Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. K. RamchandramYour feedback matters!
What is the reason for getting urine infection once again even after antibiotic course within a week.
What does the hbsag ultra test done for? My wife value is 20.6% it got reduced from 25.61% does that mean that she is recovering? Please answer I am in a lot of stress regarding her illness.
Hi i am 26 year old female. Have vitamin d3 approx 16 ng/ml. I have alot of body pain and leg pain. I have alot of weakness plus skin is getting darker. My weakness and muscle pain is not letting me enjoy my life. What to do. I am lactose intolerant.. Doc suggested to take vitamin d3 60k. I took it in granules but pack says take with milk. What should I do. Should I take the tablet of vit d3. please give some treatment for lactose intolerance.
Sildenafil may be associated with increased melanoma risk, according a recent study published in JAMA Internal Medicine.
However, a cause and effect relationship has not been found and there is not enough evidence to warrant treatment changes.
Sildenafil is a phosphodiesterase (PDE) 5A inhibitor that is frequently prescribed to men with erectile dysfunction. It is the active ingredient in Viagra.
Previous lab research conducted in vitro has shown that PDE5A inhibition could spur the development of melanoma cells and melanoma cell invasion.
For this study, the research team, led by Dr. Wen-Qing Li of Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Boston, USA) and Harvard Medical School, looked at data from the Health Professionals’ Follow-Up study, which started in 1986. This biennial health survey included men between the ages of 40 and 75.
Specifically, the researchers analyzed data from 25,848 men recorded between 2000 and 2010. The men’s mean age was 64.8 years. Recent sildenafil use (during the previous three months) was reported by 5.3% of the men; 6.3% had used it at some point in the past.
Over this period, 142 cases of melanoma, 580 cases of squamous cell carcinoma, and 3,030 cases of basal cell carcinoma (all types of skin cancer) were reported.
The researchers found that men who took sildenafil – either recently or ever – were at higher risk of developing invasive melanoma. They were not at higher risk of developing the other types of skin cancer, however.
Media reports have suggested that the risk of skin cancer increases by 84% for men who take sildenafil. As Daniel Pendick explained in a recent Harvard Health Blog post, this statistic is misleading, as it refers to the relative risk, comparing two specific groups - the study’s participants who did not take sildenafil and the participants who did.
The absolute risk, Pendick notes, is 0.43%, meaning that the number of cases per 1,000 men increased from 4.3 among the men who didn’t take sildenafil to 8.6 among the men who did.
Other erectile dysfunction drugs, such as tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Levitra) were not included in the study, as they had not been approved when the research began.
The authors noted that future studies might examine different populations, different dosing regimens, longer follow-up periods, and latency of exposure.
“Our results should be interpreted cautiously and are insufficient to alter current clinical recommendations,” they wrote. “Nevertheless, our data provide epidemiological evidence on possible skin adverse effects of PDE5A inhibitors and support continued investigation of this relationship.”
In a JAMA Internal Medicine Invited Commentary, Dr. June K. Robinson recommended that physicians screen men for melanoma when writing prescriptions for sildenafil. Older men with a history of serious sunburns are among the most vulnerable.
Additional training on melanomas might be required for some physicians, but the end result could be quite beneficial, Robinson explained. For example, after eight hours of training in Germany, a group of primary care physicians screened men for melanoma and decreased mortality from 1.9/100,000 men before screening to 1.0/100,000 men after screening.
“Early detection, which may make melanoma a curable disease, may be achieved by physicians performing screening in the at-risk population for melanoma,” Robinson wrote.
Doctor I am 17+ years old suffering from pimples problem, rashes, dark spot on my face, I also have stomach problem, and digestion problem please advice me. Glad to you doctor.
sometime I have chest pain and pain in fingers not feeling well felling unconfort I have consult to general physician my ecg is normal my rcb fbs thyroid profile and kidney related report is normal. My bp is 160 and my weight is 85 I am over weight doctor has give me a b12 and folic acid tablet and vitamin d3 tablet For one month I have complete one week course but still I have pain in chest pl help.
Respected Dr. I want to use vitamin b12, with d and e, I am 67 years old male. Which medicine you suggest, please advice, thanks
I am 43 now. Inability to concentrate property. I am sex starved. I masturbate once a day to fulfill my sexual desires. I am a businessman. I start fearing on grave matters of public dealing. It is damaging my public image. Advice me in the earliest?
Have a habit of masturbation which has increased a lot in recent times, I do 6-7 times on weekends. Recently got a chance to have with a girl. But as it was my first time. Was not able to hold on for much time. I tried 3 times in one n half hour but released before actual penetration. Could you pls suggest me some ways to improve my performance n ways to stop masturbation.
