Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. K.JansilakshmiYour feedback matters!
The red and itchy sores in genital area, which can cause immense pain are genital sores. They usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
Here are a few ways in which this may be treated:
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
Hi dear Doctor. My ultrasound report is this. Right ovary is enlarged in size. A right ovarian cyst of 4.07*2.98cm size is seen. Mild enlargement of the uterus is seen. A fibroid of 2.51*1.81cm size is seen in the fungal and body region close to anterior wall of the uterus.. please doctor tell is there any problem for conception.. I want to conceive my first baby. I m 1 years married women. than.
My friend harini had sex before 1 month (date: april 19). Her periods date 12th of every month. But this month she did not got her periods now 8 days went extra. Now she has doubt that she got pregnant so only her periods did not came and she is sure of pregnant because every month she will get her periods on date or one day extra. So please suggest any medicine for periods she should not get pregnant she should get her periods. And if she puts that medicine what will happen? I mean she will get her periods? Please help.
Most of us live with excruciating amount of stress. Rising competition, the rat race, our loans, insurances, health, family, social life and work, everything these days is simply adds on to our levels of stress.
It’s the stress that reminds us of deadlines, prompts us to work better. But the most common type of stress, or distress can have negative effects on our body. Apart from general physical health, it can hurt our bones as well.
1. Excess Stress and Our Bones: Excess stress releases chemicals into bloodstream, particularly the hormone cortisol. Now, this is the hormone that gives our brain and body a temporary boost. But having this hormone for a long term can result in real damage to our bone density. Meanwhile, it can even elevate our blood pressure, result in glucose problems and digestive issues with cardiovascular symptoms.
2. Reduced Bone Density: Reduced bone density, due to stress has several negative effects. For instance, it can increase sugar cravings and lead to obesity. It can also lead to osteoporosis and a number of recurrent fractures.
3. Cortisol Catch: Remember how researchers and doctors informed people that phosphoric acid in cola acts as a corrosive agent? Well that’s what cortisol does in long term. This can even result in other problems, such as exhaustion.
So, how should you deal with it?
Chronic stress can be dealt by understanding what the cause of stress is. Once you have the cause, follow simple relaxation tips, such as,
- Meditate for a few minutes, breathe deeply, exercise and tune into your body. Even ten-fifteen minutes of this is enough.
- Crank up the tunes, listen to a few songs, laugh or loud watching shows or simply go out with your friends.
- Eat well balanced meal, avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, be positive and seek out social support if needed.
- And if the stress still haunts you, consult a counsellor or a doctor for support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My period is missed 28th Feb and I will check the pregnancy test but its negative? So what I can do ?
The date is one of the most nourishing fruits. It is a food of great importance. The date is a food of high nutritional value.It provides natural sugar in the form of glucose and fructose. This is ready for immediate absorption and is, Therefore infinitely superior to cane - sugar. It is usually taken raw or with milk, which makes it highly nutritious in most rrspects
Dates are easily digested, they are very useful for supplying energy and repairing waste.. The nicotinic content in dates is an excellent remedy for intestinal disturbance.
The date is alxative food. ITIS highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation as the roughage provided by it stimulates sluggish bowels.
Dates are an effective remedy for weak heart. Dated soaked overnight in water and crushed in the same water in the morning after removing the seeds should be taken at least twice a week in this condition. It will strengthen the heart.
Hello sir, I am of aged 20 years I have participated in sex without using condom. She is of aged 25 she has got married and have a children of aged 10-15 years I used to have sex whenever her husband went to states and after coming from states he used to participate in sex with her after his absence I used to go and participate in sex with her. Like this situation was happened many times duration is from one year onwards is there any chances to get hiv/std upto now me and her didn't get any diseases.
I love to eat chalk and mud diya is it a sign of disease my weight is increasing day by day inspite of exercise my body temp is always very high.
I had my period on 17/12/2015 and I had sex on 23/12/2015. Now will I get pregnant. I'm worried. Please advise.
Scratching a mosquito bite is your body’s response to the saliva that the female mosquito leaves behind after sucking your blood. Itching a mosquito bite inflames and irritates the skin further, causing your immune system to try even harder to fight off the foreign substance (mosquito saliva). This, consequently, results in more inflammation, and an itchy bump that refuses to go away.
Excessive scratching should be avoided as it can cause your skin to break and leave behind a scar called dermatofibroma. This small ball-shaped scar mark can appear wherever the mosquito bites. You can also end up with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which is basically a brown spot that appears on your skin when you scratch a lot. Further, scratching a mosquito bite can also lead to infection as bacteria from under your fingernails get injected into the bite, thereby infecting it.
