Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.JansilakshmiYour feedback matters!
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency?"
We are married since 1 year and we stayed together for 6 months then my husband went to dubai. He is coming on 30th may. In this what type of food we both should have to enjoy our sex life nicely. We are also planning for a baby now so when to have sex and when to stop ols advise both. I also have hair growth on face how to remove it in home. Also advise if go for laser will it be harmful for pregnancy. Pls pls advise properly for all above questions.
Hello. I have been married for a year now. I have not conceived yet. My last menstruation periods came on 27th of October and I had sex with my husband on the 8th of this month. Is there any chances of conceiving?
I am 27 years old and suffering with pcos from one year If I come down to normal weight with natural diet and yoga. Could I get away from pcos.
28 years old, I have frequent delay in periods issue from many years now. And this happens every month. I assume my body started sending message in excess of weight. Please suggest?
Morning Horlicks 1cup milk, 5 badam 1roti with sabzi Coconut water then a fruit 1roti sabzi or rice daal Fruit may b banana, watermelon, mango shake, any 1of these Real fol (folic tablet) That's it this is my diet these days m bit concern is this good m 8 week pregnant.
Last month after sex I had periods but this month I'm missing it by 2, 3 days so I'm worried is I'm pregnant or what.
I need to skip or delay or stop my period on 7th Dec as it is my competition day. I had my last period from 3rd Nov to 10th nov.
My wife age 29 is 3.5 month pregnant. She is bleeding for sometimes. What precaution should I taken. Your faithfully Arun PRAJAPATI.
The vagina is composed of labia majora, labia minora and the clitoral head. In labiaplasty, the appearance of the external genitalia, specifically the labia minora are altered. The labia minora are the flaps of skin on either side of the vagina. With age and/or pregnancy, these can become dark, can sag or can enlarge over a period of time. While some women simply are bothered by the aesthetic appearance of it, others might have discomfort as a result of this.
This is where labiaplasty plays a critical role. It can remove the darkened folds and the excess tissue, creating a more symmetric and aesthetic appearance. The accompanying discomfort is also gone, producing both a psychological as well as a physical improvement. However, it is important for a woman to understand that having some folds in this area is quite normal and should not require any intervention. Also, this surgery is not for women less than 18 years of age as growth is not complete yet in these girls.
Once you have decided to go ahead with this procedure, be careful to place yourself in the hands of a good surgeon. Check for their testimonials and get all your doubts cleared. It is advisable to ask if there were failures and how they were handled, how complications that may arise are managed. In the wrong hands, things can go wrong in this surgery. Most doctors would like to set expectations and ask the patient in detail the exact reasons for and the expectations from the procedure. This is very important to avoid dissatisfaction for both the doctor and the patient.
What is done?
Using either a local anesthetic or a general anesthetic, the patient is sedated. The tissue of the labia minor is then reshaped using either a scalpel or laser. The loose ends of the tissue are sutured using absorbable sutures. These sutures will dissolve over the next few days. This procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours and does not require hospitalization.
What should you expect after the procedure?
Complete recovery may take up to a couple of months. During this period, rest from work is advisable. In addition to ample rest, you must follow the suggestions given below:
- Use cool packs to reduce the swelling and soreness
- Take painkillers to manage the pain
- The area must be kept clean, dry and free of infection
- Prefer loose clothing to avoid rubbing in the area
- Refrain from sex for a couple of weeks
- Avoid using tampons; use sanitary pads instead
Complications could range from bleeding, infection, allergic reaction to anesthetic, blood clots, reduced sensitivity of the genitalia, to unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance. These need to be managed between the cosmetic surgeon and the patient.
Hi. Does Estradiol valerate interfere with ovulation. I'm trying to conceive with clomid, metformin. And ev 2 mg from 5th day once in day. Is this dosage correct r not?
I am a house wife I am pregnant after 2 years but 2014 I have operated of sist and fibroids my pregnancy started in january 26 2016 so what precautions I have to taken can you please tell me doctor.
Is it possible for a person to contract an STD if she or he is having sex with more than one person at a time but neither of the partners has an STD?
The post-partum period is the first few (usually six) weeks after delivering the baby. Sex might be the last thing you think of during this time. Sexual desires might decrease due to the following:
- Healing from the incision (in case of a vaginal delivery)
- Cesarean birth healing (abdominal incisions)
- Fatigue caused by the whole birthing process and pregnancy
- Stress caused by the newly born baby (especially more so in case of triplets or twins)
- Shifts in the hormonal levels
- Breastfeeding related breast sores
- Emotional difficulties such as parenting anxiety, relationship problems with the baby’s father
- Postpartum blues
After the incision (if any) has fully healed along with the delicate vaginal tissues, it is generally safer to have intercourse. It might take a few weeks for the healing process to fully complete. The doctor will be able to give a more personal advice on when it is ok to start having sex again. Usually in case of a normal delivery, the waiting period is 6 weeks. The emotional readiness and physical comfort is extremely important as well. In a lot of cases it might take up to a year for normal sex life of the couple to resume again.
Also, there is a common misconception amongst many couples that during the postpartum period, having a baby again isn’t possible. Condoms should be used if you aren’t abstaining from sex in the postpartum period. This helps in avoiding an unplanned pregnancy and the complications that can arise from two successive deliveries.
The body goes through a lot of changes after giving birth. Low libido affects the sex drive. The body needs time to recuperate and might not be ready for sex immediately after giving birth as it switches itself to give care for the new born. A break is often necessary as the body and mind heal.
Vaginal dryness in the postpartum weeks is also very common. Lube and lots of it can help. The vagina, in the initial weeks, stretches out quite a bit. It slowly starts returning to its original contracted state as the muscles become tight again.
It’s also important to remember that you can be intimate with your partner after you give birth to a baby, without having sex. Body contact and cuddles are ways of expressing your affection towards your partner. Love doesn’t need to be dependent on sex! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Is it a fact or a myth that do not take bath during the first two days of periods? I have heard this from a lots of people but I don't know if it is right or wrong.
My wife is pregnant from 8 weeks I wanna abort the child what should I do? is abortion safe for future conceive? Please advise.
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"