He is Suffering from Jaundice. He took many drinks yesterday. Would it affect in a severe manner. He is not a chain- drunker.
I am 20 years old male. I occasionally drink and smoke since past 3 years. I used to have an active sex life. Also I used to masturbate daily. From a week I cannot get hard erections as I used to. So I tried watching porn to check whether I can get erections and got partially hard. Now I am worried. I quitted smoking a month back. Please guide me.
It is an episodic chronic respiratory disorder in which there is airflow obstruction causing difficulty in breathing. It is a very common disorder affecting children more than adults For some, the condition is mild with infrequent episodes & for others it is a serious medical emergency-An episode may pass away quickly and may be short lasting or at times lasts longer & requires immediate medical help.
Causes behind it
Hereditary & familial tendency or history of allergy, which may be skin allergy also predisposes to asthma in the offsprings. Allergy mostly inhaled is the most common cause of asthma.
Allergens can be:
- Environment - smoke, dust & pollution and petrol fumes.
- Pollen and molds from grass, flowers and trees.
- Strong perfumes
- Paints & varnishes
- Tobacco smoke
- House dust mite
- Chemical fumes
- Food, which can cause allergy are:
- Sour food
- Citrus fruits
- Cold food & drinks
- Artificially colored & flavored foods
- Beer, wine
- Canned vegetables
- Infection of the lung, which can be bacterial, viral predisposes to asthma.
- Emotional stress is a known trigger factor for an asthmatic attack.
- Over strenuous exercise and inhalation of cold air and climatic changes are also trigger factors.
- Initially there is a feeling of restlessness with a painless, tightness in the chest.
- There may be cough, sometimes with phlegm and a wheezing or whistling sound when breathing.
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath and shortness and rapid breathing follow with a feeling of anxiety, sweating & inability to lie down on the back.
- Usually the sufferer finds comfort in sitting bent forwards and near the windows.
- For infants born in vegetarian family, vegetarian food is preferred.
- Avoid food and drinks known to cause allergy - cow milk, vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food and drinks, canned food, food additives, beer and wine.
- Eat balanced nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh unprocessed food.
- Consume Bitter gourd (Karela) cooked or juice, it strengthens the immunity.
- Every morning, drink boiled mixture of – ½ cup water, little ginger, 2-3 leaves of sweet basil (tulsi) and mint leaves, or you can eat the raw leaves, this will boost up you immunity.
- Boil a mixture of Bishops weed (Ajwain), tea leaves and water and inhale the steam, helps to decongest.
- Consume garlic and onions, will be beneficial, but avoid them if you are on homeopathic medicine.
- Consume lots of Vitamin B complex.
- Liver, kidney, pancreas, yeast (Brewer's yeast), lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg, shrimps, crabs and lobsters,.
- Milk and milk products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grain cereals.
- Carrots, bananas, avocado, raspberries, artichoke, cauliflower, soy flour, barley, cereals, pasta, whole grains, wheat barn like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans.
- Increase intake of magnesium in your diet.
- Sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables.
- Peas, lotus stem, pulses, whole grains, fruits.
Do's & Don'ts
- Try to recognize the trigger factors that bring on your attack, so that you can avoid them In families with history of allergy (asthma, eczema), avoid artificial milk, eggs, cocoa, juices & wheat preparations till completion of 6 months. In such circumstances you can only breast feed till 6 months.
- Do breastfeed your baby for the first 6 months to strengthen the immune system and avoid contact with allergens such as in cow's milk .
- Avoid foods & drinks that are known to cause a problem such as vinegar, lemon juice, grapes, instant tea, corn syrup, fruit toppings, cold food & drink, canned vegetables, beer and wine Avoid smoke, pollution, dust as far as possible.
- There are three steps to be taken when dealing with an allergy.
- Firstly, identify the cause or allergen
- Secondly, avoid it.
- Thirdly, if avoidance is impossible, treat the symptoms.
- Keep a diary and try to trace a pattern or relation between your allergic reaction and the allergen. E.g. Sneezing while doing housework could mean you are allergic to house dust.
- Take steps to deal with stress, anxiety and tension as these can influence the frequency and severity of symptoms
- Good nutrition, balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation will be beneficial.
- Yoga can help you by breathing exercises. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space.
Homoeopathy at your rescue
Homoeopathy helps to get rid of inhalers & nebulisation quickly & permanently. Homeopathy not only deals with disease it deals with patient as a whole.
- Avoid smoke, pollution, and dust as far as possible.
- Try to reduce stress, anxiety and tension, practice yoga will help to relax and relive stress.
- Yoga will also help by breathing exercise. Breathing exercise will help better utilization of available lung space. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.