Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K RekhaYour feedback matters!
Kindly tell if there can be space for my wife, who is also a dentist, as part time surgeon in your clinic. -Dr S Bhattacharyya, AIIMS Patna.
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
July 17th I extracted wisdom tooth. But there is no stitches over there. But still is not healed. Still I can see the big hole. Sometimes I can see over there whitish. After rinse it's cleared. There is only big hole. What should I do.
Hello sir, A bad smell comes from my mouth what can I do? I does not smoke & drink also. Please help me to get rid of this.
My teeth have suddenly become very sensitive to both hot and cold, but my mouth is otherwise healthy. What could cause this?
I have ulcer on my tongue so I'm getting problem to eat and talk which medicine should I take ? To get relief.
I have bad breath problem since 6 yr. I have visited many dentists they said. There is no problem in my mouth although always have bad smell and taste in my mouth even dry mouth specially in the morning. I also feel bad smell coming out of my nose also. I brush twice still could not get rid of this problem. I do not thing scaling will help me as I have this problem for way long years.
The right side of my mouth is swollen as my bottom wisdom tooth is poking out. This is my third wisdom tooth showing up. Since the area is pretty small and there is no place for the tooth to come out completely, it is pushing on the previous four teeth. The pain is a lot worse than when the previous two wisdom tooth had come, but I really don't want to take any painkillers as I avoid them at all costs. What are some natural ways to ease the pain and reduce the swelling? Thank you!
Hi, My problem is related to teeth. I am not a smoker even don't consume alcohol too much, once a while during social gatherings. But I drink green / jasmine tea around 3 to 4 cups daily. My teeth get black deposits too much quite often and when I get my scaling done it takes 2 to 3 months again they become black from inside. Would request for an advice or a remedy/ precaution for the same. Regards
My teeth is yellow. I daily use to brush 5-10 minutes but no change. Please suggest me any home remedy which can whiten my teeth.
I have cavity in my teeth. What should I do? I have done with route canal but the iz out back. Filling iz remaining but now a days its slightly pain in teeth.
My mouth is painful I can not eat food there is a crack in my mouth at the end of teeth. Its very irritating please help me.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.