Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 51yr old pre menopausal woman. I have a cervical polyp about 3cms long. I have been advised surgery. Are there any homeopathic or ayurvedic cures for this so that I do not have to go under the knife.
Hi, im 39 years old single women. Having irregular periods for last two months. Instead of 28 days cycle it has gone upto 45 days. Had my bood tests done I had tested for CBC, FH, AMH n thyroid. Other than being anaemic other reports are normal n there is no sign of hormonal imbalance. I was told by doctors that its sign of peri-menopause. I had my periods after 47 days on 14 Nov. But it started again since 21 Nov its still going on. Please let me know whats the reason for irregular periods n solution also.
Increasing amounts of research are demonstrating the importance of an active lifestyle. Unfortunately, common myths would have us believe that as we age, our bodies become less able to fulfill the active lifestyle that we would want. While there are many examples of unique individuals who are yoga teachers, weight lifters, marathon runners and athletes well into their older age, they are often presented to us in the media as unusual examples that are all but attainable.
Nothing could be further from the truth, however. We are all designed to have the ability to live an active lifestyle for most if not all of our lives. This may not mean being extreme athletes for most of us, but being active doesn?t have to mean spending all of your free time at the gym or dieting. Some people do suffer from chronic health conditions as they are, and this should of course be taken into consideration when choosing an exercise routine that is adapted to those conditions.
Choosing the Right Active Lifestyle
Living an active lifestyle doesn?t have to mean signing up for the gym or a triathlon if you have arthritis, nor does it have to mean being a weightlifter if you?ve got chronic pain. It is important to choose an activity lifestyle that fits with any conditions that come up as you age. Low impact sports like swimming, aquafitness, yoga and pilates can be excellent choices for an aging body that requires a gentle entry into a new active regime.
If you?ve never been a runner, it may not be wise to start signing up for a marathon, but you can start building with some walks around the block and eventually, start jogging part of the way and then maybe running. Cycling can be an excellent way to improve your health and activity levels without worrying about impact on the joints. You can ride a bike outside, or use the elliptical as a great, safe exercise tool.
Reducing Screen Time
Most individuals in today?s society spend the majority of their time in front of a screen. Not only is this detrimental to our social connections, but it promotes a sedentary lifestyle. If you have a physical job, then it may be that in your off time you spend a large amount of time watching television, movies, or even playing video games.
There are now options in the marketplace to make screen time overlap easily with activity time, such as stationary machines that can be purchased for home, as well as video games like the Wii Fit by Nintendo that allows people to work activities in the comfort of their home. This can be especially great for winter time, but it?s not necessary to spend a lot of money getting active. There are many free resources Online that you can follow exercise instructors routines or design your own home workout to do with very little equipment and space. For example, sometimes all you need is a yoga mat and you can do squats, plants and push-ups in your living room!
Run Toward an Active Lifestyle
There are so many short term benefits to exercise, like increasing heart rate and production of endorphins, which improves mental and emotional health; moving the fluids through the body which improves circulation, as well as general muscle strength and flexibility. In addition to this, long term benefits to maintaining an active lifestyle also include reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer?s, adult onset of diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis. With so many reasons to stay active in life, how can one continue to avoid working out?
It?s important to start building activity into the lifestyle when we are young, so that as the body begins to age we are not playing catch-up with all our health conditions.
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician, diabetologist and wellness expert
I had relation with my husband in mid cycle period. My last period first day was 24 august and I had sexual intercourse within 5 sept to 9 sept. But now I m experiencing little pain in lower stomach area. What can be the problem please help,
My friend had unprotected sex & then within 24 hours she took an ipill. And suffered from periods within a week. 28 days has been passed from the day of her periods bt still she hasn't gone through her menstrual cycle so is she in trouble?
I'm 29 years recently married I had unprotected sex before 15 days earlier after 4-5 days I ate alots of ripe payaya my last period date was 11th. I'm feeling very tired and bloating stomach always. Today I feel my period is started but I get few bleeding since morning. Now I'm very worried about my health. Kindly suggest me best what to do right now?
My wife is taking contraceptive pills according to doctor advice. We had sex twice in a day will it cause pregnancy?
Hi. I am 25 years old. I love a girl for long time. I want to marry her. But when I had try to sex with her. I feel that her vagina is not normal. It is very small. How I know that she is a normal for marriage.Is there any solution. Pls help me. Thnx.
My wife had an ectopic gestation because of which one fallopian tube had to be cut. What all precautions need to taken to prevent future ectopic pregnancy?
Hai mai age is 24. My left kidney report is normal in size (left kidney=(98mm * 48 mm) with normal shape and echo texture. Cortex and medulla are well differentiated. Mild distention of renal pelvis and proximal ureter noted no calculus seen is a serious problem or it cure with medicine. Surgery is necessary or not please suggest me. This is a ultra scanning report.
Ovulation study day 16 Endometrium size : 9.0 mm Left ovary: 16*1 Right ovary : msf It is possible to get pregnant with this dimensions.
For pregnancy time between children's we have one child gap in other one please suggest the pills or injections.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.
I am 26 year old, female married my menstrual cycle before two months short. What the reason of causes.
These days i'm seeing and hearing often maximum that babies are getting born with jaundice disease. What is the reason behind and how to prevent it from? If possible then. actually one of my cousin is 1st month pregnant. Tell me the tips of prevention.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor