Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K Gopal RaoYour feedback matters!
I am a 22 years girl and m fit but I have hair fall since 6 years n bcoz of dat my hair is not growing and dark circles under eyes from small age only way can I do for these two reasons.
Itchy legs after shaving is a common dilemma for women. Painful scratching can put even the most rational woman into a fit of frustration and tears. Itchy legs after shaving can happen for a few reasons, one being dry skin. Sometimes, a rash may even appear after shaving. There are, however, many different ways and techniques to treat and prevent this irritating issue.
There are a few causes for itchy skin and rashes after shaving legs. These causes can be your own skin issues and some are caused directly from shaving.
If you already have dry skin, pressing any kind of object against your skin can cause irritation. This can include doing something as simple as drying off with a towel after showering.
People with sensitive skin are bothered by any possible irritant. Rashes after shaving legs are a common problem for people with sensitive skin.
Using a dull razor can cause you to press too hard on your skin while shaving, causing legs to be itchy and possibly causing a rash. Dull razors simply do not work as you need them to. Pushing harder to try
And make them work better will only cause yourself discomfort and you will most likely still not get the close shave you are looking for.
Using a dull razor, shaving too close to the skin, and pressing a razor too hard to the skin will cause razor burn. This painful issue can also be caused by dry shaving and cold shaving.
Itchy legs after shaving and rash after shaving legs will make you naturally want to scratch. Unfortunately, although this may soothe the flare-up at that present moment, scratching will only make legs itch worse.
There are numerous methods of how to stop itching after shaving legs. There are many over-the-counter treatments, as well as natural treatments.
Lotions, creams and sprays containing the following ingredients can help soothe itchy legs after shaving:
Benzocaine (or any topical 'caine')
Anti-itch creams which contain 1% hydrocortisone cream can also be beneficial in soothing the itch; especially when there is a rash on legs after shaving.
Bag balm, originally created to soothe the teets on cows that are nursing or being milked, this product has long been the staple in many homes as a natural treatment for dry and irritated skin.
Any of the following naturally found items can help with itchy legs after shaving, including itchy legs that have developed a rash. These natural soothers can be used in a lotion, cream, spray, or simply by themselves.
Aloe is a natural soother used for many skin irritations, including sunburn. Juice from aloe can be applied directly from the plant source.
Oatmeal is, by far, one of the best natural treatments for how to stop itching after shaving legs. Taking an oatmeal bath will help soothe any itch or rash, including hives from an allergic reaction. Simply use a knee high stocking, fill with oatmeal, and use as a body pouf within the bath waters. Oatmeal will not only soothe irritated skin but also intensely moisturize, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth.
Vitamin e oil is usually found in lotions (but can also be found in drops at your local health food or beauty facility). Vitamin e oil is a natural moisturizer and will soothe irritated and dry skin fairly quickly.
Lavender will not only soothe the skin but also the senses. Use in a bath to alleviate itch and pain, and also to de-stress. Soothe away pain and stress in a lavender bath.
Tea tree oil has long been used as a natural antiseptic. Used most often for skin issues such as acne, dandruff, and eczema, tea tree oil will balance skin and ease irritation.
Witch hazel is a natural astringent; balances and tones skin after using irritating products, including shaving products and soaps.
There are many techniques in the prevention of itchy legs after shaving. These techniques are applied both before, during and after shaving.
Use warm (not hot) water to shave legs in. Hot water depletes moisture from the skin. Warm water will help soften hairs and softer hairs allow for a smoother shave.
Be sure to exfoliate before and after shaving.
Exfoliate before shaving to align hairs for a more even shave and to remove dead skin for a closer shave.
Exfoliate after shaving to unclog any products used for shaving. Exfoliating after shaving also helps prevent ingrown hairs.
Always use shaving creams or products when shaving in order to hydrate skin. Never use water alone. Although you can use soap, it is not recommended as it can dry skin out. If you like the feel of soap for shaving, try goat milk soap which actually neutralizes the ph in your skin. If you have sensitive skin, try sensitive shaving products that contain aloe. Leave shaving cream on your legs for approximately three minutes to further soften hairs.
Shave in the direction of your hair growth. If you shave hairs against the grain, irritation and bumps can occur.
Shave lightly with a sharp razor. Do not use dull razors! dull razors and added pressure while shaving will cause irritation and most likely a rash.
After shaving and exfoliation, rinse legs with cool water. This will allow pores to close, preventing any outside irritants from entering your skin. After rinsing with cold water, pat legs dry. Do not rub. Rubbing opens pores and allows irritants in; and also strips away layers of new skin.
Pat legs with witch hazel to tone and neutralizes before using a lotion or cream. Use moisturizers that contain no perfumes, dyes or alcohol as these can dry out and further irritate skin. Try bag balm or a specialty after shave cream.
Sir my age is 29 and marital status single. Day by day my skin is becoming very dark n dull. And on the upper side of my full hands the skin became so dark as I have painted it wid black colour. Although before my skin was fair. N now neck portion n lower side of hand is still fair. I m worried for this. Do my body is suffering from ny vitamins deficiencies. If yes which test I sud go on to conform its problem.
