Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Rama Raju
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K Rama RajuYour feedback matters!
My uric acid is bit high at 8 level in the reports. Does it has any connection to acidic urine? I feel burning on my penis after ejaculation. Dr. gave me urikind km. Please suggest some thing to cure acidic sperm & urine and also the uric acid.
I have kidney stone problem and when ever I piss, there is a strong pain near my bladder area. What should I do?
I am 38 years old male person and have a 18 mm stone in my left kidney. It does not pain regularly but in winter days it's painful. So suggest me what should I do.
Hi, From last 24 hour have been constantly urging to go for urination and getting failed again and its making me stressful.
I have a Stone in left side of stomach and I have started Gym exercise so. Please Let Me Know Is. There Should Not be Any. Effect or pain And. If. There is any Effect. What Should I Do Please revert. Me.
Hello doctors. Sir muze anus me bht burning or pain hota h. bleeding nhi hoti h. Ye problem 1 year se h doctor ko dikhya unhone scope dal kr cheque kia lekin na muze piles h or na hi fissure h.doctor ko bhi samz nhi aa rha h kya reson se yh ho rha h.and I am a student. And meri long sitting hoti h study ko lekr. Kya long sitting k karan ya kbhi kbhi constipation hota h iski vjh se ho rha h .doctor ka bhi ye khna h ki stree k karan bhi yhi ho skta h .meri diet bhi achi h pani bhi achi amount me piti hu. Aisa me kya kru jisse meri problem solve ho jaye. Kya muze yoga ya meditation start kr dena chaiye .usse benefit hoga? please help me.
Kidney stones are salt and mineral deposits that accumulate inside the kidneys. Your treatment may depend on the severity of your condition; ranging from medications to surgery. Once you have had kidney stones, there is an increased chance of you experiencing the problem again. Preventive measures can help in reducing your risk of kidney stones.
Prevention of kidney stones
Medical recommendations about preventive measures can help you keep kidney stones at bay. Here are top tips to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Hydrate Well: Drinking sufficient water is an extremely important kidney stone preventive measure. The amount of urine your body produces depends on your consumption of water and other liquids. If you exercise quite often or live in a place with hot or arid climate, you may further need to increase your water intake. Ideally drink enough water for your body to produce 2 to 2.5 litres of urine every day. You can also include lemon juice mixed with water or fresh orange juice in your diet. These juices contain citrate, which can prevent formation of kidney stones.
- Take Dietary Precautions: Altering your diet may be necessary to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Oxalate is a naturally-occurring compound in foods, which may bind with calcium to form kidney stones. To prevent kidney stones, you may need to stop or limit intake of foods high in oxalate, such as beets, soy products, spinach, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, peanuts etc.
- However, you don’t need to cut calcium from your diet. In fact, if you eat calcium and oxalate foods at the same time, you can further reduce your risk of kidney stones. Calcium binds with oxalate inside the digestive track, thereby, lowering the chances of kidney stone formation. Though use calcium supplements only as per your doctor’s recommendations.
- Reduce your intake of salt. Excessive salt can increase the amount of calcium in urine and form kidney stones.
- Eat animal protein in moderation as meat is acidic in nature, as to much uric acid in urine can cause both uric acid stones and calcium oxalate ones.
- Foods and drinks high in sugar can also increase uric acid in urine. So, it is better to limit their intake if you have a history of kidney stones.
- Take Medications: If you are a kidney stone patient, you also need to take medications to prevent recurrence of the problem. Without medicine use, the risk of kidney stones in patients may increase.
Once you have had kidney stones, you need to take caution for life. Without proper medicines and diet precautions, not only you increase your risk of kidney stones but also of other kidney diseases. Heed the recommendations of your doctor or consult with a good nephrologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!