Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Nirmala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K NirmalaYour feedback matters!
Having a baby is nothing less than a dream come true, but it comes with its own share of problems for new mothers. A lot of women today are opting for a C-section, or a Cesarean surgery to deliver their babies. While it is safe for most, at times certain complications can arise as a result of the operation.
As if life for mothers wasn’t tough already, post Cesarean wound infection is another concern some new mothers have to face. It usually occurs due to a bacterial infection in the area where the incision was made during surgery. If you have recently had a C-section, look out for signs in the first couple of weeks such as fever (100.5ºF to 103ºF), wound sensitivity and pain in the lower abdomen area. Other symptoms include swelling at the incision point or in the legs, discharge from the wound, smelly vaginal discharges or blood clots and difficulty in passing urine. If you notice any of these signs, act fast and consult your gynaecologist at the earliest, to avoid complications from the infection.
Why does it happen?
There can be various reasons that an infection happens, just like on any other part of the body where a wound is exposed. Generally, it is more prevalent among obese or overweight women or those taking any form of steroids. Other causes include, an incision closed with staples or nylon sutures, in cases of an emergency C-section, or from an infection of the amniotic sac.
Types and Treatment
C-section wound infections are of two types that is Cellulitis or wound abscess and thrush.
- Cellulitis and wound abscesses are caused by bacteria and are treated with antibiotics. If you’re in the hospital, you will be given the antibiotics intravenously, but if not, they can be taken orally as well. In case of abscesses, the pus is first drained out and smeared with antiseptic before being covered with gauze, after which the wound will heal on its own.
- Thrush is caused by a fungal infection and is normally seen in women taking steroids or in those who have a weak immune system. Anti-fungal drugs are provided to combat the issue.
How can it be prevented?
Here are some things new moms can do to prevent the C-section wound from getting infected:
- Regular follow-up visits with your obstetrician
- Practising good hygiene and healing
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids
- Avoiding any strenuous exercises that may put pressure on the abdomen area and stitches
- Resting as much as possible
Remember, even if you do develop an infection, it can be treated if addressed in time. New mothers need to take extra care of themselves, as a healthy mom, makes a happy mom!
Daily I am suffering from white discharge wit akward kind of smell can anyone pls sugest me how to reduce the white discharge and evn smell pls sugest me sum medicine.
my wife didn't come in periods for last 2 months. last to last month we consult the dr and he gave us medicines and dimpal comes in periods. but now once again it happens. so whats the problem for that.?
White fluid discharge. As per clinical test klebsiella pneumoniae found in April 2016. PAP SMEAR AND HPV NEGATIVE. Augmentin 625 taken No relief. Currently fluid discharge with waist pain. Kindly suggest.
I am married ,age-29 years and we are trying for baby past six months, I have hypothyroidism with recent tsh value -8.3micro IU/ml and dosage is 50 mcg of eltroxin, So Am I good enough to conceive with above tsh level or need to take any care or precautions to conceive faster. And what could be the reasons for not conceiving so far. Kindly give your suggestions and help me out in this.
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
I am 33 year. M married 6 month back. My wife got vaginal infection. One of the doctor told that infection was due to husband. Was is correct and why it had happend. What care I should take
I have been suffering from the problem of irregular periods since past 10 months. I have also consulted homeopathic doctor and still there were no improvement. I have been gaining weight so far and its 2 month passed and I did not have mensuration. Last tym when I had mensuration it was for hardly 1 day and a half. Is it a problem of increasing weight or anything else?
We had sex on 13th may around 1 a. M. We were sleeping sideways on bed. I didn't insert my penis properly. I had inserted only the tip of the penis. She ejaculated completely. But I didn't ejaculate. I was just about to ejaculate when she removed the penis out of her private part. I had checked after removal of my penis out. I didn't ejaculated but was kind f wet because of her fluids. Can this cause pregnancy. She didn't take any pills after that day. She had periods on 13th may itself, I she told me that she got periods around 9a. M, which were actually delayed. She was supposed to have periods on 4th may. Her periods were normal No bleeding. Or no other complications Please help me with this doc. Thanks.
She had physical with her boyfriend and they had sex but he is saying he didn't come inside but she is scared that she don't got pregnant. Because she is thinking that the bit sperm are get inside but boyfriend is saying no but her vagina (in since constructing muscles) are paining little bit and as well as stomach. Is there any possibility of pregnancy or not and what she should do kindly suggest please.
Hello sir, sir meri wife pragnent nahi hai but shaadi se pahle uske nipple me milk ki jagah yellow milk a raha hai isse koi problem to nahi hai ya iski koi medicine ise band karne ke liye
I had one fibroadenoma in left breast. Bt before 6 months I operated. Now I don't have bt still sometimes I feel pain there. Soo please call you tell me what should i do & why its paining.
