Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Ravindranath
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. RavindranathYour feedback matters!
Before we get to learning whether homoeopathy is the best treatment for asthma, it is important that we learn what asthma is. Asthma is predominantly a condition that influences the functioning of your lung and affects its overall health. The major result of asthma in patients, adults and children are alike. Patients with asthma are stricken with attacks that cause breathing problem. Proper treatment and homoeopathic medication can cure asthma like you never had it before.
Homeopathic Treatment for Asthma:
Though there are a variety of medications and treatments that promise to help you deal with asthma, there is no certain treatment that helps in curing it for once and for all. Here is where homoeopathic treatment and homoeopathic specialists step in. Homeopathy is the only stream of medicine that is equipped to deal with asthma and cure it a 100%. The recurrence of the attacks caused by Asthma can not only affect the general health of a patient but also affects the quality of life they lead. Sudden Asthma attacks can lead to some unfavourable situations, such as-
- Severe weakness
- Deadly health hazards
- Chances of severe injury, etc.
Research shows that Homeopathic treatment comes in as a relief or a preventing measure to all of these unfavourable occurrences caused by asthma.
Does Homeopathy Really Heal Asthma?
The following advantages of homoeopathic treatment help prove why homoeopathy is the best cure for asthma
- Homeopathic Constitutional Treatment not only prevents these extremities mentioned above but also slowly and steadily works on curing the condition completely.
- The same treatment procedure, allows a specialist to understand the severity of the condition, and thus prescribe the best natural homoeopathic medicines to treat asthma.
- The medicines prescribed by a homoeopathic specialist are all natural and work towards curing asthma permanently by moderating the functioning and quality of your immune system.
- This ensures the stabilisation of the immune system that becomes over-reactive during asthma.
According to years of research and treatment records, Homeopathy does help to heal asthma completely.
Medication and Treatment Extended by Homeopathy:
Homoeopathic medicines are all natural and pose no side effects to any patients. Since there are a variety of asthmas, the medicines used to deal with each kind also vary. Again, there are a few homoeopathic medicines that are designed to treat and permanently heal one and all kinds of asthmas. There are some these medicines that are prescribed by some of the best Homoeopathic specialists to their patients with asthma.
Some of these homoeopathic medicines include
- Natrum Sulph
- Arsenic Album
- Kali Bichrome
While these can be termed as some of the most widely accepted and prescribed homoeopathic medicines for Asthma, they are not the only ones. There are also other medicines that are put to use. The prescribed medicine can differ in accordance with the intensity and kind of asthma that an individual is dealing with.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
HI, My father's age is 75 Years, he was admitted in the hospital and got discharged. Diagnosis: Bronchial Asthma with acute exacerbations with type 1 respiratory failure. Allergic to medicines like paracetamol. Etc. Just wanna get some opinion on best cure & treatment. Pls advice.
Asthma is a respiratory disease which is characterized by narrowing of the airways. This happens when the body responses to a trigger such as exposure to cold air, allergens in the air, emotional stress or heavy exercise. When the airways narrow, patients show symptoms such as tightness of the chest, wheezing noise while breathing, coughing and shortness of breath.
The cause of asthma according to Ayurveda is accumulation of Kapha in the airways. The airways become narrow because of the blockage caused by Kapha. As a result, the flow of air to the lungs is interrupted, which makes the patient experiences difficulty in breathing. Asthma is caused because of excessive intake of vata (cold), consuming kapha aggravating food items, weakening of the lung tissues, and problems caused by lung diseases. Environmental and lifestyle factors also play a role in asthma. Consuming cold or stale foods are not easy to digest and lead to the formation of ama (mucus) thereby causing blockage in the respiratory channel and difficulty in breathing. Living in cold and damp environment is also a reason of asthma.
Ayurvedic Asthma Treatment
Ayurvedic asthma treatment considers bad digestion as a major cause. When the digestive system is weak, the body becomes oversensitive to dust, pollen and other substances which trigger an asthma attack. Deposits of ama (mucus) in the lungs and respiratory tract create obstruction in breathing and cause wheezing or coughing. Ayurvedic treatment of asthma focuses on restoring digestion with herbal preparations and the right diet and lifestyle changes. The medicines primarily work on pacifying Kapha and cleansing toxins from the body. In addition, specific herbal combinations are also supplemented to boost the body’s immunity.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Honey, warm drinks like herbal teas, spice teas are also okay.
Sprouts, nuts and seeds can be taken in moderate amount.
Oily, greasy and fried foods which are difficult to digest should be avoided.
White flour and white sugar products should be avoided.
In addition, try to avoid the cold foods, cold drinks and other refrigerated things.
Avoid excessive or physically demanding exercise. Yoga and Pranayama can be helpful.
Prepare a mixture of powdered dried ginger root, black pepper and long pepper in equal amounts and store in an airtight container. Have ½ teaspoonful of this powder mixed with ½ teaspoonful of honey twice a day with lukewarm water.
Take 11 guava leaves, 11 black pepper, 1 cup milk and one cup water. Put all of them in pot and boil it well, when it reduced to one cup, drink in empty stomach. Take this daily for at least six months or a year.
Boil cumin seeds in water and inhale the steam. It helps dilate the bronchial passage.
My father is having lung cancer third stage 1st Chemo is started if any side effects in 2nd chemo his age is 65years and he is a non smoker paralally any alternate treatment is possible home or ayurveda? Pls suggest.
My little boy having coughing some times severely. Occurs mostly while playing or sweating or some change in the circumstances. Please advise reasons and remedy. Also clarify whether it may be due to respiratory functions. 0 Doctor Answered.
I am suffering from cough. But 5 days continue coming after suddenly stopped. Maybe 1 month after heavy cough coming. Suddenly stopped .what happed sir.
People suffering from lactose intolerance find it difficult to digest the lactose or sugar in milk, which results in gas, bloating or even diarrhea. An inadequacy of an enzyme called lactase, produced in the small intestine, is the root of lactose intolerance, a condition also known as lactose malabsorption.
How to deal with lactose intolerance in your child?
- Cutting out on dairy products does not mean you would be deprived of sufficient amount of calcium. Find alternate sources of calcium in your food apart from dairy products, for instance, spinach, rhubarb, pinto beans oranges, milk substitutes such as rice milk or soy milk, canned salmon, juices, breads and broccoli. Do give your child foods rich in vitamin D such as liver, eggs and yogurt. Asking your child to spend some time out in the sun can be a great idea in this regard, as well. Your physician will prescribe you with calcium and vitamin D supplements.
- Limit your child’s intake of dairy products. Opt for small servings of milk so as to reduce the chances of gastrointestinal troubles. Your child should consume milk with other foods to delay the digestive process. Try out a variety of dairy products as not all of them possess the same amount of lactose. Buy lactose free products or use lactase enzyme drops or tablets that may aid your child in digesting different dairy products.
- Probiotics are living organisms that exist in your intestine and help you in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Yoghurt and other supplement capsules are rich in probiotics. Hence, they can be perfect choices for your child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.