I am 18 years and my problem is in my skin black dots and some itching also happening. If suppose use of ointment it should be only 2 days will work and again it would be itching. Pls tell me the reason.
With the urge to remain and look young constantly on the rise, more and more people are moving towards cosmetic surgical options to retain their youthful looks. Laser therapy is one of the most commonly used procedures in cosmetic surgery. Read on to know additional information on the types of lasers and the various uses in cosmetic surgery.
How it works?
A laser unit produces a beam of high-energy, focused-intense light which selectively interacts with the various tissues in the skin. By altering the amount of light and the area of application, many medical conditions can be treated using laser therapy. While only laser is used in some cases, it could be used in combination with other products in some other people. The skin has an underlying layer of connective tissue which has collagen, elastin, and blood vessels. The laser acts on these and removes the superficial dead layers at the same time improving production of collagen and elastin. The result is youthful, glowing skin that is almost instant.
Types of laser surgery:
Laser is used in multiple ways on the skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing: For treating ageing issues like wrinkles, blemishes, and dark pigments, a beam of the laser is directed at the affected area. It acts on the collagen layer and the result is wrinkle-free skin that looks youthful and glows.
- Removal of skin lesions: For small lesions like birthmarks and warts, the blood vessels are usually affected. A beam of the laser is aimed at these lesions, and by cutting off blood supply to these, the lesions are removed and regrowth is prevented. Laser is also useful in treating spider veins and tattoos. Depending on the severity of the lesion, more than one session may be required. Another major advantage of the laser procedure is that it is done in the outpatient setting and does not require hospitalisation.
- Laser hair treatments: Laser is used both in hair removal and in the transplant process. In hair transplant process, the area of transplant is prepared to receive the transplant using laser. In hair removal process, the follicles are removed and therefore unwanted hair on the body is removed. This again may require multiple sessions depending on the quality of the hair.
- Types of cosmetic lasers: Carbon dioxide laser, Erbium laser, Nd:Yag laser, Pulsed-dye laser, intense pulsed laser, infrared, and radio frequency lasers are some commonly used lasers. There are constant developments in this ever-evolving field, and your cosmetic surgeon would be the right person to give you that information.
Also, having a detailed discussion with your surgeon on what to expect after a laser procedure is extremely essential. This will help set expectations for both the surgeon and the patient."
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 24 year old male, I have been suffering from IBS for last four years and skin elasticity on lips lost also.
I have lipids. Formation over my eye lids, basically right now skin is dry. Little puffy. Lot of irritation. Doctor has prescribed laveta m.is it correct. After having it for 10 days. These lipds appeared again.
I have tanned skin at back side below neck and also on my face, hands and legs. I have ace (kind of pimple) below breast line, hip and thigh area, also feel itching to these areas of body.
I have black spot on my cheeks. How to clear the black color from the cheeks by any method? how many days to clean that?
I have dark marks on both sides of my nose. And mine is oily skin in winter black marks are becoming more black and I feel it like cracks. Further I feel black sides of my mouth.
Under eye dark circles are a common appearance if you do not get the adequate hours of sleep or if you are subjected to stress over a prolonged period of time. However, if you notice the presence of under eye dark circles even after getting sufficient sleep, that might be a result of crater formation or swollen eyelids.
Causes of under eye dark circles
- Constant exposure to the sun : Which might lead to an over-secretion of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin coloration).
- Excessive rubbing of eyes : Dark circles might also occur if you randomly rub or scratch your eyes as an unconscious habit.
- Allergy/Contact Dermatitis: Dark circles might also develop due to allergies or eczema (skin inflammation) or contact dermatitis (a condition wherein rashes develop accompanied by severe itching after coming in contact with a foreign substance).
- Old Age: The gradual loosening of skin along with fats and collagen as you grow old can result in dark circles of reddish-blue hue.
- Excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol: might also form dark circles under the eyes.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Nutrients in our diet play a vital role in maintaining both the aesthetics and the functionality of our eyes and deficiency of some of these can surely cause under eye dark circles. Nutrients like vitamin B 12, K, E and iron deficiency are just few of them.
- Hereditary factors
- Lack of sleep
Home remedies for treating under eye dark circles
- Apply almond oil on your dark circles and leave it overnight
- Cut thick slices of cucumber, place them for 30 minutes on your eyes and then wash them thoroughly
- Apply juice of raw potato on your dark circles for 2 to 3 weeks
Under eye dark circles are not a serious medical condition and can be easily decreased or eliminated by following procedures:
- In order to eradicate dark circles, you can opt for a procedure which combines aqua jet, glycolic peel (which helps to shed the affected skin in the under-eye region and initiate the natural reduction of the dark circles), micro current (which keeps the affected region duly hydrated) and associated home ingredients to strengthen the skin around your eyes.
- To prevent dark circles, you can also opt for a procedure which revitalises the under-eye regions with the help of high platelet-containing plasma. The platelets help in the creation of collagen (the building block of the skin) that restores freshness of your skin. This procedure is completely safe as it is a natural one and does not come with any side effect. Further recommendations In addition to the aforementioned procedures, you can also use a serum containing soy and rice peptides, yeast protein, hyaluronic acid, and extracts from seaweed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.