Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K Ramesh RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello. Sir I am. Getting repeatedly headache Feeling nausea Ness Vision is not clear Skipping my meals.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
Tears comes since last 3 mnth from both eyes. I got treatment with the good doc. But the problem is same. What should I do.
Hello Dr. Since morning my right eye is paining and it has developed one small pimple type inside on it's own. What should I do to get relief from it?
I have red eyes problem I can't sit in front of the computer for long time shall I get any eye drops for this. My eyes goes painting too I am facing this problem since last six months.
Hi my mane is ganesh my eyes are too psin while working with the fipmuter every it was not comfortable to do my work properly so pkese gice solution to mt problem.
I used to work for night shifts and when ever I wake up in the morning my eyes are always red. I look as though I am drunk always. What's the solution for my red eyes.
I m using glass since six years. Power of glass is -5.25 which is Short sightedness. What should I do to increase the power of eye and to reduce the power of glass.
Doctor am having headache daily. Pain comes on top of he head and forehead. Painkiller aand a deep sleep is only the only way to recover from this. Eye have smal pain in the eyes also. Pls help me. I need to understand more about this problem.
Eye protection I have been working in an office Continuous seeing at system and again I am watching TV daily 16 hours. Is this effect.
I am 19 year old, I have shortsightedness. 2 year back I tested that's showing optical power was -1.5. But now it decreases to -1.25. I am used and same (-1.5) power specs. I am very comfortable with that Is that ok to use same power specs??
I am 32 years old and looking for LASIK surgery, can you please tell me what is phacoemulsification?
Young 21 year old came today with complains of pain and watering after something fell in his eye during a joy ride on his friends new bike . Resulting in a Corneal Ulcer .