Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. K. Naveen KumarYour feedback matters!
For the last one week I was feeling uneasiness due to giddiness, stuffy nose, slight head ache, nausea,slight vomiting ,lack of appetite, acute tiredness. Ect. Most of time I prefer to lie in the bed. Since I could not withstand uneasiness I rushed to my doctor and the doctor examining me prescribed medicines named OPARA AND MOXIKIND. CV625 AND COUGH SYRUP. I AM HAVING B.P.AS WELL BLOOD SUGAR FOR WHICH I AM TAKING MEDICINES PRESCRIBED BY THE DOCTOR. I AM AGED 84 6 MONTHS. IS IT FOR SINUS THE MEDICINES HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED IF SO THE USUAL SYMPTOMS SEEN MAY BE REPLIED AND precautions TO BE TAKEN MAY ALSO BE INFORMED.
I am 50 years old man hight-5.3" weight-65kg. Tummy big my problems hyper acidity bed smell in stool urine yellowish frequent Gas passing Snoring in Sleep-Big Sound uneasiness after Meal BP problem since 2002 daily dose in the morning @ Tenolol D SR 25 @Loprin 75 kindly guide.
Sir, i'm 52 yrs old male i'm suffering throat irritation always like sometimes I feel dry and someone like cold in that part local doctors told it may be some alergy related problem they gave some medicine that time controlled after some days that again started please advise me.
I have pain in my throat since 3 days, I am taking precautions such as not drinking anything cold and normal home solution but still no effect, what should I do?
I have a sinus problem. Everyday morning, while sweeping in the house, I suffer with sneezing. I cannot enter a place with dust. I get cold once in a month and it does not leave for over 10 days. Plzz suggest me what measures I have to take in my daily life. THANK U.
Water comes from my ear s bone. It is rotten day by day. Please prescribe me medicine to cure my problem.
Physical pain can often be overwhelming especially for children. Ear ache can cause terrible discomfort to children and can give sleepless nights to both children and parents. It is important for new mom and dads to know the basic causes and remedies of an ear ache. That way the little kids can get relief faster. We will help you know more about ear pain in children. Infants and toddlers suffer more, as they can’t express their discomfort. It is crucial to watch out for symptoms like high fever, pulling or tugging ear, white or yellowish discharge coming out of the ear, restlessness, loss of sleep and appetite.
- The most common cause for ear pain is Acute Otitis Media (AOM) or middle ear infection. Small children are especially vulnerable to this infection. The infection causes fever and pain in children. Infection occurs when the fluid produced, can’t be drained by the Eustachian tube. It happens mostly after a bout of cold in kids. Because of it, the Eustachian tube gets swollen making it difficult for the fluid to flow out.
- Tonsillitis or an infection of the tonsils can also lead to an ear ache.
- Too much ear wax can also cause pain in the ear.
- In the case of a mild case of infection, certain home remedies can give immediate relief. So before running to the emergency, try a few of these.
- A hot or cold compress can give some relief. Get a heating pad or ice bag/ pack for this treatment. Children and even adults benefit from this remedy. However, it is not advisable to use heating pads on babies.
- If the child is old enough to sleep with a pillow keep his/her head elevated.
- If the pain is too much to bear, over the counter analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen can be given provided the stipulated dose for children and infants are maintained.
- If the pain is light, simple distraction method works great among children. They can be engaged with either a storybook, a new toy or some game. Letting them munch on their favourite snack can also help.
- Some home remedies recommend putting a few drops of olive oil inside the ear. Though this method does not have any scientific base, it might give relief, however, it is necessary to check with your child’s doctor before applying this.
- The most common way to treat this infection is, however, by giving them antibiotics. If the pain persists, visit your child’s doctor, let them examine his/her ears and then if he feels he will prescribe antibiotics.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure:
Says all seasoned parents. Hence know when to be careful to avoid further ear infections. Some point to ponder.
- Since ear infections typically start with a common cold, get your child a flu vaccine every year. This will prevent him from catching cold often.
- If your child is going to the daycare or school, make sure they do not encourage the sick child to come to school.
- Do not let your infant lie down with a bottle before sleeping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent specialist.