Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Lalitha
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K. LalithaYour feedback matters!
My mother not have one kidney from last 15 years, and she is suffering from different problems, I want a permanent solution for my mother's long living life such as perfect diet and supplements.
Hi! I have been eating slate pencil since the age of 10 and now I'm 36. I had stopped eating slate pencil in between from 2011 to 2015 but now I have started eating again. I think because of this habit my teeth have badly eroded and have pain. They are in very bad condition and dentists tell me I need extensive denture recreation. Also I suffer from acute pimple and acne problem. My face is always covered with pimples and marks since the age of 16. Please tell is it because of slate pencil? Also does eating slate pencil causes kidney stone or other serious problem? Please advice.
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.
Here are 7 things you should know as a woman
1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.
5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
I am suffering from kidney stones which keeps on flushing on regular basis. But sometimes it causes acute pain and I need to take pain killers. Pl suggest some permanent solution. Stones are small 3.5mm approx.
Preventive aspects for kidney failure-
I am Dr D K Agarwal. I’m senior consultant nephrologists’ from the Indraprastha Hospital, New Delhi. I’m from lybrate. We want to discuss how can we save ourself from a kidney failure.
What steps you have to take to save your kidney?
You understand that kidney is very important part to excrete the toxic materials from the body and the kidney failure, once you have the treatment is very costly in the form of transplantation or dialysis. So we should try to save ourself from kidney failure. Now the steps you have to take care of,
- If you are having diabetes in your family then you should control it. And to control it, we have certain parameters like Glycosylated haemoglobin HBA1C. HBA1C tells about th control of last three months. It should be between 6 to 7%.
- Now if you have blood pressure you should control it in the range of 130/180 or lower down it because controlling the blood pressure relieves the kidney failure.
- The pain killers which are an important cause of kidney failure, we should not take it for too long or now and then by self medication.
- Sometimes you know we go to the chemist, buy the drugs without any consultation from the doctor, these are harmful. So pain killers should be taken cautiously.
- Apart from that if you are having any type of kidney problem like stone, like you are not passing good amount of urine, you are putting force in the urine then you should see the doctor immediately. Because if you take care of the kidney problem immediately it will not change to the chronic state and the last stage.
You can connect with me via lybrate 24 hours and we will answer your question about disease.