Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. K.k. JainYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.
My left side of face is not working properly means no moment on left side. I had an accident what is the reason.
My hands and feet have numbness on and off even if a raise by hands or feet for few seconds. I haven't felt this before but now I am. Is this normal or I need to consult.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer's disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume together the benefits?
I am 65 years female. I have a deep pain in my whole right side, body due to a nerve is being push by back bone in mri.
Sir/mam, my mom have a round shape inside the middle of the brain we knew after scanning. Doctor give a medicine for since last 6 months but she is still suffering like before. She said she feel head pain moreover she have heart problem and she also admitted for head or brain problem before. So, please help me & my mom. I' ll be thankful to you.
My father is 57 years old. He is diabetic from last 12 years. From last 1 year he is putting insulin 2 times a day. Now problem is that he is not able to sit or walk from last 6 months and is completely on bed. Doctors said he is suffering from parkinson and dementia. I want to know the medicines and when he will able to walk or sit.
Hello Dr. My friend is suffering from some business problems. Due to this problem he is suffering from insomnia, stress and tension. He don't want to take Allopathic medicine. Please suggest some alternative method. What diet should he take, or exercise, or anything else he can do to get rid of the problem. than.
I am having a constant insomnia. I take every night trika o. 5. I want to get out of this. Please suggest a way.
2 years back I was detected demyelination. I was told for steroid treatment. As I am a diabetic I did not go for treatment. Did I take right decision. Pls guide me doctor.
What are causes for getting brain tumor in human beings and how to control that? How can we solve that problem.
1. Mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of celery juice and drink it every night before going to bed.
2. Grind some fried cumin (jeera) seeds to a fine powder and mix them with the pulp of a ripe banana. Eat this at night.
3. Add lettuce seeds in boiled water and drink.
4. Mix equal quantities of sesame (til) oil and bottle gourd juice (lauki) and massage this mixture on the scalp every night.
5. Consume salad of raw onions (pyaz) regularly.
6. Eat three cups of curd (dahi) every day.
7. Drink the milk extracted from poppy seeds every day at night after having dinner.
8. Drink a cup of milk with honey every day.
9. Take rose water (gulab jal), add one drop of ghee and rinse the eyes with that water at bed time.
10. Take a glass of warm milk and add some nutmeg (jayfal), cardamom (elaichi) and dried ginger (adrak) to it and consume it.
For more tips and ayurvedic treatment you may consult me anytime.
Wish you a good health.