Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. K. NeelimaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 19 years old I can't open full mouth cause of tobacco chewing only 2 finger I can put in mouth. So,i want to know can I open full mouth again .is there spicy food help and suggest me tablet.
Some easy steps to do to help your teeth keep clean:
- When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line.
- Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles.
- Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion.
- Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria which might cause badbreath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
What is a root canal?
Root canal is a layman's term to describe a dental procedure that is performed to preserve a tooth that is at risk of being lost due to deep decay, infection, or other forms of trauma. Endodontic therapy or root canal treatment are the dental terms to describe this procedure. Root canal treatment is the removal of the infection-prone contents within the tooth and its roots. Subsequently, the resulting space is filled with an inert material to prevent infection. This treatment thoroughly disinfects the tooth's inner space. Root canal treatment enables a tooth to remain intact to function and serve its purpose in the mouth despite losing its vitality. Vitality is the tooth's ability to sense pain, pressure, or temperature. Prior to the implementation of root canal treatment, if a tooth had a large cavity or was abscessed, the only option was extraction of the bad tooth. All in all with Root Canal Treatment, we get to preserve a natural tooth and restore good dental health.
Diabetes is a chronic, systemic disease and affects all parts of the body. While its effect on the nerves, eyes, kidneys, and skin is more common, their oral effects are less known. However, diabetes will vouch how they lost tooth and have dry mouth after their sugars went out of control.
- Oral Symptoms in Diabetics: There is a strong correlation between oral health and poorly controlled blood sugars. Some of the common oral indications of diabetes are as follows.
- Dry Mouth: There is less amount of saliva, which brings with it a whole lot of symptoms including soreness of the mucosa, ulcers, increased chances of infection, gum inflammation and tooth decay.
- Thrush: The saliva has higher sugar levels and attracts fungus (Candida in particular) which thrives in this dry, sugary environment. This produces a burning sensation in the mouth.
- Periodontal Disease: The gums get severely infected with gingival recession, where the gum line recedes exposing more of the tooth (tooth length seems to have increased). There is “pocket” formation, or space between the tooth and the gum which hosts a variety of bacteria. The periodontal ligament loses its strength to hold the tooth in place, and thereby teeth become mobile. If not worked upon in time, there could be multiple teeth lost.
As much as it sounds alarming, it is not. There are easy, simple ways to manage these. In fact, good overall management of diabetes will ensure the oral symptoms are also maintained under control. Following are some things to do which will help in managing diabetes in general and the oral symptoms in particular:
As soon as diabetes is diagnosed, visit a dentist to take stock of the oral health condition. Any identified problem should be treated to avoid progression.
Keep a close watch to ensure blood sugar remains as close to normal as possible.
Switch to a toothbrush with soft or extra-soft bristles. This will help reduce the pressure on the gums and thereby prevent gum bleeding
After every meal, remember to brush the teeth.
Flossing at least once a day will help remove food deposits between the teeth. Alternately, use interdental brushes.
Rinse at least twice daily using an antiseptic mouthwash.
Denture-wearers should always clean them daily and never go to sleep with the denture in the mouth.
Smoking with diabetics is a strict no-no, work on quitting at the earliest.
Visit a dentist every 3 months to ensure oral issues are identified at the earliest and treatment done with minimal intervention.
Any dental procedure should be done only when sugar levels are under control.
These will ensure not just oral health but also overall control of diabetes.
Is there possible to change face after treatment of orthodontic specially teeth extraction process? please help.
There's a hole in my teeth. And I can not take cold things at all because of that. What will be the treatment for that problem?
Hi. The gum of my lower back of the mouth has swelled and it is paining a lot. I can not even eat nicely and it pains constantly which is very uncomfortable. Please suggest any medicine or remedy.
I have teeth pain when I drink cold water daily since 2 months what health I should follow to prevent the pain?
I am 23 years old female. I have a problem of gum disease wanted to go for operation how much it costs and does it involves any side effects pls kindly suggest me.
Sir/Madam I have problem for many years of mouth watering. I feel it more in early morning. Whenever I wake up, water comes in mouth frequently sometimes with cough also. My age is 38.
Hello Dr. I have pain in my mouth as my wisdom teeth started to come I am 20 years of old and I am facing pain from last 5-6 days so is there any problem so that I need to meet a doctor.
I hve sensitivity in teeth. Firstly only cold feel. But from last few weeks hot also feeling. Wht to do. Will you please suggest.
If you have tough ones that you are not able to get rid of, com visit us..!!