Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Prashant
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. K. PrashantYour feedback matters!
Since last year l feel that my memory is going down. I try to remind that incident but I can't.example yesterday I lock my room and going to market but on the road I am confused that I lock or not. I am in trouble so please help me Lybrate.
My name is sandeep I suffering from depression I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
Hi, Am quite depressed and stressed, it’s all of some friendship issues! I think am screwing up my own life Coz of some else! To be normal, Did I need a counsellings?
When I wake up in morning, my mind is full of thoughts. My head is at unease and my eyes are tired and little swollen I have burning sensation when I close my eyes. I feel fatigued throughout the morning. Even reading newspaper lead to stress of mind. It feels that my mind does not have any energy. However in the morning I feel quite better. What is d reason. Please help.
I have been feeling nervous for each and every routine problems. Thinking too much for every small issue and spending sleepless days with that. Getting too much anxiety for every daily routine problems like "going late for office" or" going late to catch a bus" Feeling everything in a negative way and in which it results increase in heartbeat, shivering and making me complete sleepless. Even I got to know that there will not be any problem, feeling that in a negative way and thinking about that issue too much and finally the situation is getting worse. Please suggest me some best medicine, which can be easily available near medical stores. So that I can get out of this situation.
My daughter is 2.5 years old, she speaks only single words like mama, papa only few words. I am very much concerned. Please if anybody guide me on this.
I am 39 years old patient of schizoaffective bipolar disorder on medication for last 15 years. And now I have reduced renal activity like urinating only once during daytime. I have sideeffects of bipolardisorder medication like laziness throughout the day, excessive salivation, weightgain and lowmood. I belong to a military family with severe socio-economic issues. Please help.
Recently I break up with a girl. I can not recover from here. Always think about doing something wrong. But I am a successful man by profession. I can not start new life. I have parents. I live only for them. But I can not forget her. Please give solution.
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.