BP medicine taking stamlo 5 & tenormin 25 .no diabetic. Now days I have acidity problem. Pl.advice medicines.
I have chest pain from 10-12 day and also tightness in chest sometimes. I eat practin decadan and bicasule tablets from last 3 months. I stopped it then this problem happened. What should I do for recovery from side effect of these tablets. Please tell me immediately.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)