Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K Prasanna Kumar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have chest pain. It mostly happen after getting lunch or dinner. When pain start I can't breathing properly.
Sir, My father has diagnosed with thyroid calcification nodule, and suffering with cough & voice hoarseness since last two month so please suggest what we do now?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I could hard can you suggest what should be done.|
Hello, i am getting always problem of tonsils, after that I get fever and cough, that time its feel very hard to talk with anyone, doctor prescribed me for one medicine of mankind pharma name zady azythromycin. I used to take that medicine after two days I feel relax from tonsils but again in 15-20 days I get same problem.
Cough with phelgm not curing for last 2 months. What is the cure for osteoarthritis/rheumatic arthritis?
Hello, my husband has cold, cough N throat infection every now N then. Also having headaches most of the week days after coming from job. Pls suggest any solution. Is it permanently curable or not?
Sir my mother is suffring from asthama since 2009. She is treated in jabalpur hos. Mp. 6 to 7 times in a year. Every time. The Ddr. Gives INJ. Deriphylin, efcorlin.Zustom antibiotic . After hospitalisation every time she gets releaf. But after one month she again feel asthama. Difficulti in taking breathing, cougfing etc. Kiny sujjest for better treatment
Atrial fibrillation is a form of irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia, which you may experience due to a problem in the electrical system of the heart. Such a problem causes the upper parts of the heart or the atria to fibrillate. Due to this quivering, the normal rhythm between the lower parts of the heart and the atria gets disrupted. The ventricles are likely to beat faster in an irregular rhythm. This is a severe condition where the blood may get collected in the atria; this could lead to the formation of blood clots. These clots can block the blood flow and lead to a stroke.
Several conditions cause strain and damage to the heart. These include the following:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Heart attack
- Valvular diseases
- Coronary artery disease
- Medical problems like heart failure, lung diseases, high level of thyroid or pneumonia
- Heart surgeries
- Excess consumption of alcohol
The primary symptoms of atrial fibrillation include the following:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling weak and fatigued
- Feeling as if the heart is pounding, fluttering or racing (known as palpitations)
- Feeling that the beating of the heart is uneven
- Chest pain and fainting
In many cases of atrial fibrillation, the symptoms may be absent.
Conducting several tests, physical examinations and an analysis of your health history is the first step towards diagnosing atrial fibrillation. An electrocardiogram (ECG) needs to be carried out for the detection of this condition. This test is performed for checking problems regarding the electrical activity of the heart. Other laboratory tests and an echocardiogram maybe required as well. An echocardiogram helps in observing the pumping function of the heart and to check whether the valves have been damaged.
The treatment options for atrial fibrillation depend on the cause, symptoms and the risks of getting a stroke. Several medicines are used for treatment along with other methods. They are as follows:
- Blood thinning medicines for the prevention of a stroke.
- Heart rate control medicines which will prevent irregular beating of the heart.
- Rhythm control medicines for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal.
- A process known as cardioversion may be used to bring the heartbeat to a normal rhythm. This can be carried out by medicines or an electric shock therapy known as electrical cardioversion.
- In case of severe symptoms, ablation may be carried out where the affected areas of the heart are destroyed by the creation of a scar tissue.
For the best diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, you must consult a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the symptoms of the condition. A doctor will prescribe all that you need for an effective treatment.
Hello Doctor, I am 20 year old. And I am suffering from fever and dry cough problem from last 5 days. What should I do?
Asthma is a disease that intermittently affects the lungs. When it strikes, the lungs become inflamed and the airways narrow. The sufferer’s chest tightens, breathing becomes difficult or wheezy, and a persistent cough may develop – especially at night.
Asthma can be triggered by allergies or have its onset from a stressful period of life such as an infection, a grief, or even the birth of a baby. Thousands die from asthma each year. It is a serious disease that is increasing in frequency.
For children and adults alike, the struggle to breathe during an asthma attack can be a frightening experience. While conventional medications relieve many of the symptoms of asthma, they cannot cure it. With homoeopathy, it is a different story.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathy Treatment for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated.
I have had patients coming to me who had been using inhalers or steroids for decades. They could not live without them. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, they are able to live a disease free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Some common homeopathic remedies for asthma include:
- Natrum Sulph: This homeopathic remedy is best for children who are suffering from asthma. Also, if asthma worsens due to humid weather, and symptoms such as wheezing or coughs are present, Natrum Sulph can be an excellent remedy.
- Arsenic Album: If your asthmatic attacks occur mostly in the night, and you feel extremely restless, Arsenic Album can prove to be very helpful. It is helpful for both chronic (long-term symptoms) and acute (short-term symptoms) asthma.
- Kali Bichrome: Asthma attacks that occur during night and in winters are best treated with Kali Bichrome. The remedy is also used to treat asthma combined with acute bronchitis (infection-induced inflammation of the airways).
- Nux Vomica: Heaviness and fullness in stomach, especially after a meal, associated with breathing difficulties is treated with Nux vomica.
Other than these four remedies, some homeopathic remedies focus on other symptoms, such as:
- Aconite for wheezing
- Drosera and Phosphorus for asthmatic cough
NOTE: These remedies are extremely active and it is best to consult a homeopath before self-medicating.