Instead of scratching the mosquito bite, here are 2 ways to get respite from the itch, while avoiding the damage that it can cause to your skin.
1. Rub it with lemon
Lemon (or lime) contains citric acid, which has itch relieving properties. The next time a mosquito bites you, cut up a lemon into pieces and rub a piece gently on the affected area. You can even squirt some lemon juice on the bite to relieve itching.
2. Apply vaporub on the itchy area
Rubbing vaporub on your skin is another way to stop the itch. It contains ingredients like peppermint, eucalyptus oil or menthol, which possess itch-relieving properties. Moreover, the scent of a vaporub can be helpful in keeping mosquitoes away, consequently preventing mosquito bites.
The next time you feel the need to scratch a mosquito bite, don’t do so; instead try the above two alternatives for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife is 5 months pregnant. Is it safe for her nd baby to travel 200 kms by car . Any precautions to be taken.
Hi Pcod n pregnancy related issue Got married n still finding it difficult to conceive Currently on metformin treatment.
After doing sex with the help of condom and periods get delay it gets delay too 1 month is this any problem or what ? Or due to hormonal imbalance bcoz earlier I consumed unwanted 72 pill.
I am 32 years old female and having very heavy bleeding during menstural periods, I have already taken savista medicine with doctor consult but no of use. Kindly suggest me permanent cure.
My daughter is 16 weeks pregnant. She is in USA. She had been going for regular check ups from day1. Regular scannings were carried out. After 16 weeks the doctor informed that he/she forgot to carry out a test scanning which is supposed to be carried out after 12 weeks period and that there was a doubt expressed about the growth of Nasal bone. There were some blood and other tests carried out and they found the results satisfactory. Yet they wanted to go for another test of collecting some fluid from the womb for carrying another test. It appears that this has got some risk factors also. Would you advise such test?
She have period problem. She is in very pained .in one month period coming in every five days. Please do something. And talk with me soon. Please.Thank you.
Hello doctors, I am trying to conceive. Goin thru the treatment of clomid and injectable as I am having PCOS and Thyroid. Having 2 failed cycles and now I am on 3rd cycle and ovulated naturally too. I am 10 dpo. I want to reduce my weight but nothing help me alot. I am 83kg and 5'3 tall. I am having two questions- 1) can I take 3-4 cups of green and ginger tea (mixed together) after ovulation has occurred? 2) can I use herbalife products like shakes for reducing weight? These products do help in loosing weight but I want to know if taking herbalife can cause some problems with conceiving?
An ectopic pregnancy takes place in the case when the completely fertilized egg attaches itself to a place outside the inner side of the uterus. Ectopic pregnancy is also called tubal pregnancy because in most cases, it takes place in the Fallopian tube. Usually, the Fallopian tubes are not responsible for holding an embryo, which keeps on growing. Hence, the egg has no scope to develop in the Fallopian tube. This problem must be treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications. Here are several ways of treating ectopic pregnancy.
- Expectant management: In case you are not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy or the pregnancy cannot be found, close observation is required. This is known as expectant management. You should conduct regular blood tests and follow them up in order to detect, whether the hCG level in your blood is ascending or descending. You are likely to have vaginal bleeding. Use pads and towels instead of tampons. Pain in your tummy is also indicated.
- Proper medication: In case ectopic pregnancy is detected at an early stage and constant monitoring is not suitable for you, a medicine by the name of methotrexate can be used for treatment. The medicine stops this pregnancy from developing. It is usually injected into your buttocks. Regular blood tests must be carried out to know how the treatment is taking shape on your condition. Trusted contraception measures should be taken for three months following the treatment as methotrexate is very harmful for an infant in case you become pregnant. Keep away from alcohol, as the combination of methotrexate with alcohol is harmful to the liver.
- Surgical means: The most common mode of surgery for removing ectopic pregnancy during an early stage is laparoscopy or keyhole surgery. While a laparoscopy is carried out, you will be in a state of anesthesia. A narrow tube or the laparoscope is inserted through surgical cuts in the tummy. The Fallopian tube, which had the ectopic pregnancy is totally removed in case the other Fallopian tube is functioning well. Else the pregnancy has to be somehow removed without cutting off the Fallopian tube. Removal of the Fallopian tube is the best remedy for treating ectopic pregnancy and getting pregnant again is also possible. It takes a normal woman almost six weeks to recover after the surgery. Laparotomy is another kind of surgery carried out to repair a ruptured Fallopian tube.