I'm from Delhi & I m 30years old. Actually June she September 2015 she mere ko continue bleeding huyi or test SB hogye but report m kuch nhi aaya SB normal thi. Last me ek DNC or Boispy krawayi or fr bad higyi or 2months ek dum thik time PR period aaye. Usske bad 15din k andar andar aane large or ab 2months she hr 8din k andar andr aa jaate hai. Abhi fr ek ultrasound karaya hai WO b normal hai. Or 6months Maine deliviry tablets khayi hai. But mai kya kru y period regular time m kaise aayege ya y permanent band hone ki nisani hai but abhi to meri age kam hai or mera ek beta hai 5years ka Please mujhe kuch bataye m kya kruu. Thanks so much.
Hi. My endometrial thickness is only 7 mm in day 14 th .wat should be done to increase the thickness .as am planning for pregnancy.
Mujhe kabhi kabhi sans lene me bahut hi problem hoti he or me thik se baat bhi nahi kar parehi hu. Kyu ese hora hai mere saath, pls suggest me?
Insomnia is when an individual has difficulty either falling asleep or staying asleep. Most people with insomnia often experience a variety of symptoms such as mood disturbances, fatigue, low energy, difficulty concentrating etc. Insomnia can be characterized based on duration, i.e.: acute and chronic. When you can’t fall asleep before a big presentation or an exam, it is known as acute insomnia. Chronic insomnia is when you have trouble falling asleep for at least three nights a week for a duration of three months. Chronic insomnia disorders can have many causes. Changes in the environment, unhealthy sleep habits, certain clinical disorders and certain medications.
Here are some natural ways to overcome insomnia:
1. Take control of your stress:
The number one reason people have trouble sleeping is stress. When you are chronically stressed cortisol streams through your body making it difficult to sleep. Along with insomnia it can cause anxiety, mood swings, forgetfulness, weight gain etc. To control this, try relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation.
2. Snack wisely:
We are all told not to eat right before going to bed. However, most people cannot go to sleep when they are hungry. If you must eat close to your bedtime, try healthy snacks which contain a lot of healthy carbs and a little protein. Eating too much before going to bed can cause heartburn and indigestion which can hamper sleep.
3. Sleep regular hours:
Try going to bed and waking up at the same time every day. An erratic sleep schedule can cause disturbances in sleep. However, some people who travel a lot and work in shifts may not be able to do this. In which case, try to follow the other remedies as much as possible.
4. Minimize the use of electronics:
Watching a movie or a tv show stimulates the mind leaves you unable to sleep. It takes the brain longer to calm down enough for you to go to sleep. The blue light emitted by your screen reduces the production of melatonin, which is the natural sleep hormone produced by your body. Try engaging in offline activities like reading a book or writing or drawing. All of these can relax you and help you fall asleep easier.
5. Make your bedroom a cave:
As much as possible make your bedroom like a cave. Dark, quiet and cool. Light disturbs melatonin production. Keep away or turn off all electronic devices. It has been found that the perfect temperature for sleeping is 18.3 degrees. If you cannot make your room dark enough try using an eye-mask and earplugs to block out any disturbances.
Weight is one issue that 90% of the people are not happy with. While some think they have a fat stomach or thighs, others want to reduce their biceps or arm size. Changing food habits and sedentary lifestyles have made weight loss a big challenge. Losing weight is not just about looking good, but also about living healthy.
The journey of weight loss is a tedious one and in a way never ending. Because it is not just about losing weight, but maintaining it. If you were overweight to begin with, then the changes that you are prone to bounce back to your previous weight are quite high. However, as much as it may sound tedious, it is not impossible. There are some things that people who have succeeded in losing weight do.
The below are just a few of the top things, there are definitely more:
- Discipline: Whether to say no to the extremely appealing cheese laden pizza or your favourite alcoholic drink, when you are on the way to weight loss, you need to say NO. A loud, affirmative, clear NO. Every single thing that you put into your system needs to be watched for. The same affirmative NO is required for the urge to sleep for that extra few minutes and delay your workout. You just have to be hard on yourself - discipline, self-control, strong will, or commitment - whatever you want to call it, this is the most important ingredient that weight loss winners would vouch for. Without this, no amount of coaxing by your trainer or dietician or doctor is going to work. The final onus and the single determining factor in your weight loss is you - you decide if you win or lose.
- Set realistic goals: Just because you idolize a sportsperson or a movie star does not mean you should set target to look like them. Each person's body composition is different, which will determine your looks and weight. Consult with experts who know the subject and set realistic goals. While some may be able to lose 10 kilos or pounds over 10 days, others might only to able to accomplish 3 to 4. Do not fret over this, realize that your body as unique and set goals based on how it will respond.
- Winners keep scores: As you embark on your weight loss journey, remember to keep scores. Set up milestones by weeks and months, and make sure you track and meet them. If you are falling short, step back and analyze and work at it. Once you have reached your target of the initial loss, keep scores in terms of what you can eat and exercise and track those too.
- Enjoy the grind: If you look at weight loss as something you are doing to please somebody, then you are going to find it more difficult. The most important ingredient is to realize that you are doing it for yourself and to enjoy the entire journey of weight loss. Feel good about your altered food habits and exercise and look at the mirror to appreciate the small changes that your body is going through. Feel good about every inch you lose, and you are sure to lose more.